IGNORED

No pay on the day for DERBY county fans, 2,000 rams heading this way

Never to the dark side

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

A pilgrimage to the temple of football!

Oh. OK then, a long walk to the shrine of a small cult*.

*[Here's an opportunity for a joke from someone with limited imagination].

I would not lower myself but after 20 years of marriage the idea of a small cult is appealing.

Actually I have to lower myself to repeat a joke from many years ago :-

Doctor examining a vagina at close quarters

Doctor: "My god what a large vagina. My god what a large vagina"

Lady: "that maybe true Doctor but why did you say it twice?"

Doctor: "I didn't"

8 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Under 3k tickets available in the bottom tiers, reckon it will be over 20k hopefully 

A mate of mine just bought tickets,and said there are now less than a 1000 tickets left in the home stands,obviously not counting the upper west stand.

54 minutes ago, Cider red said:

gates have dropped, last year after two decent results would have been 22k ish. More away fans less home this year.

Forest at home last season, same time of year (1st October) after 3 straight wins, there were 18,922. 

Not sure what you are talking about..? 

4 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Why oh why dont we open the upper tier for all games.  So many dont come because they cant get a seat with a decent view or cant buy 3 or 4 together.  

The best seats in the house and they are rarely on sale.  The view is great from up there.

Two in my office were keen to go on the mates deal but wanted to try the upper tier... I'm sure there are reasons for non opening (though never seen the club explain it) no upper tier so sadly two lost fans for the day 

9 hours ago, xerox6060 said:

Two in my office were keen to go on the mates deal but wanted to try the upper tier... I'm sure there are reasons for non opening (though never seen the club explain it) no upper tier so sadly two lost fans for the day 

Why dont they buy tickets in the other stand which still on sale 

They must be good fans 

why  should the club open up a stand when the rest of the stadium still have seats left

5 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

I was going to go but at 34 quid for  outside west stand block Is a bit steep,can't go in dolmand as I'm 6 ft 4 no leg room no seats in south stand I got nowhere else to go.yet I got a ticket for Southampton v Man Utd next week for 42 quid.

Surely 42 is steeper than 34?

42 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

They must be good fans 

why  should the club open up a stand when the rest of the stadium still have seats left

Getting two tickets together was only possible in the outer parts of the Dolman and lansdown lower  admittedly they left it late, but primarily they were hoping for an opportunity to visit the upper tier, it's not as if it's not open with family section anyway.  

37 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

They must be good fans 

I really think thy would sell a lot more if the top tier was a real option, seats at pitch level , not being able to get a few together apart from the fact the view from the top is great.  
Maybe get to the last 1k and open the top , do it once or twice to see if it makes a difference.

20 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I find it strange that people will only go in the upper tear when there are still tickets available in other parts of the ground that offer better views of the game. 

I have been up top and the view is brilliant , we would have moved (lower to upper) given the choice.

5 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

I was going to go but at 34 quid for  outside west stand block Is a bit steep,can't go in dolmand as I'm 6 ft 4 no leg room no seats in south stand I got nowhere else to go.yet I got a ticket for Southampton v Man Utd next week for 42 quid.

Not being funny but when did you try and get a City Ticket? If you tried a week or two ago I would have thought there were more options available. 
Looks like it's pay on the day toady too , you never know top tier maybe open later. 

https://twitter.com/bcfctweets/status/908933469459369985

Top tier. Give the men in suits a decade or so and the penny will eventually drop they are losing hundreds, if not, thousands of ticket sales.

Only took them about 20 years to sort the phone system out. We actually managed  to load tickets on cards once. Did actually get the 'seat selection' stadium block plan to work once on an iPad as well!

As, the now defunct British Rail said, we're get there!

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I really think thy would sell a lot more if the top tier was a real option, seats at pitch level , not being able to get a few together apart from the fact the view from the top is great.  
Maybe get to the last 1k and open the top , do it once or twice to see if it makes a difference.

I have been up top and the view is brilliant , we would have moved (lower to upper) given the choice.

Not being funny but when did you try and get a City Ticket? If you tried a week or two ago I would have thought there were more options available. 
Looks like it's pay on the day toady too , you never know top tier maybe open later. 

https://twitter.com/bcfctweets/status/908933469459369985

For me it's about 

14 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

For me it's about the football not where I sit

True, but there are some people undecided to whether to come down or not. The top tier may nudge a few more into coming , then they may enjoy it enough to start coming regularly .
When the ground was first being redeveloped I didn't have a ST, I ended up sitting front couple of rows of the Atyeo, trust me it makes a difference . If you're thinking about coming but can only get a 'poorer seat' then it may put you off. It's different to, you're coming whatever, where can I sit.

On 15/09/2017 at 05:38, Never to the dark side said:

A god turn out

considering that in the lasr few visits these have been the following travelling fans

2016/17 sat 17 sep  1,525  

2015/16 tuesday 19 april 1,027 

14/15 and 13/14 premiership

2012/2013 sat 15 dec 846

As suspected utter shit they had sold out , had 1500 there , and as usual people bemoaning we would only have about 18k crowd, was 19.7 k plus , I think it was also posted Villa had sold out and although 3100 is fine we're 500 short , why do we buy this crap.

Archived