IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Derby County Match Day Thread 8

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Absolutely outstanding second half . Pressed high and every thing went right. 

Fair play to them. 

Bryan is getting better and better 

I said earlier that if they played a pressing game they would win,  but I didn't think by 4 - 1 after being 0 - 1 down.  Great win and hopefully more to come,  perhaps LJ is learning by his mistakes last season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brilliant. 

Steve Lansdown (and family) took a hell of a lot of stick when the times were tough last season. Hope he enjoys his weekend as much as I'm going to do.

Well done that man for sticking rather then twisting as I, and many others, were suggesting. More than anyone, you truly deserve success with this Club.

• Like 15

We were excellent for the whole 90 minutes and Derby got exactly what they deserved **** all, they played a team of big time Charlie’s and bitched about every decision. 

I said at Half time that there was something in this game for us but I never for a moment believed that it was going to be like it was.

Fielding 6 is playing well but a couple of rash decisions especially for the penalty and his kicking mark him down.

Wright 8 played really well all game.

Flint 7 played well but a couple of mistakes.

Baker 8 terrific again.

Bryan 8 a class act who just gets better.

Patterson 8 played well and was a threat throughout and finally found his dead ball radar.

Pack 9 he was superb and on any other day would be my MOM.

Smith 8 seems to have found his mojo.

Leko 7 he is a very dangerous player with incredibly quick feet as he showed with the penalty, ran out of steam and was rightly subbed.

Reid 9 MOM, what a game involved in everything, always a danger he is full of confidence and we will do well to keep hold of him.

Woodrow 7 played well throughout and took his goal well.

LJ 10 got it right again, tactics perfect, game plan perfect, substitutes spot on.

Diedhiou 8 to be honest it should be a 7 but took his goal really well and showed some glimpses of what he can be, hopefully the goal might be the turning point.

Brownhill 7 came on to steady the ship in midfield and helped to do just that.

COD 6 for his cameo.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well. ...... that was quite good wasn't it 

:yawn:

Birmingham beaten at home 

Gas stuffed and man sent off

If Carlsberg did Saturdays 

:laughcont::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Happy days indeed!

'Arry could get the chop from Brum, Steve Bruce on borrowed time if Villa lose tonight @ Barnsley.....funny!

And remember, they're still coming for us.....throwing themselves off Wigan Pier with any luck! :fingerscrossed:

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, bend it like brian said:

could only get equaled if you had a call from michelle Keegan telling you she wanted to knosh you off:P

What again?? ;)

I'll hold my hands up here. I was adamant that Johnson had to go after the Fulham game last season but have to admit, that was brilliant! 

Humble pie being ate here, well done LJ, you're proving me wrong. Long may it continue. :clap:

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 8
4 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Prediction league appears more positive regarding likely result today... mostly hone wins.

Its a game of football between two decent (but not perfect) sides so anything can of course happen... but I dont believe we have anything to fear, I doubt they are that confident coming to Bristol and facing the current City side.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!... be noisy create a good Ashton Gate atmosphere (such as it is nowadays) and the game is there for the taking! 

WTF NOT??   :city:   city 2 derby 0  :fingerscrossed: 

Trust them to go and spoil it all by winning 4 - 1 ffs..... bloody let downs... :winner_third_h4h:

Cracking performance , outstanding.

Thoight Derby may be suit our game - immobile midfield and we got in , around and between their lines continually

Well dpne LJ , DH, JM and the players

:clap:

and our  best signing of the season...............

Tomlin ................... for Cardiff 

We look a TEAM

:clap:

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 5

From a Derby fans forum.

"Derby were second best for most of the game. Bristol’s players were fitter, they worked harder, and their
skill and teamwork were superior. Derby’s players behaved as if the game was won when they scored.
They didn’t have another shot on goal until the second half - just two on target for the whole match - and
they sat back inviting attacks from their more energetic opponents. The score probably flattered Derby".

• Like 2
  1. I watched on BCTV and, for once, saw most of the game.  I have to say that I thought BC were brilliant - some of the best football I have ever seen in watching BC for nearly fifty years.  I am talking about skill which, for so long, was pushed aside by effort.  Today, skill was king.  Long live skill!
  • Like 6
9 minutes ago, 22A said:

All joking aside and leaving behind our euphoria of today's result. I pity the Derby fans heading back home this evening. 

The M5 is shut between Bristol & Thornbury following an accident resulting in "at least four deaths" 

Yes, terrible and the south bound M5 is closed because of another incident,  I won't call it an accident,  as it is usually due to someones fault or bad driving. not a good day for some because of it.