IGNORED

Set the pigs out for the return match / Cheats / Fracas on touchline (Merged)

BS3_RED

43 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Exactly. 

And if, for example, the Wolves player indicates to the referee that he will give the ball back to us in order to gain and uncontested drop ball, and then doesn't give it back, then that is unsporting behaviour and presumably, a booking. 

Interesting - was going to post about why refs don't do this. So does this mean that if the Wolves guy didn't signal he was returning the ball then we were actually a bit naive (unwritten rules etc)?

24 minutes ago, Wolvesaywe said:

Can't read this rubbish. Wolves were clearly frustrated that the referee was incompetent. If you want to make a point then don't be bias. Debatable penalty which none of the Bristol city players even appealed for and the incident prior to the ' cheating ' was our defender getting layed out in the box. It was a blatant a penalty as I have seen. How a red can spot a handball from 40 yards away but can't see your defender wipe out Danny Bath. It was good to see Bristol city came to play and I have a lot of respect for teams that do that and your probably the best team we have played this season but if wolves had won the game 6-2 noone would bat an eyelid. I think wolves dominated and played some brilliant football. Fair play for stealing a point you barely deserved. See you in the return 

Think 3-3 would indicate that neither team stole a point eh? Don't shit yourself either about bias, you've totally ignored what this thread was about.

17 minutes ago, Wolvesaywe said:

How can the one thing being touted around about wolves be cheating tactics?? Surely you can appreciate wolves played Bristol off the park last night and you stole a point. Fair play for that but would be nice to recognise good football and give credit where it's due.

We do recognise good football there are quite few threads today saying how well City played. But fair play to Wolves for scrambling a late point after going behind

• Admin
26 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

don't worry about wolves cheating antics, we've go them at home and we can always set our mascots on you!!!

That is more to do with being a bit "savvy" in this league, when we first came back up we were often out "footballed" by more experienced campaigners but we are certainly nearly up there with them now

Part of the problem with Wolves is the high number of "foreign" players, sadly it is in their blood to over-react to something simple, but that's football sadly

PS The mascots were nothing to do with Bristol City

16 minutes ago, Wolvesaywe said:

How can the one thing being touted around about wolves be cheating tactics?? Surely you can appreciate wolves played Bristol off the park last night and you stole a point. Fair play for that but would be nice to recognise good football and give credit where it's due.

Wouldn't say Wolves played us "off the park", possession only 54% which hardly indicates that as a fact

28 minutes ago, Wolvesaywe said:

Can't read this rubbish. Wolves were clearly frustrated that the referee was incompetent. If you want to make a point then don't be bias. Debatable penalty which none of the Bristol city players even appealed for and the incident prior to the ' cheating ' was our defender getting layed out in the box. It was a blatant a penalty as I have seen. How a red can spot a handball from 40 yards away but can't see your defender wipe out Danny Bath. It was good to see Bristol city came to play and I have a lot of respect for teams that do that and your probably the best team we have played this season but if wolves had won the game 6-2 noone would bat an eyelid. I think wolves dominated and played some brilliant football. Fair play for stealing a point you barely deserved. See you in the return 

I agree- I wouldn't have complained if you had won 6-3. You are probably the best team that i have seen at this level since we came back up, some of the counter attacking football you play is breathless and frankly if that performance is anything to go by you will definitely get promoted....

But get your head out your arse- It was never a penalty. Wright won the ball. I've just shown it to everyone in my office here in Manchester and not a single one of them thinks it was a penalty. In fact twitter is littered with Wolves fans saying it wasn't a penalty.

As for ours. Debatable? Yes your player was close to the ball when it was hit but he moves his arm out to meet it!

So don't blame the fact that you didn't win on anything other than your failure to take more chances and that we took ours.

20 minutes ago, Wolvesaywe said:

I'm sure you can see the irony in the two points I've highlighted.

Nice to see Wolves fans staying humble as ever.

Check the shots on goal. I'm not really a stats person but I watched it and we created so many chances hit the bar, balls across goal. Like I say fair play to you but if any Bristol city fan reckons wolves didn't deserve 3 points they are deluded. You scored a massive lucky deflection and a dodgy penalty

6 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

I'm sure you can see the irony in the two points I've highlighted.

Nice to see Wolves fans staying humble as ever.

I love it when these sorts come on OTIB. Always makes for some good entertainment.

5 minutes ago, Wolvesaywe said:

Check the shots on goal. I'm not really a stats person but I watched it and we created so many chances hit the bar, balls across goal. Like I say fair play to you but if any Bristol city fan reckons wolves didn't deserve 3 points they are deluded. You scored a massive lucky deflection and a dodgy penalty

I'm not entirely sure how having strikers who couldn't hit a cow's ass with a banjo means that you deserved to win, but hey you keep believing that.

48 minutes ago, Wolvesaywe said:

What do you think of the unsporting behaviour of your team at the end?

41 minutes ago, Wolvesaywe said:

We were 3-2 up with 5 mins to go. Who stole the point? :shutup:

24 minutes ago, Wolvesaywe said:

Hahaha. You are one deluded yam yam.

27 minutes ago, Wolvesaywe said:

"Check the shots on goal"

Wolves 6

City 4

"I'm not really a stats person"...............No shit Sherlock

http://www.skysports.com/football/wolves-vs-bristol-c/stats/374702

• Admin
31 minutes ago, Wolvesaywe said:

3 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

"Check the shots on goal"

Wolves 6

City 4

"I'm not really a stats person"...............No shit Sherlock

http://www.skysports.com/football/wolves-vs-bristol-c/stats/374702

Still looking for the dominant stats . . . 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's beyond me why, with the money & pressure at stake nowadays, referees are not given the discretion to avoid the token drop ball and just restart with the appropriate keeper. 

They bring added controversy on themselves by allowing this to happen, although it still shouldn't be in any teams plans. 

Should be a caution if you don't kick it back to where the ref says!!

10 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Well, if you get points for wayward shooting then they pissed all over us.....

tbf, there was a period for about 10 mins at the start of the 2nd half where they really put us under the cosh, but other than that, I thought they played nice stuff without really looking dominant. As opposed to say Brentford, where they were literally camped in our half for 60 mins of the game and constantly creating very good chances. I thought our midfield had more hold of the game than against Reading even. 

2 of their goals from corners, with the last one definitely being preventable. 

Think we'll turn em over at the Gate, like we have done the past couple of years. 

1 hour ago, Wolvesaywe said:

Yam yam yam yam,yam yam yam,yam ................

You sound bitter, after last season you should feel delighted after nicking a point at the death against one of the most attractive teams in this division. All this crying that 'we woz robbed' is getting a feature after we play, same with Reading and so it will be with others, dismiss BCFC at your peril, we are a to-gether outfit that will shock a few teams this season, you are not the first and won't be the last. All this blaming the ref, and we should have won 6-2, is typical of some clubs who actually believe you are better than you actually are, in the meantime I/we are loving busting a few ego's :yes:

How a red can spot a handball from 40 yards away

It was straight in front of the linesman . Ref gave it straight away which is normally a sign of a blatant pen , so I think they where both on the same hymn sheet . Good team work . Best side we've played this season . Sad to see some of your teams antics but what do I expect when your manager and most of your players are foreign 

How a red can spot a handball from 40 yards away

3 minutes ago, shelts said:

It was straight in front of the linesman . Ref gave it straight away which is normally a sign of a blatant pen , so I think they where both on the same hymn sheet . Good team work . Best side we've played this season . Sad to see some of your teams antics but what do I expect when your manager and most of your players are foreign 

One of your defenders showing what you're supposed to do, the other showing how to give away a penalty. 

59b8fca21e1eb_ScreenShot2017-09-13at10_38_16.thumb.png.7a92bda1213744c6d41dd9df0a1a8d10.png

You need to read some of the posts from the match day thread .

Most of us gave credit to Wolves for their football and as the home team the emphasis was on you to break us down .

Our point was deserved because we went toe to toe with your guys and didn't lie down to let the mighty Wolves claim their ' rightful ' three points.

I doubt many teams will mark three goals against you at Moulineux so perhaps a little credit there ? 

I could add it was you who stole a point after we were in the lead ! 

Archived