IGNORED

Days Out

richwwtk

31 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Any good ideas for family days out?

2 kids aged 8 & 11 and the Mother-in-Law to keep happy.

Anything is good though preference for outdoors, within an hour or so drive of Weston.

I think we've done most of the obvious stuff so looking for 'hidden gems' really.

Forest of Dean...Puzzle Wood and lots of scenery.

31 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Any good ideas for family days out?

2 kids aged 8 & 11 and the Mother-in-Law to keep happy.

Anything is good though preference for outdoors, within an hour or so drive of Weston.

I think we've done most of the obvious stuff so looking for 'hidden gems' really.

We've got Derby at home on Saturday: easily inside the 1 hour cut-off. Fun for all the family and in-laws.

Group West of England plus ... First Bus Day Ticket ... upto 5 people ... £20.

https://www.firstgroup.com/uploads/maps/West of England Map Combined.PDF 

Hop on hop off all day long, go anywhere on map, as far as Minehead, Yeovil etc... have fun exploring the region from the top of a Double-Decker  .. take a picnic hamper and have a great time trying to find that well known Otib missing gem ....

"Taxi for Johnson''  he's been missing for a couple of weeks now ever since I suggested a nice day out on the buses might do him good and help him to sort his head out.... Well reckon he's still out there somewhere, he may very well be going round in circles on a bus still... so not exactly a 'hidden gem' but could be an exciting bus based game of 'hide & seek/man hunt' for all the family eh?

Imagine the joy and excitement of bumping into and finding TFJ while on your travels... bring him back and I'm sure a warm welcome from the Otib community awaits you...

:) 

I always recommend Slimbridge. It's so peaceful and so much to see plus the kids love feeding the birds. I had a duck eat seed out of my hand! They sell bird seed there by the bag as you can't feed them bread etc.

Cattle Country (near Slimbridge) is a bit of a hidden gem too as is Diggerland (near Exeter).

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

I always recommend Slimbridge. It's so peaceful and so much to see plus the kids love feeding the birds. I had a duck eat seed out of my hand! They sell bird seed there by the bag as you can't feed them bread etc.

Cattle Country (near Slimbridge) is a bit of a hidden gem too as is Diggerland (near Exeter).

We already have a membership at Slimbridge and seem to end up there every time she visits. Trying to find something new.

6 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

******MUSICAL INTERLUDE******

Think this is a good time to have a little thread break...

a chance for Rich to ponder his options for a few moments....

OK everybody, time for a sing a long ...I think this one is appropriate following Pegs post .....altogether now....

Archived