IGNORED

Dolman PA (Merged)

Bristol Rob

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

For all you unfamiliar with numerical acronyms-

The second number - say.......12 or 7 denotes the period of time. 12 being a year because of 12 months. 7 denotes a week because of 7 days.

So.......18/12 is 18 months and 3/7 is three days. 

So.......what does 4/52 mean?

Why not just put 18 months?

I moved from the Dolman to the Lansdown stand this season and reckon the PA system is actually worse in the Lansdown. 

You can see Downsie with the mike right up to his mouth - has he actually tried pulling it away from his mouth to see if that helps. 

I am lucky enough to go to Anfield fairly often and the system there has been fantastic for years - the same guy can be heard so clearly it is equally clear when you watch Liverpool on tv. 

Why don't we suggest MKelly ask Liverpool how they do,it!!

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

For all you unfamiliar with numerical acronyms-

The second number - say.......12 or 7 denotes the period of time. 12 being a year because of 12 months. 7 denotes a week because of 7 days.

So.......18/12 is 18 months and 3/7 is three days. 

So.......what does 4/52 mean?

Apart from the main one that most people understand 24/7 but that doesn't follow your "convention".....

Why not use 0.076923076923 instead of 4/52 - much easier for everyone to follow :wacko:

5 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

I moved from the Dolman to the Lansdown stand this season and reckon the PA system is actually worse in the Lansdown. 

You can see Downsie with the mike right up to his mouth - has he actually tried pulling it away from his mouth to see if that helps. 

I am lucky enough to go to Anfield fairly often and the system there has been fantastic for years - the same guy can be heard so clearly it is equally clear when you watch Liverpool on tv. 

Why don't we suggest MKelly ask Liverpool how they do,it!!

Perhaps @Mkelly will take a stroll around the stands tonight to hear for himself what supporters have been complaining about for so long now?

No need for recordings and reports, just someone who can do something about it to hear it with their own ears.

• Admin

I've had a strange light bulb moment this morning commuting in on the train

There are a number of people who post on here that also watch Bristol rugby, but there hasn't been any mention of a problem during their games?

Just had a look on their forum and there are no mentions of any problems from what I can see

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

There are a number of people who post on here that also watch Bristol rugby, but there hasn't been any mention of a problem during their games?

Just had a look on their forum and there are no mentions of any problems from what I can see

Is that because the crowds are a lot less? As in less people mean it's not as busy so easier to hear  

Am intending to start a thread with a poll at some point this week (when I get a chance) with what stand people are in and how well they can hear the PA. Might help identify where the main issues are. 

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

I don't sit in the Dolman for the rugby so I can't compare, but it would be interesting to know. 

• Admin
23 hours ago, RedM said:

I don't sit in the Dolman for the rugby so I can't compare, but it would be interesting to know. 

Posted something on the rugby forum, it is clear they have the same problem - so without sounding rude I don't see that the crowd numbers are the reason

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Posted something on the rugby forum, it is clear they have the same problem - so without sounding rude I don't see that the crowd numbers are the reason

The whole tannoy fiasco is hugely irritating to me. I find it a disgrace that the club have been aware of the problem for over 18/12 and done very little to get it working properly.

i had to laugh rather than cry when I read that MKelly had people with recorders in the stadium on Saturday. That should have been done months ago and if it had we might now have a tannoy system that actually works.

Serious procrastination on the part of the club - it's an absolute disgrace.

On 19/09/2017 at 09:57, Dollymarie said:

Is that because the crowds are a lot less? As in less people mean it's not as busy so easier to hear  

Am intending to start a thread with a poll at some point this week (when I get a chance) with what stand people are in and how well they can hear the PA. Might help identify where the main issues are. 

With all due regards to your concerns and efforts surely the responsibility for ensuring a fit for purpose PA system lies with the supplier and someone at the club should be insisting that it is sorted pronto.

Can't believe the statement that recordings of Saturday's game were being monitored to assess the PA performance. Get the PA supplier's engineers in the ground during a first team match so that the monitoring can be carried out in real time and adjustments made to ensure satisfactory results. Back in the 60s that's what we did with Dennis Langley when I was involved with the PA supplier's.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

The whole tannoy fiasco is hugely irritating to me. I find it a disgrace that the club have been aware of the problem for over 18/12 and done very little to get it working properly.

i had to laugh rather than cry when I read that MKelly had people with recorders in the stadium on Saturday. That should have been done months ago and if it had we might now have a tannoy system that actually works.

Serious procrastination on the part of the club - it's an absolute disgrace.

What was 18/12 again?

On 18/09/2017 at 14:21, phantom said:

@CodeRed if you put the @ symbol before a persons name it "tags" them in a post, and like to the left your name is highlighted

That person then gets notified that they have been "tagged" referred to, so they are aware of the discussion

Without the symbol they would have no idea of the content

Testing, testing:

@phantom

I too have just burst a blood vessel due to the "disgrace" that is the PA in the Dolman ......:facepalm:

5799/3268

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

He's been complaining about it for the last 24/12.

Not quite 2yrs RH.

Point is the tannoy is rubbish and has been fo 18/12. Plenty long enough for the club to have it sorted out but it was only last Saturday that they had "recorders" in the stadium......ffs......that should have been done months ago. Procrastination of the highest order from the club.........:facepalm:

See? You've started me off.............:blink:

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Not quite 2yrs RH.

Point is the tannoy is rubbish and has been fo 18/12. Plenty long enough for the club to have it sorted out but it was only last Saturday that they had "recorders" in the stadium......ffs......that should have been done months ago. Procrastination of the highest order from the club.........:facepalm:

See? You've started me off.............:blink:

That is my special power.

Archived