IGNORED

LJ sign up Ozzie Lisa De Vanna

bpexile

No, let's be critical...Goalkeepers in the women's game are frankly dreadful, I have literally never seen one who I thought was good enough for lower level Sunday league and it's really strange?

I watched the ladies rugby World Cup final a few weeks ago and  was mightily impressed. I thought their pace power and strength was outstanding and the skill level superb, which begs the question "why the hell is their a decent female keeper?"

My Mrs plays hockey at a skill and intensity that I certainly couldn't, she gave birth to a 10 1/2 lb baby without pain relief for Christ's sake,, so it sure as hell isnt strength or bravery that prevents a woman diving full length and hitting the ground without a mat...

Can anyone explain?

6 minutes ago, redsontour said:

My Mrs plays hockey at a skill and intensity that I certainly couldn't, she gave birth to a 10 1/2 lb baby without pain relief for Christ's sake,, so it sure as hell isnt strength or bravery that prevents a woman diving full length and hitting the ground without a mat...

Maybe we should try to convince Maddie Hinch to switch sports...

9 minutes ago, redsontour said:

No, let's be critical...Goalkeepers in the women's game are frankly dreadful, I have literally never seen one who I thought was good enough for lower level Sunday league and it's really strange?

I watched the ladies rugby World Cup final a few weeks ago and  was mightily impressed. I thought their pace power and strength was outstanding and the skill level superb, which begs the question "why the hell is their a decent female keeper?"

Can anyone explain?

I think exactly the same thing. The rugby was very impressive and incredibly intense too. I was also well impressed by the standard in the women's Euros recently, it was good entertaining football and a few players were fantastic. 

The keepers however are always just a moment away from an absolute catastrophe. It's always basics too. Mis-kicks, handling outside the area, or not catching it. Potential height difference aside (which is an obvious one when compared to the men's game in terms of claiming crosses for example) I can't see why the standard seems so much worse than the outfield 10?

Archived