IGNORED

Lansdown Upper

Between heaven and hell

18 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Hi all

Are tickets available for the upper sectiion for Saturdays game?

Trying online but showing none available, is this because of the family section

Only family section is available, club don't release them unless the rest of the ground sells out

I'm planning on bringing  a couple of friends as part of the 'mates rates' deal, have put off buying tickets as was hoping they'd open upstairs, probably not the only one. Unfortunately they haven't, now struggling to find three seats together.

Do we think that the club may still open the Upper West Stand? They did last year for the 'mates rates' deal in either the Blackburn or Burton game.

27 minutes ago, zombie said:

I'm planning on bringing  a couple of friends as part of the 'mates rates' deal, have put off buying tickets as was hoping they'd open upstairs, probably not the only one. Unfortunately they haven't, now struggling to find three seats together.

Do we think that the club may still open the Upper West Stand? They did last year for the 'mates rates' deal in either the Blackburn or Burton game.

Why do people wait for the top tier to maybe be opened, when that's not where their season tickets are anyway?! What's the big deal..?

Pretty much every seat in the stadium has a good view & goof facilities now. So much better off getting tickets together early, in your usual area that waiting incase you might be able to go and sit with an area which will be full of day trippers with cheap tickets. 

43 minutes ago, zombie said:

Probably too late to make that announcement now (Friday morning).  I can't imagine that pay-on-the-day would be an option for mates' rates tickets due to the complexity of having the season ticket plus card holder with you.

Once again the overall ticket sales will be adversely affected by the uncertainty of whether the upper Lansdown will be open or not.  The club really need to get a handle on this.

14 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why do people wait for the top tier to maybe be opened, when that's not where their season tickets are anyway?! What's the big deal..?

Pretty much every seat in the stadium has a good view & goof facilities now. So much better off getting tickets together early, in your usual area that waiting incase you might be able to go and sit with an area which will be full of day trippers with cheap tickets. 

Personal choice I guess.  And the remaining tickets for 20k+ matches are not always seats with good views.  The lower rows of the upper Lansdown are some of the best seats in the stadium so I can certainly understand why some people will hold off in the hope that they are made available.  Crazy that those seats with great views remain empty now that the upper tier is actually open for families - the whole saving on stewarding/refreshment provision argument doesn't stack up this season.

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Surely if your a season ticket holder and want take advantage of such schemes like "mates rates", you are likely to also want to sit with your mates.

I would imagine in a lot of cases, as in mine, sitting in your "usual area" is not an option as the seats around you are already taken by other season ticket holders. The only option is to then transfer to a different part of the ground

24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Maybe people don't want to sit in the front and get soaked if it rains.

Why? Purely because of the view, for me the first few rows of the Upper central blocks are the best seats in the house, I have sat and had season tickets all over the ground pre and post development so my opinion is based on my experience. If/when I can purchase a season card up there I will. It's personal preference, it's the same as when I go to the cinema I like to sit in the middle, when I go to gigs/festivals I like to be front and central.

I agree the view, comfort, facilities  and experience has improved throughout the stadium, but the most expensive/premium seats are the most expensive for a reason, if these 'superior' view tickets are available at the same price as tickets with an 'inferior' view on this promotion I would like to experience them and show off our much improved stadium to friends.

Also I couldn't get 3 together in my regular block (W16) anyway. I do appreciate your point about day trippers/cheap tickets, but unfortunately my visitors fall in to that category.

This is what frustrates me about our Club. 

Why not open it? You've got the best seats in the house available, plenty of people who want to sit in groups of 3,4,5 yet no, make them suffer. Don't let then sit together. Don't let them have a decent view. Let them get wet if needs be. 

Any other business would think our 'stadium management policy' is fooking mad. 

So, the economic argument. We have to pay an extra dozen stewards. What £50 each? £600 cost. Say 300 people turn up @ £20 each £6000, with drinks/ food add another £3000. Likely of people returning and producing more revenue very high. 

Stupid, stupid Club. 

As a victim, and trying to entice new fans from Devon to our Club, it's pathetic. Only saving grace is we just look around the stadium 5 minutes into the match and find 3/4 empty seats together and occupy them. Quite like the padded seat area it must be said, but from the Clubs perspective clearly not what they want us to do. So to the suits, get your fooking act together and start thinking of the fans experience will you.

Many ways of managing it, card holders and friends only, only open up when 70% capacity of home areas is exceeded.... not difficult if you really wanted to be a supporter-friendly Club.

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Surely if your a season ticket holder and want take advantage of such schemes like "mates rates", you are likely to also want to sit with your mates.

I would imagine in a lot of cases, as in mine, sitting in your "usual area" is not an option as the seats around you are already taken by other season ticket holders. The only option is to then transfer to a different part of the ground

Fair enough, but there would have been plenty of areas in the ground where you could get seats together, with a great view, that were open..!

1 hour ago, Super said:

Maybe people don't want to sit in the front and get soaked if it rains.

They wouldn't have been the only choices for weeks after tickets went on sale. 

I bought 4 tickets for mates on Tuesday, great seats, 5 rows from the back of the Dolman, 2 blocks up from the South Stand. 

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They wouldn't have been the only choices for weeks after tickets went on sale. 

I bought 4 tickets for mates on Tuesday, great seats, 5 rows from the back of the Dolman, 2 blocks up from the South Stand. 

Hope they're not drunken ruffians.......that sounds close to where I sit :nono:

i think the club have it right, only opening the upper tier when needed. 

after visiting all the away grounds this season so far i always notice how many random empty seats they have, if most of the other areas sell out then yes open the upper tier, but having the ground looking and seeming fuller adds to the atmosphere as opposed to having lots of spare seats all over the ground. IMO

Archived