IGNORED

Dolman PA (Merged)

Bristol Rob

18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Maybe they have tried different mics, and changed the amp in a hope that would fix the issue.

Would imagine that the real fix is going to be the expensive one that will see the speakers changed and installed (that said though, I would guess half the stadium got bee speakers when the stands were built).

We don't know what the "upgrade" was. It certainly made absolutely no difference so clearly it was a waste of time and money.

Thats why MKelly should post on here with a thorough explanation of what is actually being done.

His last post (the one I missed ) told us bugger all. 

• Admin
59 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I genuinely have no idea what that means!

Robbored is a similar age to me....................when we want to sort something out we speak to the person directly and have a conversation, preferably in a pub......we don't tweet, tag, facetime, snapchat, dig, reddit or stumble..........and we certainly don't have a facebook page - whatever that is.

@CodeRed if you put the @ symbol before a persons name it "tags" them in a post, and like to the left your name is highlighted

That person then gets notified that they have been "tagged" referred to, so they are aware of the discussion

Without the symbol they would have no idea of the content

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Thats why MKelly should post on here with a thorough explanation of what is actually being done.

Which I'm sure he will do once he has reviewed all the feedback from the employees he had dotted around the ground, as he quite clearly stated in his post yesterday.

Not entirely sure why you feel entitled to a daily breakdown of the process?

7 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Which I'm sure he will do once he has reviewed all the feedback from the employees he had dotted around the ground, as he quite clearly stated in his post yesterday.

Whilst I have no knowledge of audio engineering, of all the things people want, isn't feedback the last?

I want to watch football not be at a Hendrix concert.

15 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

I'll tell you why - the sound system has been crap ever since the redevelopment was completed and there have been plenty of feedback on here already so why does MKelly need even more feedback? Does he think we're all making it up? Jeeez.............:facepalm:

We haven't had a breakdown of the problem ( let alone a plan of how to fix it ) since we were told that the Dolman speakers were incompatible with the new sound system 18/12 ago. Nothing has changed - it's still crap.

I get the impression that MKelly isn't taking the problem seriously enough and that's why we get fobbed off with a tame "say nothing" reply. 

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'll tell you why - the sound system has been crap ever since the redevelopment was completed and there have been plenty of feedback on here already so why does MKelly need even more feedback? Does he think we're all making it up? Jeeez.............:facepalm:

We haven't had a breakdown of the problem ( let alone a plan of how to fix it ) since we were told that the Dolman speakers were incompatible with the new sound system 18/12 ago. Nothing has changed - it's still crap.

I get the impression that MKelly isn't taking the problem seriously enough and that's why we get fobbed off with a tame "say nothing" reply. 

I don't think you can say the club isn't taking the matter seriously as they have had people working on it on a non match day and now on a match day with their recorders and he is awaiting their report which @El Hombrecitohas already stated. Why wouldn't they be taking it seriously, there could be awful consequences if their announcements weren't getting through and surely they would want their state of the art stadium sounding good as well as looking good. 

For some reason they just haven't got it right yet. My experience  was that it was just as bad, the announcements and interviews etc but Downsey seemed a bit clearer. 

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You are very impatient.

4 minutes ago, Super said:

You are very impatient.

Impatient?!  

How long does it take to get a wonky sound system working properly? Surely it ain't rocket science. It's been crap for 18/12 and it's still crap. 

If the issue was being taken seriously then it would have been functioning properly by now.

The interview with LJ before kick off is a waste of time. In all seriousness, if it's not going to be fixed,  could we not have sub titles. This applies to urgent and health and safety announcements as well. The only thing I heard re. the accident on Saturday was M5. I feel the same as Robbored......this needs sorting as a priority!

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

I don't think you can say the club isn't taking the matter seriously as they have had people working on it on a non match day and now on a match day with their recorders and he is awaiting their report which @El Hombrecitohas already stated. Why wouldn't they be taking it seriously, there could be awful consequences if their announcements weren't getting through and surely they would want their state of the art stadium sounding good as well as looking good. 

So why is a fan explaining this when it should be MKellys job to keep us informed?

And.......why now after 18/12 of muffled sound have the recorders only just gone in? Surely they should have been recording 18/12 ago? 

It all smacks of ineptitude to me.

29 minutes ago, RedM said:

For some reason they just haven't got it right yet. My experience  was that it was just as bad, the announcements and interviews etc but Downsey seemed a bit clearer. 

But M, this has been going on for ages now.

Somebody at Bristol Sport needs to take responsibility of this, and not sign it off till the sound system is fully fit for purpose.

Something it has not been for far too long.

On 16/09/2017 at 20:08, Super said:

Didnt he say in the week it had been fixed?

There is a rumour that he did but because he said it over the PA system nobody knows.

I keep seeing this referred to as a problem in the Dolman. Since the redevelopment I haven't been in the Dolman, I've been in the South Stand and the Lansdown and not once have I been able to decipher what is being said. In a previous post I actually asked if anyone in the ground could hear it clearly, not one person replied to say that they did. It is just an annoying noise at present.

With what is happening in North Korea we wouldn't know if some nuclear missiles were heading our way. If there was an announcement to this effect on say 30 minutes, nobody would be any the wiser. Some of you would say that you would rather not know anyway. But it doesn't help the game management as if LJ could hear the announcement he would then know he could throw his three subs on early.

9 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Robbored likes to repeatedly use obscure acronyms and suchlike that literally nobody else uses. Much like Championship.

I assume he means 18 months, but who knows :facepalm:

wouldn't that be 12/18 months?!

4 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Yes I'm aware of that. I'm just pointing out that this 18/12 thing that you've made up on the spot and used three times in this thread alone, makes sod all sense.

Jeeeez :facepalm:

Acronyms like 18/12, 24/7, 1/7 are commonly used in the NHS patient files. That's where I first came across them.

I (wrongly it seems) assumed that everyone knew what they meant.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Acronyms like 18/12, 24/7, 1/7 are commonly used in the NHS patient files. That's where I first came across them.

So what's 1/7?

Is it......1 hour 7 days a week?

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Was familiar with 24/7, just confused by 18/12!

I thought you were saying that the PA had been a problem since the 18th December, but that didn't seem right.

40 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Robbored likes to repeatedly use obscure acronyms and suchlike that literally nobody else uses. Much like SBC.

I assume he means 18 months, but who knows :facepalm:

Or it's all going to come good in the middle of December?

Archived