IGNORED

Cardiff - Back to 12 Noon on Saturday!

BRISTOL86

10 minutes ago, stroud said:

I'm not surprised it's been moved to a lunch time kick off as I was saying to a friend when the fixtures came out both home and away I thought would be a bubble trip again.

I say this after being at the away game in Cardiff last season and it was the worst trouble I've seen in a long time and there's no way the police would want this game at any other time than a midday kick off I think they should of been more honest weeks ago

The bit in bold is what is getting to me. I can't remember a game day/time being moved twice. 

If the game isn't made a 'bubble' game it could be argued that with it being on Sky on a Friday night, less would travel making it easier to police? Now it's not a Sky game more may travel, possibly increasing police numbers?

56 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

I'd suggest that those complaining focus their frustrations on the idiot minority of our clubs (and Cardiffs) fan base rather than the police who have enough to do without babysitting football fans who can't be trusted to behave around decent members of society

I thought the Souless Crew were a spent force these days, to be honest. When was the last time you heard about Cardiff fans causing trouble apart from a gutless attack on a couple of City fans a few years back?

We played Cardiff on a Friday night in October last year and the only trouble I saw was the OB baton charging the City fans in the away concourse at half-time.

23 minutes ago, stroud said:

I'm not surprised it's been moved to a lunch time kick off as I was saying to a friend when the fixtures came out both home and away I thought would be a bubble trip again.

I say this after being at the away game in Cardiff last season and it was the worst trouble I've seen in a long time and there's no way the police would want this game at any other time than a midday kick off I think they should of been more honest weeks ago

I went to Cardiff last season, enjoyed a pint or two in the centre had a chat to Cardiff fans, little bit of banter. Walked to the game lots of city shirts on show and saw no trouble afterwards. Cardiff many years ago was crazy now it's no trouble whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I thought the Souless Crew were a spent force these days, to be honest. When was the last time you heard about Cardiff fans causing trouble apart from a gutless attack on a couple of City fans a few years back?

We played Cardiff on a Friday night in October last year and the only trouble I saw was the OB baton charging the City fans in the away concourse at half-time.

Probably for good reason 

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Let's not forget that the fire brigade also sit on the SAG. I think I can confidently say they would have had big objections to the game being on the Friday, so I'm not sure why the entire blame has been placed on the police by the club in their statement.

I fail to see what difference it makes to fire brigade if the match is played on a Friday night or Saturday? 

Are suggesting due to safety it is unsafe to have a large crowd on a evening kick off.

3 hours ago, phantom said:

I'm guessing @JulieHwon't reply on here due to the nature of blame here, but I'd guarantee the police, fire service and SAG would have more to add to this statement if they could

Who is stopping them? Other SAGs publicly publish their minutes online. Ours don't, refuse to do so under the FoI and fail to consult with supporters as advised by the relevant body.

They appear determined to be a closed shop, keen not to listen and more keen not to put their head above the parapet.

4 minutes ago, bs3 said:

I fail to see what difference it makes to fire brigade if the match is played on a Friday night or Saturday? 

Are suggesting due to safety it is unsafe to have a large crowd on a evening kick off.

Bonfire weekend I guess. I suppose they`re going to be pretty busy Friday night, not so much Saturday dinnertime.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Cos sadly a few of our numpties ruined it for the majority of us. 

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/football-ban-cowardly-fan-who-12122004

Ridiculous argument. 

Shall we ban people drinking in the city centre because a bouncer gets assaulted. Shall we ban the St.Pauls carnival because there are arrest every year. 

Why are routinely football and football fans singled out by the authorities and used not for the first time as a political football

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Bonfire weekend I guess. I suppose they`re going to be pretty busy Friday night, not so much Saturday dinnertime.

Yes  your right , there are literally dozen of fire engines parked up at Ashton Gate every time we play.

This is a political decision to put the boot into the fans from a over zealous authority who don't give a toss about football supporters and they think they can treat us with contempt.

3 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Yes  your right , there are literally dozen of fire engines parked up at Ashton Gate every time we play.

This is a political decision to put the boot into the fans from a over zealous authority who don't give a toss about football supporters and they think they can treat us with contempt.

Just playing devil`s advocate. If they had to respond to a major incident at AG it would be easier for them to do that on Saturday afternoon than Friday night.

I`m not saying it`s right, just that the Fire Service may have a point unlike the police.

12 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Ridiculous argument. 

Shall we ban people drinking in the city centre because a bouncer gets assaulted. Shall we ban the St.Pauls carnival because there are arrest every year. 

Why are routinely football and football fans singled out by the authorities and used not for the first time as a political football

I agree with you. That's sadly the way it ends up happening though. Minority ruin it for the masses. Same as the news was full of the Arsenal game last night, 20,000 people behaved themselves. The news covers the handful of arrests. It sucks. 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

So how does this work in Wales then?

No police cuts? The usual massive overfunding of any public service on that side of the bridge?

I don't know the answer to these questions, but seeing as Cardiff is a smaller city (though one always with its' nose first in the trough for public money, trust me) how could they police football, rugby and/or cricket all at the same time?

Very odd.

Works in reverse too Graham so I believe - so,if South Wales need help they'll call on neighnpboutpring forces -But it may be neighbouring Forces have commitments that night and can't assist A&S -  think The Forces 'share' things like horses , dogs etc now !!!

Austerity !!!!

1 hour ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

As a cop myself I'd rather see the game played on the Fri night however I also have enough brain cells to understand why the police aren't keen.

I'd suggest that those complaining focus their frustrations on the idiot minority of our clubs (and Cardiffs) fan base rather than the police who have enough to do without babysitting football fans who can't be trusted to behave around decent members of society

Like other members of society football fans pay their taxes who then pay your wages.

So by your logic no football in this country should be played if it requires a police presence, and also no carnival or festival should take place if police are required.

How many police are required for Glastonbury festival, it should be banned because Avon and Somerset have to baby sit music fans in a field in Somerset when you should be fighting crime.

How many police were deployed for the Gay pride march when senior offices are dancing in the street, who are you to decide that football fans should be treated less than equal by the police.

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just playing devil`s advocate. If they had to respond to a major incident at AG it would be easier for them to do that on Saturday afternoon than Friday night.

I`m not saying it`s right, just that the Fire Service may have a point unlike the police.

You don't thinkmthe a police are busy around Bonfire Night ??

:blink:

You know they've had to run operations , large extra patrols for a few years now due to d********s roaming the streets throwing fireworks , putting them thro letterboxes and full scale 'firework' wars between youths in various parts of Bristol ?

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Cos sadly a few of our numpties ruined it for the majority of us. 

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/football-ban-cowardly-fan-who-12122004

I would say more to do with bonfire weekend which is a pain in the arse for all emergency services including A&E. A lot of firework displays official and unofficial going on.

3 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Like other members of society football fans pay their taxes who then pay your wages.

So by your logic no football in this country should be played if it requires a police presence, and also no carnival or festival should take place if police are required.

How many police are required for Glastonbury festival, it should be banned because Avon and Somerset have to baby sit music fans in a field in Somerset when you should be fighting crime.

How many police were deployed for the Gay pride march when senior offices are dancing in the street, who are you to decide that football fans should be treated less than equal by the police.

Think you will find Eavis pays the full policing bill,  so officers can be used on days off etc (overtime) 

11 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Ok so we ban every night match in this country are you suggesting that , I suspect you're not,  so I don't accept that argument.

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You don't thinkmthe a police are busy around Bonfire Night ??

:blink:

You know they've had to run operations , large extra patrols for a few years now due to d********s roaming the streets throwing fireworks , putting them thro letterboxes and full scale 'firework' wars between youths in various parts of Bristol ?

Let's ban the sale of fire works.

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think you will find Eavis pays the full policing bill,  so officers can be used on days off etc (overtime) 

Same as Bristol City then and. It still taking police officers off the streets of Bristol, Bath and Taunton. 

5 minutes ago, bs3 said:

I also pay tax mate so please spare me these recycled quotes you once heard somebody say.

i think you've missed my point entirely, the game will still be played but there will at least be some control over alcohol consumption which will massively reduce the risk of trouble.

lastly, as you have failed to understand, I am a football fan - the same club as you! I don't make the decisions but I can at least understand why. As I say, if idiots had behaved in the past then this discussion wouldn't be happening. 

9 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Same as Bristol City then and. It still taking police officers off the streets of Bristol, Bath and Taunton. 

No it's not

City only play for officers deployed  INSIDE THE STADIUM

Eavis pays for every officer used at , and around , Glastonbury 

And you are still firing off whilst missing the point about what else is happening that night 

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Brighton wasn't it? It all went so wrong for us from there and so tight for them. That firework had a lot to answer for :no:

Indeed it was, and if it was Brighton or someone similar this time, I don't believe this game would have been moved...again!

The fact its bonfire weekend is a nice excuse to move it back to the Saturday. The precedent was set last year. 

Archived