IGNORED

FAN meeting - TONIGHT (Merged)

Dollymarie

10 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Hi @Phileas Fogg 

I'm still here!  

All of the points raised in this section were discussed in length last night over a two and a half hour period and on many previous occasions . The answers that marie posted were not verbataim as each question was debated.   If I need to do a general q&a again where more people will turn up I'm happy to do this but sadly this doesn't change the answers of which a few are simply out of our control.

We are averaging 19000 fans a game at the moment and I'm fairly certain most have a great experience.

I can assure you that there is no hidden agenda, it's our objective to make every fans experience a positive one and for every negative in this thread, I'm sure there are 5 positives that are now just accepted as business as usual.

If anybody would like a face to face meeting with me to discuss productive ideas or feedback I can do this, just send me an email and I will arrange. I'm available every match day between 11:00am and 13:30 

mark.kelly@ashtongate.co.uk 

Thanks Mark. From that write up the answers do appear very dismissive and that's disappointing but it's good you're still approachable.

It may not fall under your jurisdiction, but any reason why the question about the SLO (which was high on the agenda) seems to have been ignored? It's something lots of people want clarity on.

It wasn't ignored.  Mark Ashton was due to give an update on this, however, he had to cancel his attendance last minute.

This is why threads like this are not helpful. lots of points and facts were missed out, exaggatrated or taken out of context.   

I urge anybody who has contributed to this and other threads with dissapointment to attend the next meeting, join FAN, or, as said before, come meet me to discuss.

There will be an update on the SLO very soon 

Firstly...may I apologise for thinking the damn annoying lights were only on the Lansdown Stand. Oh no....the bloody things have bred, and also appear on the Dolman as well. I wouldn't know, as I sit in the Dolman, you can't see them, so they offer no use to those actually sitting in the stand. The only thing they appear to do, is resemble a very good impression of a lorry with it's full beams on, blasting you in the eyes....lasering your pupils into submission.

I thought I'd sit in the Lansdown last night, to get a better view as it was a night game. What a mistake. I looked around me....nearly everyone is squinting whilst watching, without knowing it. Everyone's face screwed up....it resembled a bowl of walnuts at times....or maybe too many years on the natch for a few ;-)

Really struggled to work out who was who on the pitch at times. My eyesight is good before anyone asks.

This 'safety' certificate needs to be challenged imo, especially as other clubs turn their lights off.

We're gonna be a fan base full of cataracts soon :laugh:....sort it out City.

Oh....and before anyone complains about the Dolman PA....try the Lansdown when he's reading out birthdays and such. I thought freakin aliens were invading at one point :facepalm:

Kindest Regards

Stevie Wonder

DSC_0360.JPG

I continue to be annoyed that the lights have to be left on during evening kick-offs, and feel that it is really affecting the atmosphere.  There used to be a real buzz when the lights went off, and it really is not the same with them on.  Imagine going to the cinema or a gig and them leaving the house lights on.  I can't believe that there is nothing that can be done about it.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I continue to be annoyed that the lights have to be left on during evening kick-offs, and feel that it is really affecting the atmosphere.  There used to be a real buzz when the lights went off, and it really is not the same with them on.  Imagine going to the cinema or a gig and them leaving the house lights on.  I can't believe that there is nothing that can be done about it.

The reasons given are wishy washy at best. If it’s not the sinister SAG group’s ruling I wonder what it could be..

The cynic in me wonders if there’s some sort of commercial benefit for leaving them on.. such as letting fans subconsciously know that the bars and food areas are still available whilst the match is going on..

46 minutes ago, phantom said:

One thing I never understand is why it always takes so long for the minutes to be published from these meetings?

Cos Mike does them in his spare time and his computer was dead until late last week. There isn't much more than the pics I posted to be honest. 

5 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Cos Mike does them in his spare time and his computer was dead until late last week. There isn't much more than the pics I posted to be honest. 

Feels a bit wrong that it’s left to fans to complete the minutes in their own time. Feel the club should be taking and publishing minutes within 24 hours of the meeting personally.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Surely those points were all challenged and then discussed further? 

(Promise I'm not shooting the messenger @Dollymarie, I am grateful for a reply)

As for taking so long to type up, they are never much more than a page or three, how slow does he type?

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Feels a bit wrong that it’s left to fans to complete the minutes in their own time. Feel the club should be taking and publishing minutes within 24 hours of the meeting personally.

But the point is it's meant to be fans led so that no one can accuse the club of leaving things out of the minutes if they didn't want them in there. 

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Surely those points were all challenged and then discussed further? 

(Promise I'm not shooting the messenger @Dollymarie, I am grateful for a reply)

As for taking so long to type up, they are never much more than a page or three, how slow does he type?

We put the questions to the club based on comments raised here, and those were the responses from the club.

I know you're not shooting the messenger, :) the next FAN is before a home game on a Saturday in the hope that more people will come along and engage in the discussion. 

Archived