IGNORED

FAN meeting - TONIGHT (Merged)

Dollymarie

4 hours ago, RedM said:

They are a totally different design aren't they. The Lansdown ones work and the Dolman/SS don't. Well if they do work they blow out cold air, and one hasn't worked for weeks. I remember there being a problem from when they were first installed, we were told they took the air temp from the outside air and was balanced by that, cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Well that didn't work! The driers aren't fit for purpose and the club should be as forceful with the suppliers as they are with other things.

Cheap seats.  Innit

You need to go corporate for warm hand driers 

:thumbsup:

• Admin

I have an employee at work that wanted to go but I hadn't asked her for date of birth etc and as I was honest and didn't make up these details I was unable to get her a ticket. With a 4-1 win as her first game we might have even got her on the hook for more games but alas no.

42 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Please don't shoot the messenger! I'm just feeding back the clubs answers, I wasn't entirely happy with some of the answers either. The next FAN will be before a Saturday home game, so more people can come along and hopefully get involved.  

Be great if SL could be involved.

He's a football fan, wonder how he feels when he sees that set of replies?

With regards to not having seating in the concourses - I've raised this before - can the club consider a metal mezzanine floor in the south stand. I believe the original designs for the stand was going to incorporate a second floor, so why can't they consider fixed metal stairs with a mezzanine seating area?

• Admin
56 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Please don't shoot the messenger! I'm just feeding back the clubs answers, I wasn't entirely happy with some of the answers either. The next FAN will be before a Saturday home game, so more people can come along and hopefully get involved.  

Not aiming this at DM, is anyone else that was there going to feed anything back?

11 minutes ago, 42nite said:

He is a business man first of all though. More people through the turnstiles, more money being spent on concessions, more money in his back pocket. Doubt he gives too many ***** to be honest. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Good point, and my error.

The one time I was asked for the additional details was when I did it over the phone - the other times have been online

Thought so.

Wonder why there's that disconnect. It's not hard to set up such a thing of asking for details with the online option- that is if it's even deemed necessary.

@Welcome To The Jungle Very much doubt SL makes money on City or Bristol Sport. Quite the reverse over the years I would have thought.

16 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Pretty embarrassing set of replies. I know it doesn't show the full context in which they were said.. tone etc.. but going from that picture they are not satisfactory.

I've long since felt that FAN is seen as a bit of a box ticking inconvenience by the club and this supports further my suspicion.

Such a contrast to the recent QnA situation with the playing staff. A fantastic example of engagement and 2 way communication. Notice how people seem far more supportive of our management and what they're trying to do since that QnA. Good communication and keeping fans involved is so important.

24 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thought so.

Wonder why there's that disconnect. It's not hard to set up such a thing of asking for details with the online option- that is if it's even deemed necessary.

@Welcome To The Jungle Very much doubt SL makes money on City or Bristol Sport. Quite the reverse over the years I would have thought.

He takes what he loses back in equity. He is very much in the black concerning BCFC. He is a very clever man with finances and doesn't just throw it away. 

Edit: I am not 100% confident that this is true.

9 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

He takes what he loses back in equity. He is very much in the black concerning BCFC. He is a very clever man with finances and doesn't just throw it away. 

Interesting. No doubt he is very clever with finances.

Equity? Would have to look into that a bit more- is mainly that we were for years a significantly loss making club and he spent cash and lots of it so would have to think about that one. Then you factor in the fact that plenty of owners don't make cash out of football...

As below, some more detail would be excellent and very interesting to hear.

8 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I'd love to hear more detail on your insight here...!

I was under the impression that this was fact. Happy to retract it but was convinced it was fairly common knowledge. Happy to be told otherwise. I'll also edit my previous post as I have stated it as fact which it may not be.

6 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I was under the impression that this was fact. Happy to retract it but was convinced it was fairly common knowledge. Happy to be told otherwise. I'll also edit my previous post as I have stated it as fact which it may not be.

Well, he's increased his %  stake in Bristol City Holdings (and diluted that of others) but unless somebody is willing to buy it at a price greater than what he's invested, he's not had much benefit. The stadium probably does a huge benefit for the value of BCH but there is debt against Ashton Gate Limited which will reduce the value of his stake.

I'm rather at a loss to the answer given re the stadium lighting?

Was the question about the lighting given incorrectly? What does 'Stadium bowl' lighting mean?

The offending lights, are those that are attached to the overhead wall of the exits. They do absolutely nothing for anyone in the Lansdown stand, as they point directly at the Dolman opposite.

There are lights underneath on the angle of the exit, pointing down from the exit ceiling that illuminate the stairwell. These do not effect the view across the pitch as you cannot see them, as they point downwards.

If lights are needed, to show where the exits are for those in the Lansdown, then surely they should be placed on the side of the exit wall, for those to see from where they are seated?

How can anyone sitting in the Lansdown see those lights, if they are placed on a wall facing away from them? The only people that can see them are those in the other 3 stands.

If they are needed as per certificate requirement, why haven't the other 3 stands got them?

As for the 'rake of the steps'....the Dolman is steeper....so it makes no sense at all.

@Mkelly please can you clear this up as it's truly confusing.

On the subject of naming bar areas they seem to have overlooked the fact that one of them has recently been named after Billy Wedlock. This was even heralded by the use of the old Wedlocks pub sign and tweeted by JL. I'm not sure then why they had to ask 'what about Billy Wedlock'??

The solution of the stadium mixed use is simple. You divide the number of serving areas in half (or if an odd number the higher number goes to City) and you get the fans of both clubs to vote for the names they'd like to see over each bar. Simple really. 

I guess the due to the mixed use, the South Stand will now remain that name for the foreseeable future. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

**Cheap seats.  Innit

You need to go corporate for warm hand driers 

:thumbsup:

**for 'cheap seats' read slightly less extortionate...

(cheap seats in an English football stadium nowadays ?  yeah right)

PS .......tonights prices vs Stoke are about right though imho,  :thumbsup:  for a 'bring your own towel' match. :) 

On subject of naming, could/should name a bar after Cooper, before my time but I understand he worked miracles here. I know it was already covered in Q&A.

Still on the subject of naming, is the South Stand the name to be stuck with? All the other stands are 'named' though I prefer the name 'South Stand' to some corporate name...but South Stand is a bit generic as a name, isn't it?

12 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Not happy with answer about lights kept on for evening games.

- The rake of the stand.  Personally I think there should have been handrails incorporated into the original design as elderly and people with some mobility issues find the rake (and the resultant narrowness of the steps) challenging.  Having the lights on does not help in any way or if it does it's very marginal.

- Late comers to the game.  They don't leave the ceiling lights on in a cinema to accommodate late arrivals.  This would spoil the experience of other cinema goers so why are lights left on at the game so it spoils it for everyone else?

The response from the club (which I don't buy) is that it's about adequate lighting.   I guess it's too late/expensive to do this now, but if that is their. stance some discrete lighting of the steps themselves as they do in cinema would be a solution that does not detract from the experience of everyone else.

I would like to know....

- How many recorded injuries have occurred by individuals as a result of the lights being off.  Surely this was in response to actual evidence?  If there are any injuries were they attributed to it being too dark or was it more to do with lack of handrails? Have there been less incidents since the light.have been kept on? If there have been no incidents, then leave the lights off and monitor how things go.

- How many other clubs leave the lights during the game?

Really pisses me off.

I did wonder why they leave the lights on. Is it something to do with the edges of the steps being painted in black which I have already noticed is starting to wear off in some places and why was it done in black in the first place, it has got to be a health and safety issue. Should have been done in white or yellow and then we can see the steps more clearly. 

I just found the club are being very negative with their replies especially about the memorial garden, I thought they were setting area aside for this but obviously it was bullshit from the start. As for using the sports bar toilets, I suppose the security will be letting in the away fans will they?

5 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

I did wonder why they leave the lights on. Is it something to do with the edges of the steps being painted in black which I have already noticed is starting to wear off in some places and why was it done in black in the first place, it has got to be a health and safety issue. Should have been done in white or yellow and then we can see the steps more clearly. 

I just found the club are being very negative with their replies especially about the memorial garden, I thought they were setting area aside for this but obviously it was bullshit from the start. As for using the sports bar toilets, I suppose the security will be letting in the away fans will they?

Away fans can and do use the Sports Bar.

17 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Apart from the section about Terry Cooper..?

Ok fair enough , didn't see it. Don't agree with egg chasing side of things tbh . They've been playing there 5 minutes . The need to build a hitory for themselves at the ground first. As for LC , yes achieved record appearances but imo doesn't compare to what TC did for the club considering the state the club was in . Just name one of the concourse bars after him as has been done with the wedlocks . 

I notice lots of people tagging @Mkelly on this thread and others. He's barely been active on here this season; just once or twice to tell you who the club is banning and that there can be no seats in the concourses. 

I also notice loads of unanswered questions in the QnA although Adam occasionally answers.

I understand Mark has a new role, if that means he can no longer find the time to post on here - I feel there should be a replacement person on here from the club. The QnA section worked really well and was used as intended. Shame to see it die off.

Again, the ambiguity with the SLO doesn't help here. Amazed that situation wasn't clarified last night.

6 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

Should have been done in white or yellow and then we can see the steps more clearly. 

Good shout.  That would be a cheaper option than installing lights.  Paints the buggers white and turn off the lights.

(Can't be that angry anymore after the Stoke game tonight!!!) 

Hi @Phileas Fogg 

I'm still here!  

All of the points raised in this section were discussed in length last night over a two and a half hour period and on many previous occasions . The answers that marie posted were not verbataim as each question was debated.   If I need to do a general q&a again where more people will turn up I'm happy to do this but sadly this doesn't change the answers of which a few are simply out of our control.

We are averaging 19000 fans a game at the moment and I'm fairly certain most have a great experience.

I can assure you that there is no hidden agenda, it's our objective to make every fans experience a positive one and for every negative in this thread, I'm sure there are 5 positives that are now just accepted as business as usual.

If anybody would like a face to face meeting with me to discuss productive ideas or feedback I can do this, just send me an email and I will arrange. I'm available every match day between 11:00am and 13:30 

mark.kelly@ashtongate.co.uk 

Archived