IGNORED

Set the pigs out for the return match / Cheats / Fracas on touchline (Merged)

BS3_RED

55 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

So exactly why did Wolves a team managed by a foreigner and team of predominately foreign players act like they did last night and BCFC a team with a minority of foreign players last night did not?, what is the explanation?, they bitched about every single decision all night, I can remember thinking that some of the more overt signs of complaint should have resulted in bookings.

Wolves committed more fouls than we did and I also recall that twice in the final 5 minutes when were hanging on Reid was twice hacked down on the halfway line and guess what? he got straight back up instead of trying to waste time, apart from those final 5 minutes when Wolves sensed a possible victory did Wolves players not play act go down far too easily and constantly bitch to the referee.

Of course English players engage in cheating, Vardy is probably the worst but last night it was predominately the foreign players of Wolves indulging in this 'performance art'.

Think what you like, last night was not pretty and there is a reason why. 

Are you serious? You're saying the only reason Wolves played that way is because fewer of their players are British. Of course, when Warnock's predominantly British Rotherham visited the Gate two years ago, and Redknapp's Birmingham last season, both games were of a feast samba football redolent of one of the legendary Brazilian or Dutch teams of yesteryear. Of course there's no way that English teams or players could possibly feign injuries, deceive the officials, steal yards at throw ins and free kicks, or not give the ball back when more sporting teams should.

In the modern game, people cheat, dive and moan and it has nothing to do with where they're born. Take the racist blinkers off.

8 hours ago, cidercity said:

And Jamie Mc was our player involved, always hated Gunter after that.

8 hours ago, cidercity said:

If I remember correctly Jamie was sent off as well for pulling him back at the same incident.

Funny enough.. we had this conversation with Jamie Mac last night before the game.

@cidercity Jamie Mac feels the same as you and said he let Gunter know after the win on Saturday. :clapping:

Does anyone know what the connection is between Lee Johnson and Nuno? Despite the incident they were all hugging at full time and Nuno refers to knowing Lee Johnson from a long time ago. Did they do coaching badges together?

In the meantime just a friendly reminder that Wolves are the football club outside our region that I hate and despise the most and have done for 20 years. Bunch of brain-dead degenerates. An assessment in no way improved by their sudden Portuguese makeover.

The moral of the story is contest drop balls. 

This division is competitive and certain clubs Wolverhampton being one think they are going to be up there. Why would he pump the ball back, we gave him the option to pass it out and attack us. How much do we want to win against clubs could be season defining.

5 hours ago, BrightCiderLife said:

Are you serious? You're saying the only reason Wolves played that way is because fewer of their players are British. Of course, when Warnock's predominantly British Rotherham visited the Gate two years ago, and Redknapp's Birmingham last season, both games were of a feast samba football redolent of one of the legendary Brazilian or Dutch teams of yesteryear. Of course there's no way that English teams or players could possibly feign injuries, deceive the officials, steal yards at throw ins and free kicks, or not give the ball back when more sporting teams should.

In the modern game, people cheat, dive and moan and it has nothing to do with where they're born. Take the racist blinkers off.

Racist my arse.

• Admin
36 minutes ago, St Aldhelms Red said:

If they brought in a rule that, any player with a head injury had to stay off for 5 minutes, you would get rid of the feigning of head injuries straight away.

You'd also as a consequence get players who really could do with the physio giving them a once over, playing on because they don't want to let the team down and get reduced to 10 men for 5 mins just because they were fouled.

On 13/09/2017 at 09:49, RedRaw said:

We were 2-3 up with 8 minutes to go you cockwomble

Nice mature response. It doesn't matter who scored the late equaliser. Wolves dominated the game and Bristol city did pinch a point. It's just a phrase for when the dominant team is held to a draw. 'cockwomble' new one to me. It must be a Welsh thing 

31 minutes ago, Wolvesaywe said:

Nice mature response. It doesn't matter who scored the late equaliser. Wolves dominated the game and Bristol city did pinch a point. It's just a phrase for when the dominant team is held to a draw. 'cockwomble' new one to me. It must be a Welsh thing 

However you want to look at it, I think any team that scores 3 goals away from home probably deserves something from the game.

Really enjoyed reading some of this thread...  its got the lot, fact, fiction, bias, agreement, argument, and a whole lot of humour (intentional or otherwise) nicely capped off with a handbag and a cockwomble to boot. Love it. :clapping:

*( PS .. great material for any am/dram theatre producer, scriptwriter to turn it into a very entertaining adult pantomime... :) ... I'd pay to see that even if it meant visiting the bloody Tobacco Factory.. )

On 13/09/2017 at 11:46, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Football used to be mans game, last night your once proud club were like a load of flouncing prima donnas, who bitched about every single decision all night. The price you pay for a predominantly foreign squad with a foreign manager.

In fact at half time Hugh Mclmoyle was introduced to the crowd, a man who played for both clubs in his time, apart from the huge wages these ballerinas earn now I suspect that he was pissing himself at the the theatrics of your team.

We have a tradition on this forum where honest supporters of our rivals will in general be treated with respect, but you have to talk sense and you are not, your team ignored the unwritten laws of fair play and your argument about playing us off of the park is just bullshit.

You had 7.2% more possession, big ******* deal you were the home team who have spent millions.

You did have 9 more shots in total than us, but strangely only 2 more on target.

You had one more corner than us.

You committed more fouls than us, so well done for that.

But the most damning stat is that you had 7 clear cut chances and only managed to put 3 of them away, so perhaps your bitching should be aimed at your misfiring strikers.

It is a strange phenomena that fans of teams with a 'glorious history' albeit many years ago have an incredible sense of entitlement.

Good luck for the rest of the season, perhaps the penny will drop when several more teams fans point out the less attractive side of Wolves game plans.

Like I said I'm not really a stats person. I was there and I watched it and form my opinion on what I witnessed. I gave credit to Bristol for coming to play. It made for an entertaining game for which for me was ruined by the ref. I don't even have many complaints about the penalty. I personally think it was to close to be a handball but have seen them given and understand that decision but the challenge in batth was a clattering. He may have one the header but he did so by leading with his arm and clattering him. I didn't call for a red but anywhere else on the pitch and it's a foul. I think wolves played the better football and created a lot of chances. You may be right about misfiring striker but that doesn't change the fact that wolves were the better team. You will obviously defend your team the way I will defend mine. We will see what happens at your place and speak again. 

1 hour ago, Wolvesaywe said:

Diolch cariad. Mochyn du!

1 hour ago, Wolvesaywe said:

Dear oh dear........Regardless of how the game played out , after 82 minutes, we were going home with 3 points, end of. Therefore, you equalising in the 85th minute deems that it is you that snatched a draw/pinched a point and no amount of emotional or creative explanation on your part is going to change that. As for being dominated, go to the Brentford v Bristol City match stats from earlier in the season if you want to see us pinch a point from a dominant team. 

The facts from Tuesday saw 54 v 46 Possession,  5 v 4 shots on target,  9 v 8 corners, saves 1 v 2 which does not suggest "dominated". The only area you excelled was in off-target chances 11 v 4 which in most sensible people's eyes makes you 'wasteful' not 'dominant'........fancy paying all that money for players that end up hitting row z most times :yawn:  

2 hours ago, Wolvesaywe said:

Like I said I'm not really a stats person. I was there and I watched it and form my opinion on what I witnessed. I gave credit to Bristol for coming to play. It made for an entertaining game for which for me was ruined by the ref. I don't even have many complaints about the penalty. I personally think it was to close to be a handball but have seen them given and understand that decision but the challenge in batth was a clattering. He may have one the header but he did so by leading with his arm and clattering him. I didn't call for a red but anywhere else on the pitch and it's a foul. I think wolves played the better football and created a lot of chances. You may be right about misfiring striker but that doesn't change the fact that wolves were the better team. You will obviously defend your team the way I will defend mine. We will see what happens at your place and speak again. 

Cease the nonsense on the Wright / Ba'ath challenge pal. From where I was, Wright was in position, ready to leap and clear the ball. Ba'ath was a few yards away and came steaming over and basically jumped into Wright at 100 mile an hour. It was a ridiculous and cynical challenge by Ba'ath and he ought to have been booked for it. 

The same player, Ba'ath, was the one who went down in his own box holding his head, which prevented us from swinging a cross in. Ref stopped play, Ba'ath duly gets up limping! Funny kinda head injury that gives you a limp, don't you think? 

Your player's decision to subsequently not pass the ball back to us, after we'd been in an attacking position, was simply shocking and poor sportsmanship of the highest order. Quite despicable really. 

Were you the better team? Yes, without a doubt. But that's football. No need for your players to conduct themselves in an unsportsmanlike manner and no need for your fans to bleat on about a challenge in which your player deserved a booking. 

4 hours ago, Wolvesaywe said:

Not welsh,deepest darkest Somerset,go there at your peril.

On 9/13/2017 at 16:14, Olé said:

Does anyone know what the connection is between Lee Johnson and Nuno? Despite the incident they were all hugging at full time and Nuno refers to knowing Lee Johnson from a long time ago. Did they do coaching badges together?

I also wondered this... was answered in the pre-Derby press conference (audio on the website). They did their UEFA A licence together in Scotland. Also said a coaching session he laid on during that course was identical to how Wolves played on Tuesday night.

22 hours ago, Wolvesaywe said:

Mate the foul was committed by Batth any other interpretation is just plain stupid.

I cannot see any post by anybody claiming anything other than Wolves were the better team, however once more your claim that Wolves dominated the game is not backed up by the evidence and again is just plain stupid.

And as for the piss poor sportsmanship regarding 2 drop balls, I cannot wait to see the indignation from the 'entitled' Wolves fans when it happens against you.

But hey there is defending your team and there is defending the indefensible, for what it's worth I believe as the season progresses Wolves will gain a reputation for this sort of  behaviour, just like our dear friends at Swindon under Mark Cooper did.

As I say maybe when even you spot this pattern the penny might drop, but I won't hold my breath.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

An assumption backed up by a research/study conducted by Dr Thomas Webb of Portsmouth university, but i'm sure he is a racist as well?.

His research was only looking into diving, and states that perceptions are that diving is on the increase in the premier league because of the increase in foreign players coming from leagues where diving is tolerated more than in this country. It does also not relate to the number of foreigners diving, just that the increase in foreign players has led to the increase in diving. the English players are doing it just as much now.

It does not say that people cheat because they are foreign.

3 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

His research was only looking into diving, and states that perceptions are that diving is on the increase in the premier league because of the increase in foreign players coming from leagues where diving is tolerated more than in this country. It does also not relate to the number of foreigners diving, just that the increase in foreign players has led to the increase in diving. the English players are doing it just as much now.

Nice spin.

24 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

So what else would you call the assumption that people are cheats because they're foreigners?

Come on, its not racist, xenophobic at worst. If he would have said "all black players are cheats" then you can call it racist.

The reality is, most Latin/South American countries are quite open about the fact that the darker arts are very much part of their game so naturally if a player from those leagues comes to the UK, he will probably carry on doing it (think Suarez). That could also be said about some players from European Leagues, notably Italian/Spanish leagues

5 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Come on, its not racist, xenophobic at worst. If he would have said "all black players are cheats" then you can call it racist.

The reality is, most Latin/South American countries are quite open about the fact that the darker arts are very much part of their game so naturally if a player from those leagues comes to the UK, he will probably carry on doing it (think Suarez). That could also be said about some players from European Leagues, notably Italian/Spanish leagues

Of course I have not actually been pointed to where I actually said what I am being accused of.

The full quote and context is this, perhaps the insert of IMO might have helped and the evidence was that they flounced around like prima donnas and bitched about every decision, they were managed by a foreign coach and their team/squad was predominantly foreign.

"Football used to be mans game, last night your once proud club were like a load of flouncing prima donnas, who bitched about every single decision all night. The price you pay for a predominantly foreign squad with a foreign manager".

Racism is what Diane Abbott suffered during the last election but sadly our mainly white middle class PC brigade like to see it where it doesn't exist.

23 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Lighten up and watch a La Liga game ffs.

2 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Weighing in late here, but I read a fascinating debate about this many years ago from a Portuguese perspective, which basically said that the style of football in Southern Europe and South America favoured ball playing skilful footballers moving at speed, whereas the style of football in Northern Europe favoured physical strong combative footballers trained to go in hard and disrupt. It argued that diving was not cheating but a response to the alternative style of football: if I'm going to try and play football and you're just going to kick me up in the air, then I'm going to try and deter you from doing that the only way I can.

I doubt that many will agree, but I do think it raises a point which gets conveniently avoided whenever this subject is raised. The word cheat is immediately used when diving is involved, but the word cheat is never used for limited footballers who go in hard without winning the ball. Foul, certainly. Dangerous, perhaps. Cheat - never. You are more likely to hear "that's a heavy tackle". Yet it's someone who is unable to compete on footballing terms so resorts to breaching the laws of the game to gain an advantage. Why is it any different? But we use language like "darker arts" only to refer to how others gain an advantage.

It's amazing double standards.

Personally I see a difference between those who feign contact when tackled running at speed (a universal trait - see: Gerrard - and for some people a defensible reaction based on the argument above) and those who feign contact to the face, or collapse at set pieces, or do anything else which has no precedent from any passage of play  (see: Sergio Busquets). The latter is most certainly cheating and despicable. The former - well, this is where cultures divide, and I think those who exploit it do so with the view that their opponents are no more honest or wholesome given their approach to curtailing more skilful footballers. 

Sincerely,

A 50% Cheat

41 minutes ago, Olé said:

Weighing in late here, but I read a fascinating debate about this many years ago from a Portuguese perspective, which basically said that the style of football in Southern Europe and South America favoured ball playing skilful footballers moving at speed, whereas the style of football in Northern Europe favoured physical strong combative footballers trained to go in hard and disrupt. It argued that diving was not cheating but a response to the alternative style of football: if I'm going to try and play football and you're just going to kick me up in the air, then I'm going to try and deter you from doing that the only way I can.

I doubt that many will agree, but I do think it raises a point which gets conveniently avoided whenever this subject is raised. The word cheat is immediately used when diving is involved, but the word cheat is never used for limited footballers who go in hard without winning the ball. Foul, certainly. Dangerous, perhaps. Cheat - never. You are more likely to hear "that's a heavy tackle". Yet it's someone who is unable to compete on footballing terms so resorts to breaching the laws of the game to gain an advantage. Why is it any different? But we use language like "darker arts" only to refer to how others gain an advantage.

It's amazing double standards.

Personally I see a difference between those who feign contact when tackled running at speed (a universal trait - see: Gerrard - and for some people a defensible reaction based on the argument above) and those who feign contact to the face, or collapse at set pieces, or do anything else which has no precedent from any passage of play  (see: Sergio Busquets). The latter is most certainly cheating and despicable. The former - well, this is where cultures divide, and I think those who exploit it do so with the view that their opponents are no more honest or wholesome given their approach to curtailing more skilful footballers. 

Sincerely,

A 50% Cheat

My problem is what they are inflicting on a 'fellow professional'.

I don't know what you do for a living but if a 'fellow professional' of yours accused you of wrongdoing that you clearly did not commit there would quite rightly be outcry.

The player who kicks an opponent up into the air these days inevitably gets punished for that indiscretion end of, the player who feigns contact and then exacerbates that by rolling around as if he has been shot is after one thing only the hope that the 'fellow professional' is booked or worse sent off, but somehow in some quarters that is considered a skill, me I think it shows total lack of self respect.

Archived