IGNORED

Cardiff - Back to 12 Noon on Saturday!

BRISTOL86

On a serious note 

The whole thing seems a mess but bearing in mind A&S have to bring in officers from Devon & Cornwall and South Wales for high risk games and events and all those Frces have their own City's and towns  to Police on a alcohol infused Friday night as well as Bristol , Bath and other towns and in the force area

And then there may be other events or intelligence about other events or other commitments that for obvious reasons arnt broadcast to the public.....

Without turning this into a Political debate I think maybe people should consider the Force has been cut by a third in last few years with austerity cuts

Something has to give 

Sounds like it could have been dealt with / considered quicker and a decision made a lot earlier though

And how they'd cope if we reach the (So called ) 'Pomised Land' :blink:

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Someone's deleted the 'surrounding area' bit from his statement !

Blagards

:thumbsup:

The point of contention perhaps? City only willing to pay for policing at the stadium which, if I remember correctly is all they are obligated to provide and A&S police say they can't afford to police away from the stadium? Was it Leeds who won a case of only having to pay for police at the stadium?

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

The point of contention perhaps? City only willing to pay for policing at the stadium which, if I remember correctly is all they are obligated to provide and A&S police say they can't afford to police away from the stadium? Was it Leeds who won a case of only having to pay for police at the stadium?

Yes

Club have only ever payed for the officers deployed in the stadium - taxpayer picks up the majority of the bill

not sure it would be cost led as there would be a large number of officers deployed on a Friday night or a Saturday

Would,think its more to do with actually resourcing the number of officers from A&S and other forces (See my post above)

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes

Club have only ever payed for the officers deployed in the stadium - taxpayer picks up the majority of the bill

not sure it would be cost led as there would be a large number of officers deployed on a Friday night or a Saturday

Would,think its more to do with actually resourcing the number of officers from A&S and other forces (See my post above)

Noticed D & C police there quite frequently also. Not even sure it's only high risk games- I read on here last year that we had 3 D & C vans for opening game v Wigan last season. Wigan is almost certainly not a high risk.

A strange decision; had they requested a bubble match for the Friday night instead ofthe date change, not many of the sheep sh*ggers would have made the trip across as it would have remained on TV, resulting in an easier game to Police.

Instead they move it to a Saturday meaning it can't be screened, which in turn means they'll no doubt sell out their allocation making the job of policing more difficult. Baffling.

* Not that I agree that Bubble Matches are the right thing either

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Cos they should have told sky to do one when they came sniffing after KO had already been moved once? :) 

Really? Providing sky approached the parties involved the same amount of time in advance they normally do then there's no real problem. The club, police and whoever should know that sky could easily have been interested in the game given the opponents. 

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Hang on, weren't the majority of people saying how stupid it was when it got moved to Friday? It's now been moved back (and for what it's worth it should never have been moved in the first place) and people are still complaining?

There are a few reasons as to why many are upset about this..

Firstly this is the second time it's been moved, people I know have booked it off work, travelling by train, coach etc.

If Cardiff had a Friday night game there last year, then why is it a issue for our mob?

It's a massive inconvenience which has cost people money( football is a money scam as it is) and it looks so tinpot.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

On a serious note 

The whole thing seems a mess but bearing in mind A&S have to bring in officers from Devon & Cornwall and South Wales for high risk games and events and all those Frces have their own City's and towns  to Police on a alcohol infused Friday night as well as Bristol , Bath and other towns and in the force area

And then there may be other events or intelligence about other events or other commitments that for obvious reasons arnt broadcast to the public.....

Without turning this into a Political debate I think maybe people should consider the Force has been cut by a third in last few years with austerity cuts

Something has to give 

Sounds like it could have been dealt with / considered quicker and a decision made a lot earlier though

And how they'd cope if we reach the (So called ) 'Pomised Land' :blink:

So how does this work in Wales then?

No police cuts? The usual massive overfunding of any public service on that side of the bridge?

I don't know the answer to these questions, but seeing as Cardiff is a smaller city (though one always with its' nose first in the trough for public money, trust me) how could they police football, rugby and/or cricket all at the same time?

Very odd.

Real shame it's not on Sky now - would've been another good game to show off Ashton Gate to the world and hopefully how well we can cope in this league...

Plus yes the constant rescheduling has made us look bad, and really unfair of the police to not pipe up while discussions were ongoing with Sky - maybe we could've sorted something then... 

As a cop myself I'd rather see the game played on the Fri night however I also have enough brain cells to understand why the police aren't keen.

I'd suggest that those complaining focus their frustrations on the idiot minority of our clubs (and Cardiffs) fan base rather than the police who have enough to do without babysitting football fans who can't be trusted to behave around decent members of society

24 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Most people have jumped on the police here. It's not their fault they are short staffed and possibly weren't keen to provide an increased police presence which would take away from the normal business of the day. 

I guess the annoyance is if they couldn't guarantee the police presence required for the game they shouldn't have agreed to the change in the first place, its not as if they'd have been put on the spot and made to give a yes/no answer without being able to look into it. 

3 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I hope that those living outside of the Bristol area haven't already made travel arrangements, or if they have they are able to make changes.

How much money will this cost the club, now that it's not on sky?

My flight gets in Friday morning: would have picked the same day even if confirmed as Saturday 12 noon match: would not make it back from Heathrow otherwise. Clearly mine is an extreme case, I daresay others might well be put out by this latest change. And that is sh1te.

That said, I was looking forward to the Friday night: much more social a KO time than noon.

3 minutes ago, generation1 said:

not sure if mentioned before as have not read whole thread but should we make the Prem how are the Police goimg to cope with the multiple changes of days/times needed by the channels then 

A prem team may actually play regularly at 3pm :blink:

I'm not surprised it's been moved to a lunch time kick off as I was saying to a friend when the fixtures came out both home and away I thought would be a bubble trip again.

I say this after being at the away game in Cardiff last season and it was the worst trouble I've seen in a long time and there's no way the police would want this game at any other time than a midday kick off I think they should of been more honest weeks ago

Archived