IGNORED

Thankyou Tony Pulis

Xiled

Can anyone explain to me why Tony Pulis allowed us to loan Jonathan Leko for the season?

For a man who has never had a decent word to say about Bristol City (even when we were paying his wages) I would have thought there were more palatable options to further Leko's development.

Delighted to have this lad on our books as he could really carry on where Abraham left off.

Was there an undisclosed agreement that might have seen Flint heading off to West Brom? What happens in January?

18 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I have been unconvinced largely by LJ but after Tammy he picks what looks like another gem. Beginning to think his judgement of players is better than I'd realised. Well done on an exciting loan Lee.

I've been a big critic of LJ but huge, huge credit for Abraham and Leko.  In my time, the best two strikers since Dennis Smith brought Andy Cole to the gate.

4 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

He made Keogh look an absolute mug for the penalty...

He should've scored the earlier chance though!!

That's an area he needs to work on, having seen it back he approaches it as if he's already scored, put a natural finisher (Bobby Reid...) in that position and they would've buried it with power and accuracy. With game time he'll develop into a wonderful player!

England 2020 Euros could have Abraham and Leko linking up.....

16 minutes ago, GoodridgeandGoater said:

Leko's dribbling is insane. Not seen that kind of raw talent on the ball since Bolasie. Work to do on end product and defensive game but what a guy to have in the team. 

I thought he played a number of cute passes and dangerous crosses. That dinked ball with the outside of his boot with no backlift that put Bobby in at the end of the first half!!!:wub:

I'm sorry but I really don't get this 'thanks to Pulis' nonsense.

Thanks to BCFC for giving Leko a route to greatness at WBA without having to play largely meaningless matches in the reserves.

There is no doubt that LJ and his team will ensure Leko is developed and enhanced and sent back a better and more experienced player.

4 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I'm sorry but I really don't get this 'thanks to Pulis' nonsense.

Don't worry I still think he's a total n*b.

Just surprised he was prepared to send a talented player to City. I've no problem with us getting a reputation for developing players but as has been said above, can't understand why Leko isn't worth a starting place for WBA. If I was a Baggies fan, I'd be pretty gutted to lose this player for a whole season :wacko:

Damn, his feet are quick!

15 hours ago, Xiled said:

Can anyone explain to me why Tony Pulis allowed us to loan Jonathan Leko for the season?

For a man who has never had a decent word to say about Bristol City (even when we were paying his wages) I would have thought there were more palatable options to further Leko's development.

Delighted to have this lad on our books as he could really carry on where Abraham left off.

Was there an undisclosed agreement that might have seen Flint heading off to West Brom? What happens in January?

He actually got more to his game than Tammy and more game time will see him get even better

Bring Fammy on with 15 to go to bully

Pefect 

Leko is certainly something special, from what I have read his attitude went a bit wrong after he first broke onto the scene at WBA. However, cannot fault his application for us, if he gets a bit fitter too, he could be a really stand-out player. I believe we have him for the season with no January recall option, if so fantastic news for us.

Archived