IGNORED

Lee Peacock

Malago

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

From a player perspective. As for slagging us off . I have no knowledge of that. 

It was either him or Roberts co commentating on a Swindon v City game and the bias towards Swindon was ridiculous. 

Also as I understand it Lansdown got him out of trouble when he wrapped his car around a lamp post after drink driving. 

Also on twitter once he made a comment about us but removed it very quickly when he got some abuse hurled back at him.

I really liked him as a player - was young though so didn't know about the drink driving etc. 

I guess slating us in favour of Swindon has worked out for him now - but seems a of a stab in the back given how many games he played for us.

Just seen his Wikipedia picture - didn't realise he was auditioning for TOWIE! :blink:

I think a lot of people liked him, although when he was playing badly, Wilson stuck by him, and it really didn't help him. Think supporters then got a bit sick of him. 

Potentially though, at that time a fit and inform pair of Peacock and Matthews, should really have seen us challenging the top of the league. Peacock liked his drink, and Matthews liked the treatment table.

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I hope his daughter, Sky Cinderella Peacock, will be happy at the local school...

Gotta be the ultimate sell out taking Murdochs filthy money for your daughters name. Can imagine the local pantomime would have paid much for the other though.  He needs a better agent.

Good luck to Lee I always liked him. Not a great player but another trier . Had a flat next to the Black Cat in Bemmy if my memory serves me correct . 

Never forget the penalty at Cambridge on a Tuesday night in the tin pot cup he smashed out the ground...to be fair they'd knocked down the stand for redevelopment!!

As for working for Swindle.....he gotta live !!

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

It was either him or Roberts co commentating on a Swindon v City game and the bias towards Swindon was ridiculous. 

Also as I understand it Lansdown got him out of trouble when he wrapped his car around a lamp post after drink driving. 

Also on twitter once he made a comment about us but removed it very quickly when he got some abuse hurled back at him.

I defo heard a City - Swindon game that LP 'commentated' on. Unbelievably biased towards them, but there you go

Liked him as a player, and as others have said, a man has to eat

When I was 17 I worked in the newsagent (martins or mcalls) next to the Courts in town. One afternoon Lee Peacock pulls up in a black Porsche buys salt and vinegar french fries crisps and a bottle of coke. Then walked over to the court.. 10 minutes later followed by Danny Wilson... I always wondered what that day was about and never found out. Also funny I remeber what he bought but not the name.of my employer.

27 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I defo heard a City - Swindon game that LP 'commentated' on. Unbelievably biased towards them, but there you go

Liked him as a player, and as others have said, a man has to eat

Yes I heard the commentary on that game too. He was very much rooting for Swindon. I always liked him before then. It might have been that game when they won the World Cup with only a third of the season gone.

17 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Gave the club no respect with his off field antics so gets none back from me.  

peacock had a big drink problem but so did many of that squad.

he decided to kick his house mate out (another member of the squad)  after falling over pissed up and injuring his shoulder and cut out the drinking and concentrate on his football.  in my opinion I have a lot of respect for this as he could have carried on how he was like the rest of the squad

46 minutes ago, Offside said:

Yes I heard the commentary on that game too. He was very much rooting for Swindon. I always liked him before then. It might have been that game when they won the World Cup with only a third of the season gone.

I think you're right on which game it was. I don't remember another Swindon game that I listened to on the radio that has lived that long in my memory

Hearing them enjoying their L1 Championship title win was something else :ph34r:

2 hours ago, spudski said:

You've got to be a Merchant Venturer in this City....otherwise you'll get nothing passed or it made difficult.

with "The Merchants Quarter" being the original name for what was eventually called "Cabots Circus" and also of course the "Mr Colston" fuss it would seem even the Merchant Venturers have a bad name in this city these days......

5 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

peacock had a big drink problem but so did many of that squad.

he decided to kick his house mate out (another member of the squad)  after falling over pissed up and injuring his shoulder and cut out the drinking and concentrate on his football.  in my opinion I have a lot of respect for this as he could have carried on how he was like the rest of the squad

I posted on this very forum why he was really out injured as was in the resort when he did it.  Got contacted by the club about it as they didn't want it getting out!

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Is the Sally's Pussey Inn still there just outside WB. Haven't been there in years. Used to drive past it every week for work, always sniggered to myself, the childish bstd I am :laugh:

Rings a bell, don't know if it's still there, but my pub crawl nights were many years ago, got into some right scrapes, Royal WB now of course. 

i loved Lee for his enthusiasm ,  One particular interview he gave to Radio Sheffield was after the final match of the season when he was playing for the owls .   I refer to the game when he went in goal  in the 2 3 win ,    the interview was asking the questions , for which Lee was  slurring his answers in such a comical way I swear he must have had  Gallon or two of the wet stuff  the whole interview went on for around 10 mins and it was not even 5 30 after the 5 o,clock finsh    Absolute hilarious  ! I wish I had a tape to share and listen again ,

Archived