IGNORED

Set the pigs out for the return match / Cheats / Fracas on touchline (Merged)

BS3_RED

Can't believe more has not been made of Wolves blatant cheating last night with the drop ball near the end of the game.

Ball goes in the box and is cleared with one of their players going down. We pick the ball up outside the box and just as we are putting it in the ref blows for the alleged head injury. Fair enough though bloody annoying.

Then on the restart no city player heads over for the drop ball and when the ref drops the ball, rather than pump the ball to Frankie like everyone expected, the cheating shits keep the ball and try and break on us.

I was absolutely livid at the time and I apologies  to those around me for my language apart from the wolves fan above us who I vented my fury at.

I remember Forest cheating a few years back with a throw in that cost us the game. So that's two clubs with delusions of grandeur that cheat when it suits them.

This is the incident Radio Bristol said Jamie Mc was furious about and had to be held back on the touch line and then LJ was spoken too about. Jamie Mc did the interview after and had calmed down a lot obviously but referred to Wolves as being 'unsporting'. But yes when teams do things like this no wonder fans, players etc get upset. 

4 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Yup. And there was another drop ball where they kicked it out for a throw in instead of kicking to Frankie? Or was that the same one?

Also, a special mention to their fans who have to be the biggest set of divas. Literally, going mad calling for every small descion. Nobs.

I forgot about that one. So yeah, twice 

It's beyond me why, with the money & pressure at stake nowadays, referees are not given the discretion to avoid the token drop ball and just restart with the appropriate keeper. 

They bring added controversy on themselves by allowing this to happen, although it still shouldn't be in any teams plans. 

This is why the shaking of hands with the opposition before the game is a complete farce, as soon as the match commences players try to get the opposing players booked by cheating, i.e. diving and feigning injury and taking advantage of instances as you mentioned, to me it's a joke

The Wolves player who went down injured never even left the pitch before the retstart.

Piss poor refereeing and cheating by Wolves i am sure the same thing happened there last season.

Happy with the point mind, thought Wolves were the best team we have played this season.

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

Anybody else think occasionally players go down holding their head when contact has been minimal ?

Good way to relieve pressure as the ref really has no choice !

I'm sure I've seen players go down holding their heads, the ref stops the game and when the trainer comes on he treats their ankle! 

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

Anybody else think occasionally players go down holding their head when contact has been minimal ?

Good way to relieve pressure as the ref really has no choice !

This was exactly the case, they were under pressure, feigned injury and then kept possession from the dropped ball. If we get a dropped ball against them at the 'Gate perhaps do the same!

7 minutes ago, fanjita said:

This is why the shaking of hands with the opposition before the game is a complete farce, as soon as the match commences players try to get the opposing players booked by cheating, i.e. diving and feigning injury and taking advantage of instances as you mentioned, to me it's a joke

Always hated this. Used to love both teams running out the tunnel to boos and cheers. None of this polite walking. You can see the players just want to run out fired up and get on with it, better for atmosphere too. Really miss this.

13 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Yup. And there was another drop ball where they kicked it out for a throw in instead of kicking to Frankie? Or was that the same one?

Also, a special mention to their fans who have to be the biggest set of divas ever. Literally, going mad calling for every small descion. Nobs.

Sorry but calling them divas for pressuring the referee is a bit daft .

They were playing the thirteenth man and normally that means that they'll get more decisions for them than against.

I congratulate them for that and would love to see us being a bit more partisan and hostile at Ashton Gate. 

I did chuckle to myself when I remembered that a poster on OTIB said the ref could take a bus from his home to the ground.

I don't think he endeared himself to the locals and may have to keep a low profile for a week or two .

13 minutes ago, fanjita said:

That comes from FIFA I think. The idea is to promote harmony between countries......................:rofl2br:

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Sorry but calling them divas for pressuring the referee is a bit daft .

They were playing the thirteenth man and normally that means that they'll get more decisions for them than against.

I congratulate them for that and would love to see us being a bit more partisan and hostile at Ashton Gate. 

I did chuckle to myself when I remembered that a poster on OTIB said the ref could take a bus from his home to the ground.

I don't think he endeared himself to the locals and may have to keep a low profile for a week or two .

I wouldn't. It's embarrassing. Yes, contest the marginal descions, but they were literally going nuts everytime one of our players so much as touched theres. I wouldn't be surprised if this actually had the opposite effect on the ref! 

36 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Can't believe more has not been made of Wolves blatant cheating last night with the drop ball near the end of the game.

Ball goes in the box and is cleared with one of their players going down. We pick the ball up outside the box and just as we are putting it in the ref blows for the alleged head injury. Fair enough though bloody annoying.

Then on the restart no city player heads over for the drop ball and when the ref drops the ball, rather than pump the ball to Frankie like everyone expected, the cheating shits keep the ball and try and break on us.

I was absolutely livid at the time and I apologies  to those around me for my language apart from the wolves fan above us who I vented my fury at.

I remember Forest cheating a few years back with a throw in that cost us the game. So that's two clubs with delusions of grandeur that cheat when it suits them.

I remember the forest incident. Chris Gunter was involved I believe and we went on to lose either 2-1 or 3-2.

41 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

There's no way their player had an actual 'head injury' either. In fact when he got up he limped away! 

It was poor sportsmanship allround from them.

They did similar when we lost 2-1 up there a couple of seasons back. We were on the break, had just reached the centre circle when the ref blew up because one of their players was down. Rather than kick back to us they put it out for a throw in on the edge of our box, pushed up won, a free kick from the throw and scored from the cross... 90th min if I remember correctly. 

47 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There's nothing in the laws that say that a drop ball has to be given back to the opposition so technically Wolves weren't cheating but they weren't following the unwritten rule of returning the ball which It what pissed of the City dugout.

If the ball isn't going to be 'passed' back to the opposition the drop ball has to be contested, it's down to the Ref to make sure this is done. 

On another game , I remember being at Highbury for a Blackburn game . Arse kicked the ball out for an injury. They threw the ball back to Arsenal FB , but immediately chased him down. They scored from it and got a draw, place went into melt down. Unwritten rules and all that.

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

If the ball isn't going to be 'passed' back to the opposition the drop ball has to be contested, it's down to the Ref to make sure this is done. 

Exactly. 

And if, for example, the Wolves player indicates to the referee that he will give the ball back to us in order to gain and uncontested drop ball, and then doesn't give it back, then that is unsporting behaviour and presumably, a booking. 

Can't read this rubbish. Wolves were clearly frustrated that the referee was incompetent. If you want to make a point then don't be bias. Debatable penalty which none of the Bristol city players even appealed for and the incident prior to the ' cheating ' was our defender getting layed out in the box. It was a blatant a penalty as I have seen. How a red can spot a handball from 40 yards away but can't see your defender wipe out Danny Bath. It was good to see Bristol city came to play and I have a lot of respect for teams that do that and your probably the best team we have played this season but if wolves had won the game 6-2 noone would bat an eyelid. I think wolves dominated and played some brilliant football. Fair play for stealing a point you barely deserved. See you in the return 

well i couldn't be more proud of city for that terrific performance last night. gutsy, pacey, skill full, but above all a real team effort full of cohesion and spirit.

please keep it going boys

we always believe and now there is hard evidence.

don't worry about wolves cheating antics, we've go them at home and we can always set our mascots on you!!!

Archived