IGNORED

Dolman PA (Merged)

Bristol Rob

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

@Mkelly

Doesn't seem any better. 

Also while we're at PA stuff: making travel announcements regarding a serious incident on the m5 immediately after a goal is scored is a complete waste of time. The only word I caught was m5. Please make announcements like this when the ground isn't so loud. 

Would be really really good to have these messages on the big screen please.

2 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Also while we're at PA stuff: making travel announcements regarding a serious incident on the m5 immediately after a goal is scored is a complete waste of time. The only word I caught was m5. Please make announcements like this when the ground isn't so loud. 

Was that what it was? I thought it was an announcement about who scored.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Was that what it was? I thought it was an announcement about who scored.

4 people have so far died on the M5 following a multicar crash, and as a result the M5 is shut and expected to be for several hours. Would affect Derby fans, and also anyone going near the M32/M4/M5 interchange. They were letting people know. 

9 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

4 people have so far died on the M5 following a multicar crash, and as a result the M5 is shut and expected to be for several hours. Would affect Derby fans, and also anyone going near the M32/M4/M5 interchange. They were letting people know. 

I heard that on the radio on the way home, awful.

Wondering if with the PA system still not delivering if they could put important info like this on the screens.

22 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I think they were letting people know yes, but I think they did it twice and then once at the end. Both announcements were made after goals and probably not the best time to give out such important information due to the noise.

42 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think they were letting people know yes, but I think they did it twice and then once at the end. Both announcements were made after goals and probably not the best time to give out such important information due to the noise.

......yet not announced at half-time.

43 minutes ago, RedM said:

To be fair, there were a substantial number of people leaving the ground at that point for some reason.

45 minutes ago, RedM said:

Well Derby fans were leaving then that's why

Every home game I'm expecting to hear clear sounds eminateing from the Dolman speakers and eveynhome I'm hugely let down.

Today it was as unclear and muffled as ever. I couldn't hear LJ speaking before the game. His lips were moving but constant muffled stream was coming out.

Its shocking that this long standing problem is still unresolved. We have a newly developed stadium admired by everyone but it's let down by the dreadful sound system. It's utterly hopeless.

Can MKelly please post here exactly why it's not been fixed and what the arrangements are to get it working clearly?

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm in the same block. Glad it wasn't just me that thought that nothing had changed.

It had changed. Usually it's mostly comprehendable, without being great. 

Today it was far worse. Or maybe it's because I was sober..?! 

I've tried to find an email for him but when I rang AG I got brushed off...........

Im very irritated by the ongoing sound problems within AG. We have a modern redeveloped stadium which we all love but is let down by the appalling sound system when nothing verbal can be heard clearly. I be surprised if the Derby fans could make out the announcement regarding the M5 fatal accident which would obviously effect their journey home.

It's a disgrace that we've had no response from MKelly explaining what the problem is and why it taken soooo long to rectify and yet he responded very promptly to less important issue regarding the car park barriers.

Where are you Mark?

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I've tried to find an email for him but when I rang AG I got brushed off...........

Im very irritated by the ongoing sound problems within AG. We have a modern redeveloped stadium which we all love but is let down by the appalling sound system when nothing verbal can be heard clearly. I be surprised if the Derby fans could make out the announcement regarding the M5 fatal accident which would obviously effect their journey home.

It's a disgrace that we've had no response from MKelly explaining what the problem is and why it taken soooo long to rectify and yet he responded very promptly to less important issue regarding the car park barriers.

Where are you Mark?

Mark replied on the weekend.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Where are you Mark?

Calm down Delia....

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Mark replied on the weekend.

I obviously missed that.

it doesn't tell us anything tho. " review all feedback" .........:facepalm:

Only now is the feedback being reviewed! It's been dreadfully poor for ages......what "feedback" does the club need? Everyone knows it awful and the club know it's awful.

"Sound system upgraded"  what? ................:rofl2br:

I mean don't they test it? 

Its a disgrace that such an important system is pretty much useless.

It should an absolute priority but obviously it's not.

29 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

All that effort and you didn't think to tag his name?

I genuinely have no idea what that means!

Robbored is a similar age to me....................when we want to sort something out we speak to the person directly and have a conversation, preferably in a pub......we don't tweet, tag, facetime, snapchat, dig, reddit or stumble..........and we certainly don't have a facebook page - whatever that is.

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I obviously missed that.

it doesn't tell us anything tho. " review all feedback" .........:facepalm:

Only now is the feedback being reviewed! It's been dreadfully poor for ages......what "feedback" does the club need? Everyone knows it awful and the club know it's awful.

"Sound system upgraded"  what? ................:rofl2br:

I mean don't they test it? 

Its a disgrace that such an important system is pretty much useless.

It should an absolute priority but obviously it's not.

Maybe they have tried different mics, and changed the amp in a hope that would fix the issue.

Would imagine that the real fix is going to be the expensive one that will see the speakers changed and installed (that said though, I would guess half the stadium got bee speakers when the stands were built).

Archived