IGNORED

City Foundation (Merged)

bs3

I've been a member for about 16 years (back when it was called City 2000). It's basically a subscription lottery. I won £500 about 12 years ago but haven't won anything since.

The benefits have changed over the years so off hand I can't quite remember what they are. I know the foundation have an annual quiz at the Gate and a few other events throughout the year but I've never attended any. I think the biggest appeal is that there are regular prize draws. 

I don't do the national lottery or anything like that and pay for the City Foundation subscription via DD so I don't really think about it.

• Admin

Myself and my wife joined on the launch night many years ago - personally I've won nothing, but my Mrs has picked up a few £50's over the years (ironically one came in the post last weekend)

You also get a £15 voucher to spend at the ground 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fanzone/community-draws/city-foundation/

CITY FOUNDATION

City fans can get their hands on some extra cash while supporting their local community by joining the City Foundation.

To become a member and be in with a chance of winning a share of over £45,000 throughout the 2017/18 campaign, sign up now for just £2.20 a week.

All money raised through City Foundation is donated directly to Bristol City Community Trust, enabling them to carry out their work using sport to educate, increase participation and develop young footballers for the future.

City Foundation is packed full of exclusive benefits for members:

• Exclusive membership card
• Automatic weekly entry into the City Foundation lottery scheme
• Automatic entry into all Jackpot Prize draws
• Invitations to attend exclusive City Foundation events throughout the year
• Signed memorabilia giveaways throughout the year
• Discounts on sporting activities provided by the Trust
• £15 Bristol Sport Store voucher (Season ticket holders only, must be claimed from Community Office)
• A complimentary Forever Bristol Membership for the 2017/18 season allowing priority tickets (Non-season ticket holders only, must be claimed by contacting the City Foundation)

Prizes available during 2017/18 season:

• Weekly prizes consisting of 5x £10, 1x £50, 1x £100 and 1x £200.
• Monthly Jackpot Cash Prize- £500 each month (twelve winners)
• Kick-off- £1,000 Prize Draw- August 2017 (one winner, two runner-up’s winning signed memorabilia)
• Half-time- £1,000, £750 and £500 Christmas Prize Draw- December 2017 (three winners)
• Full-time- £12,000 End of Season Jackpot Draw – April 2018 (one winner)

Purchase a one, three, six or twelve month membership by completing the online form, link below.

The City Foundation membership scheme provides the perfect opportunity for individuals to win cash and memorabilia prizes whilst supporting your club and benefiting the local community.

To join click on the button above or call Billy Bond on 0117 963 0636.

51 minutes ago, bs3 said:

The club phoned me today and tried signing me up for this City Foundation, is anyone on here a member of it and if so what are your opinions and benefits of becoming a member.

cheers

I've been a member for about 3 years, paying my £10 or whatever it is, only had one win on the lottery thing in that time but it's good to put some cash into this I think

I've been a member for many years, yet I recently had the marketing call. I was told that they should only be calling non-subscribers and they would check my membership and will call back. They didn't do that, of course.

I've checked my account and the DD still debits my account, but it made me wonder whether I'm entered into the draw (which may explain why I haven't won for 10 years)?

Anyone else had similar experience?

8 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

I've been a member for many years, yet I recently had the marketing call. I was told that they should only be calling non-subscribers and they would check my membership and will call back. They didn't do that, of course.

I've checked my account and the DD still debits my account, but it made me wonder whether I'm entered into the draw (which may explain why I haven't won for 10 years)?

Do you still get the mail? Quiz invites etc? 

I get the mail but as I said above, I hadn't heard anything about the free Forever Bristol membership. I'm beginning to wonder the same as you, they take the money but don't do much in the way of keeping people up to date.

19 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Do you still get the mail? Quiz invites etc? 

I get the mail but as I said above, I hadn't heard anything about the free Forever Bristol membership. I'm beginning to wonder the same as you, they take the money but don't do much in the way of keeping people up to date.

Nope, not heard a word from them in years. They still take my money though!

• Admin

I have also been in it for years, since the City Society days - I think I still have a City Society tie somewhere.  I also didn't know about the complementary forever membership or exclusive card.

After one of the reincarnations I did contact them to check my number was in the draw, they assured me it was, even though I had never won a penny.  I have since won a couple of £10 prizes, hardly life changing!!

Have been a member for 5 years , only two £20. Wins ,  winners not announced anywhere. ?   Also had to fight like mad to get the £15 clubshop voucher , popped into the commercial office  women couldn't give me the voucher , exchanged several emails  and phone calls.   Disappointed with the whole thing.  

Was a member for quite a few years but never won anything which surprised me as it's limited membership, stopped it because I thought the prize money allocations were poor (what can you get with £10 now) and as someone else stated it seemed to lose drive and I never knew what was going on with prizes / winners etc, would have possibly rejoined I they had sorted these things out though.  

4 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Was a member for many years, but stopped as did not like the way the draw was being done behind closed doors - so say picked by a computer!!

I had similar mis-givings as for months on end they didn't post any results or what numbers were pulled out, so I contacted them about it and requested it was more transparent and in fairness they did start posting the results more on the website, although I think more could be done I.e. Post results on the club site, Facebook, here etc etc I have won one so I can't moan too much!  However I pay in to donate not to win

• Admin
15 hours ago, Scrumpty said:

@Scrumpty exactly same scenario for me and my wife, we've both collected our £15 vouchers every year, so sadly just assume it's because we are not winning. Wife just got a £50 cheque in the post so she's definitely still in it

I joined at the start, but after monitoring the prize winners list for about a year it was apparent that people who worked for the club or who were associated with the club appeared to be far 'luckier' than others. As a consequence, I rang the club, expressed my concerns and cancelled my membership. As others have said, behind closed doors activity causes doubts and suspicion.

Archived