IGNORED

The i

The Dolman Pragmatist

Page 74 of today's 'i' newspaper has the following quote from Fordy62 (OTIB is credited), as part of The Fan Matrix:  "I've seen Fammy do nothing.  Nothing at all.  Now I know it's going to take time for him to adapt to the Championship, but we can't just keep playing with essentially 10 men.  Someone else has got to have a go at starting."

The trouble with this is that it is being represented as a typical view from Bristol City supporters.  If the quote was just mined from this forum, then it shows the dangers of randomly slagging of our own players.  If Fordy62 gave consent for it to be used, then that is a disgrace.

I completely disagree with the quote, but that's almost unimportant.  We should not be seen to be criticising our own players in the media.

Surely, in a free and democratic society, everyone has a right to express an opinion.

Whether one person's view should be presented as being representative of others is another matter, and one you might want to take up,with The I.

However, I don't think we should chastise Fordy for expressing an opinion.

2 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

Surely, in a free and democratic society, everyone has a right to express an opinion.

Whether one person's view should be presented as being representative of others is another matter, and one you might want to take up,with The I.

However, I don't think we should chastise Fordy for expressing an opinion.

It would be useful if the opinion was factually correct though.

I think even Fammy himself might agree he's not had a dream start - every striker wants to be banging them in from day one.

I've been impressed with his work rate but his scoring has obviously been an issue given his position.

Now he's off the mark a bit hopefully it will give him the boost he needs, and comments like that fuel him rather than get him down...

50 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Page 74 of today's 'i' newspaper has the following quote from Fordy62 (OTIB is credited), as part of The Fan Matrix:  "I've seen Fammy do nothing.  Nothing at all.  Now I know it's going to take time for him to adapt to the Championship, but we can't just keep playing with essentially 10 men.  Someone else has got to have a go at starting."

The trouble with this is that it is being represented as a typical view from Bristol City supporters.  If the quote was just mined from this forum, then it shows the dangers of randomly slagging of our own players.  If Fordy62 gave consent for it to be used, then that is a disgrace.

I completely disagree with the quote, but that's almost unimportant.  We should not be seen to be criticising our own players in the media.

I think you would be surprised just how many of us on here agree with fordy62, however you dress it up for a player that in my opinion was brought in to be our main goal scorer, 2 goals of which one was a penalty is pretty disappointing. 

38 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

True, but as I said it is then presented as a typical view of Bristol City supporters.  Nothing that can be done, I suppose, but it certainly makes me think about what I say on this forum.

I reckon there would be about 20 people that read that. 

It's in the I and how many people would give a monkeys on a fans view on City anyway?

2 hours ago, Red Ferret said:

Theres nothing wrong with what he has said. Famara is quite obviously not a Championship quality player, and we've paid 5.5m for him! 

8 games

3 goals

A big move from abroad. 

Not quite sure why you think it's so "obvious" he's not up to it. Give the bloke a chance and see what happens instead of slating him. 

Archived