IGNORED

FC Koln @ Arsenal

Bazooka Joe

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Match delayed for an hour, police saying they were trying to rush the turnstiles.

Tarquin, Jemima and the rest of the Home Counties set will not be amused.

You'd understand a few hundred travelling ticketless.. but if those figures are right, 17,000?! 

Can't say I know much about Koln, are they a big club? First ever champions league game? 

Saw lots drinking on Westminster bridge earlier, not surprised it's got a bit interesting.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You'd understand a few hundred travelling ticketless.. but if those figures are right, 17,000?! 

Can't say I know much about Koln, are they a big club? First ever champions league game? 

Saw lots drinking on Westminster bridge earlier, not surprised it's got a bit interesting.

First time in Europe since 1993.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's Cologne.  though for some reason everyone now calls them by their new hipster name 

See also: Columbia / Colombia 

11 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Match delayed for an hour, police saying they were trying to rush the turnstiles.

Tarquin, Jemima and the rest of the Home Counties set will not be amused.

The Police have a major problem on their hands, there is nowhere for 15-17000 fans to watch the game.  Cannot see this ending well - can't exactly stick them on a train back to Central London can they - and they are going to want to watch the game....

3 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

The Police have a major problem on their hands, there is nowhere for 15-17000 fans to watch the game.  Cannot see this ending well - can't exactly stick them on a train back to Central London can they - and they are going to want to watch the game....

Could just let them in the ground as it's not a sell out.  Radical thinking maybe...

3 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Surely they must've been prepared for it.. you'd imagine a fan park or something could've been quickly set up with a few days notice.. a few German bars, some food and a big screen

18 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We were on a football tour in Cologne in 93 , tried to get tickets for their home game against Leverkusen. Good job we didn't because it's their local derby and there were running battles in the streets after the game. Police deal with it slightly different over there though :bruce_h4h:

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

17k without tickets....and some rushing the turnstiles?

Wonder if the Police and authorities will get the blame for this one :whistle:

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Cologne is the 4th biggest city in Germany so they're not exactly small fry.

Mob of 20k causing chaos and turning up at the ground, 17k without tickets. Got a lot of time for that. Fair play to them. 

I'm in Cologne in Nov, just checked and they're at home - might have to go and see for myself!

Would be interesting to see how UEFA would react, if the shoe were on the other foot. ie English fans up to this sort of nonsense.

5, 10 year ban for all English clubs?

33 minutes ago, Red Ferret said:

It's Cologne.  though for some reason everyone now calls them by their new hipster name 

See also: Columbia / Colombia 

The name of the city KÖLN  its only the British who insist on using the FRENCH name for a city thats in Germany. Its nothing to do with modern trends or being a hipster (i'm 64)

Archived