IGNORED

Team for Tuesday De Ja Vu?

Tinmans Love Child

I remember the great start to last season when we played a struggling Hull team in the cup, and I was gutted that we rested most of the team and lost 2-1, and we seemed to lose momentum after that.  

Id really like to see us play a strong team on Tuesday v Stoke, we are obviously playing with a lot of confidence at the moment, Stoke will inevitably play a weakened team, so it would be great to keep the momentum going and beat Prem opposition 

Difference from Hull is we can make 4-5 changes and not weaken the team. Wouldnt have a problem with slight rotations in high workrate areas like CM and out wide. Maybe Vyner will play, Elliasson, O'Dowda etc but whatever side should give a good showing against Stoke who arent excactly flying themselves

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I want to see some of the fringe players play. The lads who have played 3 tough games in 7 days deserve a rest and I want to see the likes of Elliasson. Taylor, Magnússon, Vyner, O'Neil and Hegeler etc.

LJ said post match that he`s already picked the side for Tuesday and Eliasson will be starting.

---------------Fielding-------------

Vyner--Flint--Maggs--Kelly

------Brownhill----O'Neil------

O'Dowda--------------Elliasson

------ --Taylor----Diedhou-----

This is what I reckon LJ will go with.

Taylor dropping in behind and if Pisano isn't 100% I wouldn't want to risk him for this game and would like to rest as many of the midfielders as possible. 

2 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Taylor dropping in behind and if Pisano isn't 100% I wouldn't want to risk him for this game and would like to rest as many of the midfielders as possible. 

Not far off i wouldn't think. Not sure O'Neill will be fit so possibly Pack in as he had a "rest" at wolves in the week. Think Steele will make his debut in goal as well.

3 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Not far off i wouldn't think. Not sure O'Neill will be fit so possibly Pack in as he had a "rest" at wolves in the week. Think Steele will make his debut in goal as well.

If O'Neil is fit I think he'll start, Johnson will more than likely want to go unchanged from today at Ipswich giving Pack a rest. Steele will more than likely play, I had forgot about him :facepalm:

3 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

That`s what I think it will be.

I wonder if anyone will rant on that they`ve been `cheated` out of their twelve quid when that lineup is announced.

6 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Can't wait for Tuesday. I expect the team to be something like this, if O'Neil is fit:

Steele

Vyner     Flint         Magnússon   Kelly

Eliasson   O'Neil    Pack    O'Dowda

Diedhiou  Taylor

Hegeler nowhere to be seen. 

• Admin
4 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Hope Mags starts and has a good game

I feel sorry for the lad, I'm sure he can be a success here 

LJ's video interview post game. speaking about the Stoke game: "Magnusson's got to come in as he's been performing really well in training"

11 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I was thinking along those lines except I thought he might give Steele a game, I don't think GON will be fit enough, so I can see Korey and marlon sharing the work alongside Brownhill. Considering Hegeler Đurić and Pisano are injured that shows we are building a strong squad.

16 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I remember the great start to last season when we played a struggling Hull team in the cup, and I was gutted that we rested most of the team and lost 2-1, and we seemed to lose momentum after that.  

Id really like to see us play a strong team on Tuesday v Stoke, we are obviously playing with a lot of confidence at the moment, Stoke will inevitably play a weakened team, so it would be great to keep the momentum going and beat Prem opposition 

We have more options this season to rotate without really weakening the side. Eliasson, Taylor, Mags etc should all be motivated to show what they can do. Suspect Stoke will play a strong side as this is a competition where they have the most realistic chance of wining something. Should be a good game.

12 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I like this a lot. Not sure if O'Neil will be back, so MP or KS could both slot in there. What a strong squad this is.

• Admin
17 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Can't wait for Tuesday. I expect the team to be something like this, if O'Neil is fit:

Steele

Vyner     Flint         Magnússon   Kelly

Eliasson   O'Neil    Pack    O'Dowda

Diedhiou  Taylor

This is what gives me confidence that we won't see a return of last season's run of 3 wins in 25 games. The strength in depth is probably the best I've known in my time as a City supporter and for reference we are now on a run of just 4 defeats in 22 games (not including friendlies)

Archived