IGNORED

Cardiff - Back to 12 Noon on Saturday!

BRISTOL86

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

Yes you are correct, it is not acceptable for fans to be messed about like this..

working alongside you all I fully understand that and am hopeful things can improve from this .

Thanks for answering - but as you are reading this thread a question to you please?

"Hopefully things can improve from here"

Can you update us please on the disgracefully actions of the small  Police Officer hitting out indiscriminately with his baton and was caught clearly on camera and seen on here after the Millwall game?

That was a cowardly an act as I've seen for years, and noticed that despite many supporters asking for this to be looked into, I don't seem to have seen a follow-up.

He (or she) turned a calm situation into a chaotic and potentially dangerous one, by being aggressive, and then for no reason jumped into a pack of his fellow officers and assaulted a member of the public by hitting him in the face with his baton.

And then ran to the back of the Police line........ cowardly as well.

Can I assume disciplinary action is forthcoming, and if not, why not, as it's clearly seen on camera.

I have genuine respect for the majority of Police Officers, but not this one.

A cowardly act by a small thug in uniform.

8 hours ago, JulieH said:

I have read all comments on this thread over the last few hours and have taken on board all of the concerns, advice or other comments towards myself and a and s police  regarding this change back to the Saturday at 1200hrs.

as fordy correctly identifies I am not in a position to comment on this change back to the original date which I know most of you wont be overly happy with. 

However I can reassure you all that this fixture will be a safe event for everyone with a view to it becoming as near a normal fixture in the near future.  

i am really sorry that I can't answer all your questions regarding this, I would if I could!!!

On what basis are you unable to answer questions?

If others are correct with their "nod nod, wink wink" postings, will you release (suitably redacted if necessary) minutes of the extraordinary SAG meeting?

5 hours ago, Red white and red said:

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

We'll all have different opinions. Of course there are some very good people in the police doing good work, but I'm in no doubt that if they were operating as a business, well they'd be out of business sharpish as they do very little of what is fundamentally their responsibility. They are simply not fit for purpose.  

In some support of my views it was interesting to hear the Radio 5 phone-in this week. Even sceptial 'me' was shocked how the police service abandon victims. No wonder people seek their own justice. 

In the same way the council like to call us 'customers', becoming just an awarder of contracts, rather than a service, the police now seem to deliver their service in a way that is, in my view, contrary to the principles they were founded on and their reason for being.

Oh, and the ambulance service is going the same way. People have died in my village because they've had to wait over an hour for an ambulance to arrive from nearly 30 miles way. No, it's not at all unusual. 

6 hours ago, SX227 said:

Thanks for answering - but as you are reading this thread a question to you please?

Can you update us please on the disgracefully actions of the small  Police Officer hitting out indiscriminately with his baton and was caught clearly on camera and seen on here after the Millwall game?

That was a cowardly an act as I've seen for years, and noticed that despite many supporters asking for this to be looked into, I don't seem to have seen a follow-up.

He (or she) turned a calm situation into a chaotic and potentially dangerous one, by being aggressive, and then for no reason jumped into a pack of his fellow officers and assaulted a member of the public by hitting him in the face with his baton.

Can I assume disciplinary action is forthcoming, and if not, why not, as it's clearly seen on camera.

Im sure a number of people who either witnessed these actions first hand or have seen the evidence that was filmed would like to hear how this matter has been dealt with by the Police....

10 hours ago, bs3 said:

I do have an understanding. 

After 7 years of austerity and cuts the Police are unable to Police effectively.

The Fire service are unable to provide  adequate cover across the country.

Royal Navy unable to send ships to sea , the RAF unable to stop Russians airforce violating our airspace.

Schools unable to afford books for pupils.

The NHS unable to treat and care for all the people in this country.

I understand that with this current government and its policy we are turning into a 2nd rate nation , unable to educate its children, care for its sick and elderly, uphold law and order and protect it self from enemies at home and abroad and run by unelected Quangos who decided that lights must be kept on with in a stadium stands during the game.

Talentless politicians, unwilling to tax people with money. 

• Admin
3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

On what basis are you unable to answer questions?

If others are correct with their "nod nod, wink wink" postings, will you release (suitably redacted if necessary) minutes of the extraordinary SAG meeting?

@View from the Dolman sadly our council / SAG is one of the few that won't publish these minutes, which is a real shame at the moment 

9 hours ago, harrys said:

You loser, it's about time you realised that no one gives a **** about football fans and we are treated like shyte, stay in Edinburgh mate, football clubs don't deserve proper fans like you and me

Loser????? Very harsh and totally uncalled for.

12 hours ago, SX227 said:

Seriously? Unbelievable that you're actually a grown up.

On 16/09/2017 at 01:00, SX227 said:

To @JulieH again.

Can this be answered? I appreciate being all chummy and funny on the pitch invader thread is probably more pleasant, but I would have thought this is equally as important?

On 16/09/2017 at 13:27, Redinthehead said:

Seriously? Unbelievable that you're actually a grown up.

Seems you might be on your own with your thoughts about Police Officers  battoning a bloke minding his own business for no apparent reason.........

Sorry about the delay but I have been making enquiries re this.

i have spoken to the department who deals with complaints and they have received no offcial complaint around this footage. I have therefore asked them to review it.

i don't consider myself chummy or funny and I certainly don't choose which questions to answer, or which are more important, some just take more time as I don't have control over complaints or review of them.

i will continue to update as soon as I have updates.

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

Sorry about the delay but I have been making enquiries re this.

i have spoken to the department who deals with complaints and they have received no offcial complaint around this footage. I have therefore asked them to review it.

i don't consider myself chummy or funny and I certainly don't choose which questions to answer, or which are more important, some just take more time as I don't have control over complaints or review of them.

i will continue to update as soon as I have updates.

Thankyou very much.

As I say, I have genuine respect for most serving Police Officers, but they must be as accountable as everyone else for their actions.

You seem to be a very good choice for Liason Officer, takes some guts to ask for a review based on info posted on an internet forum.

Fair play to you - I would suggest your response has impressed a lot of people on here.

I look forward, as do others to an update when appropriate.

I would say this is a purely political decision by A & S IMHO.

Big local derby live on TV, moved because A & S cannot guarantee safety????.

A good way to get your point across knowing how vocal football fans are and financially punishing 2 clubs.

What I find very strange is on the armed police thread there is praise for tri force cooperation for the extra armed police, in the past South Wales used to regularly use A & S mounties, I am sure between these 2 large forces they could have sorted this match out. 

3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

A good way to get your point across knowing how vocal football fans are and financially punishing 2 clubs.

What I find very strange is on the armed police thread there is praise for tri force cooperation for the extra armed police, in the past South Wales used to regularly use A & S mounties, I am sure between these 2 large forces they could have sorted this match out. 

In a nutshell Es. Been saying this ever since it was changed back.

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 23:32, stevep38 said:

Yep i booked tickets with queezy jet from edinburgh for this. Just hope i can cancel and get my money back or ive lost best part of 150.00 not including hotel airport parking ect. Really ruined it for me. 

Hope you get lucky mate so annoying

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 17:04, phantom said:

If we had an an angry button I'd push it for you here, piss poor effort from a variety of sources, just can't believe the club are acting like they had no part in this happening 

Its always us fans that suffer,sky only give a few weeks notice of a game  as well that never helps in getting the best deals on trains etc least we are playing well :laugh:

4 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

We are in tri force with Devon and Cornwall, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire. 

5 hours ago, JulieH said:

We are in tri force with Devon and Cornwall, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire. 

I am aware of that, but was trying to say that South Wales had a vested interest as Cardiff City are a team from their area and certainly in the dim and distant past A & S has shared resources with South Wales.

Minding his own business? At the front of a group of people trying to push past police because they've been told to go the other way. 

This attitude of poking the police until they hit you and then suddenly going crying to mummy is one of the most pathetic things I see and I mainly see it from football fans unfortunately.

Archived