IGNORED

Classic Witty/Funny Player Nicknames

pafcprogs

PAFC Fan in peace here ( and just about recovered from the trauma of the League Cup debacle)

Whilst on holiday I amused myself by researching the clubs best nicknames for players...it struck me that most clubs have a Pshcho, Animal or Beast in their history, but quite a few also have a Dave ( for a complicated players usually foreign, name) and a Trigger...

there were also some great funny original ones...One Size Fitz hall, in Rugby there was John "Nobody" eales , because Nobody;s perfect and "Live Fast" Dai young!!

Any classic City ones spring to mind?

33 minutes ago, pafcprogs said:

PAFC Fan in peace here ( and just about recovered from the trauma of the League Cup debacle)

Whilst on holiday I amused myself by researching the clubs best nicknames for players...it struck me that most clubs have a Pshcho, Animal or Beast in their history, but quite a few also have a Dave ( for a complicated players usually foreign, name) and a Trigger...

there were also some great funny original ones...One Size Fitz hall, in Rugby there was John "Nobody" eales , because Nobody;s perfect and "Live Fast" Dai young!!

Any classic City ones spring to mind?

Much that is posted on here escapes my grasp -- this is a good example -Plymouth fan , holiday reasearch, City website.

I'm off to Wetherspoons for a lie down 

2 hours ago, poland_exile said:

used to love it when Wayne was called Tanglefoot - a great servant for us, but never a more apt name! Living in Poland, i frequently talk about Jacki to the natives who find it hilarious that that's how we refer to the wonderful Dariusz Dziekanowski. 

Wayne Allison  was known as ' The Chief ' 

20 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Korey Smith is called Smudge, no idea why, would love to know.

Scott Murrays brother Ian is called Molbs/Molbsy again no idea why.

Smudge is a usual nickname for anyone called Smith

As for Molby, I'd suggest that Scotty's brother may be carrying a little bit of timber?

Archived