IGNORED

Set the pigs out for the return match / Cheats / Fracas on touchline (Merged)

BS3_RED

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's beyond me why, with the money & pressure at stake nowadays, referees are not given the discretion to avoid the token drop ball and just restart with the appropriate keeper. 

They bring added controversy on themselves by allowing this to happen, although it still shouldn't be in any teams plans. 

Because referees have to adhere to the laws of the game, end of.

A dropped ball is just that, the referee has no power whatsoever to tell players what they can and cannot do when the ball is dropped.

8 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

A dropped ball is just that, the referee has no power whatsoever to tell players what they can and cannot do when the ball is dropped.

I know that. I mean a change in the laws to allow this. 

Interestingly, I remember one occasion, a home match, shooting towards the East End, Jacki took a drop ball and proceeded to kick it into an unguarded net. 

The Ref called him over, gave him a talking too and repeated the drop ball, making him kick it back to them. Common sense and avoids the farce of letting them have a free equaliser, but completely against the rules! 

11 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

To be fair I think he's making the case for a change in the rules.

I must say, how thoroughly pleasurable, and joyous, it is this morning to come on here and be treated to a crying wolf, whinging about Bristol City and our fans, not seeing his team for the superiors they clearly are, and the point we undeservedly stole from them last night. Let's have more of this.

1 hour ago, steveybadger said:

Interesting - was going to post about why refs don't do this. So does this mean that if the Wolves guy didn't signal he was returning the ball then we were actually a bit naive (unwritten rules etc)?

I guess so. It's hard to know without knowing exactly what was said. It's probably a bit naive on my part expecting the rules to be enforced properly either way.

2 hours ago, Wolvesaywe said:

Can't read this rubbish. Wolves were clearly frustrated that the referee was incompetent. If you want to make a point then don't be bias. Debatable penalty which none of the Bristol city players even appealed for ... 

Sorry to cast doubt on yet another part of your argument,  but have a look at the highlights and tell us why Bobby Reid (our no 14) threw both his arms in the air following the handball.   If that wasn't an appeal, what was it? Were his armpits getting a bit sticky? 

Can't read this rubbish. Wolves were clearly frustrated that the referee was incompetent. If you want to make a point then don't be bias. Debatable penalty which none of the Bristol city players even appealed for and the incident prior to the ' cheating ' was our defender getting layed out in the box. It was a blatant a penalty as I have seen. How a red can spot a handball from 40 yards away but can't see your defender wipe out Danny Bath. It was good to see Bristol city came to play and I have a lot of respect for teams that do that and your probably the best team we have played this season but if wolves had won the game 6-2 noone would bat an eyelid. I think wolves dominated and played some brilliant football. Fair play for stealing a point you barely deserved. See you in the return 

Hi. 

Thought you were pretty good last night. Should be good enough for top 6, but then given the amount of money you've spent, you should be winning the league with Stevie Wonder in charge!

just for clarity, when you talk about our defender wiping out Danny Bath, is that the one where Batth stayed down afterwards for a while in the right hand corner of our box? The one where Bailey Wright very clearly got to the ball, headed it clear and got ******* clattered for his trouble? The one which should've been a yellow card to Batth, but he cleverly avoided it by staying down?

To this point I still cannot believe that yeh Wolves fans have the nerve to whinge about it. Clear foul on our defender. 

Just found this on the BBC site. The incident doesn't appear on the Highlights :

On failure to give Danny Batth a penalty:

"It was clear. I don't want to judge the work of the referee - I know it's a tough job - but Bristol started very aggressively and there should be a little bit more protection to our players. I don't understand why it was not a penalty."

Bristol City assistant head coach Jamie McAllister:

"I felt aggrieved when Bailey [Wright] went up to win a header and they're all shouting for a penalty.

"You can see on the video that Bailey won the header, we were concerned about our player who was down injured and they're looking for a penalty which was poor.

"Then at the end, we get the ball, their player's down and they don't give it us back which I think is shocking, bad sportsmanship.

"Was I pushed? Yes, I kept calm and pushed his arm away. He was in my face, there was no punch, it never happened. The ref just came over to calm things down."

Check the shots on goal. I'm not really a stats person but I watched it and we created so many chances hit the bar, balls across goal. Like I say fair play to you but if any Bristol city fan reckons wolves didn't deserve 3 points they are deluded. You scored a massive lucky deflection and a dodgy penalty

Football used to be mans game, last night your once proud club were like a load of flouncing prima donnas, who bitched about every single decision all night. The price you pay for a predominantly foreign squad with a foreign manager.

In fact at half time Hugh Mclmoyle was introduced to the crowd, a man who played for both clubs in his time, apart from the huge wages these ballerinas earn now I suspect that he was pissing himself at the the theatrics of your team.

We have a tradition on this forum where honest supporters of our rivals will in general be treated with respect, but you have to talk sense and you are not, your team ignored the unwritten laws of fair play and your argument about playing us off of the park is just bullshit.

You had 7.2% more possession, big ******* deal you were the home team who have spent millions.

You did have 9 more shots in total than us, but strangely only 2 more on target.

You had one more corner than us.

You committed more fouls than us, so well done for that.

But the most damning stat is that you had 7 clear cut chances and only managed to put 3 of them away, so perhaps your bitching should be aimed at your misfiring strikers.

It is a strange phenomena that fans of teams with a 'glorious history' albeit many years ago have an incredible sense of entitlement.

Good luck for the rest of the season, perhaps the penny will drop when several more teams fans point out the less attractive side of Wolves game plans.

5 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

I have always felt that as a club, we are more of a threat to opposing teams when we are playing aggressive style football. Gets rid of all the prime donnas on the pitch, as they hate it. No time on the ball etc.

It also gets the AG crowd behind the team. Love it!

I think we cheer a good old fashioned crunching tackle as much as we do a goal.

3 hours ago, Wolvesaywe said:

Can't read this rubbish. Wolves were clearly frustrated that the referee was incompetent. If you want to make a point then don't be bias. Debatable penalty which none of the Bristol city players even appealed for and the incident prior to the ' cheating ' was our defender getting layed out in the box. It was a blatant a penalty as I have seen. How a red can spot a handball from 40 yards away but can't see your defender wipe out Danny Bath. It was good to see Bristol city came to play and I have a lot of respect for teams that do that and your probably the best team we have played this season but if wolves had won the game 6-2 noone would bat an eyelid. I think wolves dominated and played some brilliant football. Fair play for stealing a point you barely deserved. See you in the return 

:laugh: I've watched the Bailey Wright challenge about 20 times now and it is a fantastic header. To call for a penalty is embarrassing enough but there are actually Wolves fans claiming it should have been a red card. Batths attempt to win the ball was p1ss poor, didn't get off the ground at all and got clattered because of it.  If that was 1 of your defenders you'd be saying what a great challenge it was.  

29 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

I have always felt that as a club, we are more of a threat to opposing teams when we are playing aggressive style football. Gets rid of all the prime donnas on the pitch, as they hate it. No time on the ball etc.

It also gets the AG crowd behind the team. Love it!

Couldn't agree more. Love a meaty tackle in midfield, proper football that.

51 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Looks like Jamie did a Joe Jordan and didn't react to provocation while giving a more than good account of himself.

Must be great for the players to have someone like him, who can obviously handle himself, sticking up for them during the match. (I love LJ by the way - sort of)

.. and from what I've heard a genuinely nice chap, who isn't one to flaunt his 'football' status. Bravo Jamie.

Was nervous and critical of appointing him to first team level, mindful of the youthful nature of the management team. Seems to have settled well, contributing much added value. Nice to be proven wrong on this (rare) occasion. 

2 hours ago, shelts said:

It was straight in front of the linesman . Ref gave it straight away which is normally a sign of a blatant pen , so I think they where both on the same hymn sheet . Good team work . Best side we've played this season . Sad to see some of your teams antics but what do I expect when your manager and most of your players are foreign 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

That is more to do with being a bit "savvy" in this league, when we first came back up we were often out "footballed" by more experienced campaigners but we are certainly nearly up there with them now

Part of the problem with Wolves is the high number of "foreign" players, sadly it is in their blood to over-react to something simple, but that's football sadly

PS The mascots were nothing to do with Bristol City

Wouldn't say Wolves played us "off the park", possession only 54% which hardly indicates that as a fact

51 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Football used to be mans game, last night your once proud club were like a load of flouncing prima donnas, who bitched about every single decision all night. The price you pay for a predominantly foreign squad with a foreign manager.

In fact at half time Hugh Mclmoyle was introduced to the crowd, a man who played for both clubs in his time, apart from the huge wages these ballerinas earn now I suspect that he was pissing himself at the the theatrics of your team.

We have a tradition on this forum where honest supporters of our rivals will in general be treated with respect, but you have to talk sense and you are not, your team ignored the unwritten laws of fair play and your argument about playing us off of the park is just bullshit.

You had 7.2% more possession, big ******* deal you were the home team who have spent millions.

You did have 9 more shots in total than us, but strangely only 2 more on target.

You had one more corner than us.

You committed more fouls than us, so well done for that.

But the most damning stat is that you had 7 clear cut chances and only managed to put 3 of them away, so perhaps your bitching should be aimed at your misfiring strikers.

It is a strange phenomena that fans of teams with a 'glorious history' albeit many years ago have an incredible sense of entitlement.

Good luck for the rest of the season, perhaps the penny will drop when several more teams fans point out the less attractive side of Wolves game plans.

What ever antics were being used by Wolves last night, they had nothing to do with the players' nationality or blood. Many players these days roll around for no need, try and con the officials and generally don't act within the spirit of the game as we'd all like. To say it is only foreign players who do it is factually inaccurate and racist (by saying someone dives/cheats simply because of their race is to single them out for their race). I'm sure I need not remind anyone that John Terry is as big a cheat as we'll see at the Gate this year and he was England captain. 

We've got a nice long thread laughing at the Gappers for a whole series of calamities, several of which relate to their fans alleged racism - let's not drop to their level. 

Due to my own ignorance I don't know if the Wolves players and manager have a fair bit of form for this sort of thing - if they do then by all means call out the individuals but don't accuse all foreigners of being cheats, as I don't think Pisano, Magnússon, Dhiedhou, Đurić, Eliasson or Engvall etc would appreciate it! 

6 minutes ago, BrightCiderLife said:

What ever antics were being used by Wolves last night, they had nothing to do with the players' nationality or blood. Many players these days roll around for no need, try and con the officials and generally don't act within the spirit of the game as we'd all like. To say it is only foreign players who do it is factually inaccurate and racist (by saying someone dives/cheats simply because of their race is to single them out for their race). I'm sure I need not remind anyone that John Terry is as big a cheat as we'll see at the Gate this year and he was England captain. 

We've got a nice long thread laughing at the Gappers for a whole series of calamities, several of which relate to their fans alleged racism - let's not drop to their level. 

Due to my own ignorance I don't know if the Wolves players and manager have a fair bit of form for this sort of thing - if they do then by all means call out the individuals but don't accuse all foreigners of being cheats, as I don't think Pisano, Magnússon, Dhiedhou, Đurić, Eliasson or Engvall etc would appreciate it! 

So exactly why did Wolves a team managed by a foreigner and team of predominately foreign players act like they did last night and BCFC a team with a minority of foreign players last night did not?, what is the explanation?, they bitched about every single decision all night, I can remember thinking that some of the more overt signs of complaint should have resulted in bookings.

Wolves committed more fouls than we did and I also recall that twice in the final 5 minutes when were hanging on Reid was twice hacked down on the halfway line and guess what? he got straight back up instead of trying to waste time, apart from those final 5 minutes when Wolves sensed a possible victory did Wolves players not play act go down far too easily and constantly bitch to the referee.

Of course English players engage in cheating, Vardy is probably the worst but last night it was predominately the foreign players of Wolves indulging in this 'performance art'.

Think what you like, last night was not pretty and there is a reason why. 

1 hour ago, BrightCiderLife said:

Wow . Nice one . Saying I'm racist!!!

Archived