IGNORED

Allow me to hold my hands up

petehinton

When Derby appointed Gary Rowett I was furious as it meant he wasn't coming to us whilst we were in free fall with Lee Johnson. 

May I be the first one to hold my hands up and say thank **** this was the case. 

That was probably the most complete Bristol City performance I've seen since the Palace away Play off leg in 2008. Man to man we were absolutely superb and looked incredibly organised too. 

If a ball went in the air, Flint or Baker won it. If they played it  down the line, our wingers/full backs were quicker and stronger than them. Reid was again superb. Leko was absolutely different class.  I genuinely could've sat there and watched us play all night. 

This is against a Derby side with arguably the best squad in the league along with Middlesbrough, who's average wage per player is probably the same (or higher) than our highest. 

Not to get carried away too soon, but if the last week or two is anything to go by, we could really surprise some people this season. 

Never been so pleased to be so wrong in my life. :clapping:

Even I'm turning,not just today but the unity the players showed in the away games when we were up against it let's be honest. We started well last season nicking games by the odd goal while playing awful but it does look like a top 10 finish is a prospect this season  and that's a massive improvement,hats off to lee and the players 

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Christ how much digging did you do for that?? Couldn't have digged enough - go a tiny bit further and you'll see me say he did **** all first 20 and was different class second 25 :smartass:

Haha.

Purely by chance that your message in the match day thread was the last place I'd read it before looking at the forum in a new tab!

32 minutes ago, petehinton said:

When Derby appointed Gary Rowett I was furious as it meant he wasn't coming to us whilst we were in free fall with Lee Johnson. 

May I be the first one to hold my hands up and say thank **** this was the case. 

That was probably the most complete Bristol City performance I've seen since the Palace away Play off leg in 2008. Man to man we were absolutely superb and looked incredibly organised too. 

If a ball went in the air, Flint or Baker won it. If they played it  down the line, our wingers/full backs were quicker and stronger than them. Reid was again superb. Leko was absolutely different class.  I genuinely could've sat there and watched us play all night. 

This is against a Derby side with arguably the best squad in the league along with Middlesbrough, who's average wage per player is probably the same (or higher) than our highest. 

Not to get carried away too soon, but if the last week or two is anything to go by, we could really surprise some people this season. 

Glad to hear it. I hope many others follow suit. As I have continuously said, we are in good hands and have a bright young coach at the helm.

Coyr.

3 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

Idiot. Here is someone holding their hands up to a mistake (something he also did to that comment you've dug around to find) and you try and come up with a cheap shot. Its easy to have a go it takes a bigger man to admit a mistake. 

You'll forgive me if I decide to ignore the views of someone who has the online handle DickEdd.

As you can indeed see, subsequent exchanges with Mr Hinton explains the coincidence, with both a laughter and a like.

Look, it's important to note that this is typical OTIB. 

A win (a really good one at that) and suddenly we're all rejoicing at Johnson's feet. 

All I ever wanted was consistency. We played alright at Reading, we played slightly Better than that at Wolves and now we've convincingly thumped Derby with what was - from what I saw - the sort of football that people had been talking about in the first 45 against Barnsley and Birmingham.

Is LJ suddenly Jesus? No. Should he have been sacked last season? Yes. Am I now a massive LJ fan? No. 

Am I starting to lose the hatred that I had? Probably.

Seriously though, that was a performance that doesn't fail to make you sit up and take notice. Well done LJ & crew long may it continue.  

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

A win (a really good one at that) and suddenly we're all rejoicing at Johnson's feet. 

All I ever wanted was consistency. We played alright at Reading, we played slightly Better than that at Wolves and now we've convincingly thumped Derby with what was - from what I saw - the sort of football that people had been talking about in the first 45 against Barnsley and Birmingham.

Is LJ suddenly Jesus? No. Should he have been sacked last season? Yes. Am I now a massive LJ fan? No. 

Seriously though, that was a performance that doesn't fail to make you sit up and take notice. Well done LJ & crew long may it continue.  

Pretty much summed my thoughts up there. Long may these performances continue....

I think we would need a bigger stadium if the Johnson out fans returned, :laugh:. 

No in all seriousness it's a really good solid start to the season I feel. Last season we started well but I don't think we were playing as well as we are now. It then quickly fell apart for a spell. We managed to turn it round with some decent performances and so so happy we've continued that and have undoubtedly strengthened the team in areas where it allows key players to run themselves into the ground for the cause with decent fresh legs to replace them when needed.

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Love your posts. Marry me. 

A season of this and I'm in the Johnson camp. Roll on May when I bow down to those who new the light was coming. 

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You'll forgive me if I decide to ignore the views of someone who has the online handle DickEdd.

As you can indeed see, subsequent exchanges with Mr Hinton explains the coincidence, with both a laughter and a like.

It appears I need to hold my hands up! Sorry Rob. I clearly didn't take it as it was intended Whoosh indeed.

Yes typical OTIB, like a new striker written off by some as useless, can't kick a ball, can't head a ball, cant hold up a ball, can't bully defenders blah blah, and today after a goal and doing alot of those things we have back pedalling.....

A great win and a great performance today, but too early to get carried away.

3 more points to mid-table obscurity....

37 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Dick Edd..??.. wasn't he landlord of 'The Dog & Handgun'..??

12 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Yes typical OTIB, like a new striker written off by some as useless, can't kick a ball, can't head a ball, cant hold up a ball, can't bully defenders blah blah, and today after a goal and doing alot of those things we have back pedalling.....

A great win and a great performance today, but too early to get carried away.

3 more points to mid-table obscurity....

His first touch of the ball was a bad one and it was jumped over on the match day thread 

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

His first touch of the ball was a bad one and it was jumped over on the match day thread 

Yeah I remember and then the dodgy cross field pass....

After he was much better though, perhaps he was able in the time he had to make a more energetic and physical impact on a more tired defence. 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Dont feel to bad. 

Its not like city played like this since JOhnson's arrival, 'but you just couldn't see it coming right'.

Weve utter horseshit at times over the last 2 years, he cling why we were embroiled in 2 relegation battles. If would have been far from crazy if Johnson had been sacked.

Lets see if can replicate this kind of performance and start to take it on the road.

A wonderful day today, hopefully the first steps to a better future.

Superb display and as a match it was the best I've seen since promotion. It would be easy to be totally carried away or to be over various but if we can perform for the rest of the season like this, I believe that we'll be comfortably above mid table.

The work ethic from everyone was good to see with everyone helping each other. I wouldn't even be able to pick a MOM as everyone contributed.

As for LJ, DH, JMcA, I'm settling down now with nice bottle of Portuguese red and the usual Saturday evening Bolognese bu tonight it's renamed as Humble Pie.

Thank you City for a happy weekend

Why do people feel they have to apologise.

Last season we were sh1te, formation, tactics and subs were all over the place. Johnson was lucky to hold on to his job.

Any concerns we had about his management were totally justified.

This season, so far, it has been an improvement and we've had some great results

Doesn't mean I was wrong about how I felt last season, no apologies here.

Archived