IGNORED

Redknapp leaves Brum!! (Merged)

nickolas

Redknapp's 13 games in charge gave rise to just 3 wins. New players this this summer totalled over £15M before the transfer window closed. He signed a total of 14 players during his brief spell in charge.

Some of his departing interview with Sky Sports:

Redknapp cited injuries and a long-standing "losing mentality" as mitigating factors in City's poor run of results.

"It just seems when things start to go wrong, we just seemed to go under today," he said. "We got another hamstring after two minutes today - that's four hamstrings.

"That's not excuses, it's just the facts. It's made it difficult to get a settled team that you can think 'this is my team, go and play the next five or six games and get a bit of an understanding together'.

"It's been difficult, it's been a rushed job but we have to do better. It's not good enough."

Ummm, sounds like excuses to me :P

Harry is saying that he wasn't able to get the players in he wanted... so effectively he signed 14 players he didn't want.

Also said he doesn't think he'll get another managerial job, but sounds open to the idea of helping a young manager.

Fingers crossed Wally has heard this and 'Arry can help them reach their credit limit in record time.

On 16/09/2017 at 18:58, Stortz said:

Farewell Twitchy, you won't be missed.

Why people eulogise this corrupt chancer I have no idea.

First sentence completely unnecessary- his twitch comes from a serious car crash back in the 90s. By all means have a go at him for other well deserved reasons, but no need to insult him in that way.

21 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

This goes against the current but they did sign some good players on paper .

A half decent manager will turn this round and get them moving in the right direction.

If Cotts does go back it would be a good move for him . 

Not sure  it'll be Cotts Major, Rowett was sacked because he wasn't a big enough name in China...

1 hour ago, Hellfire Corner said:

First sentence completely unnecessary- his twitch comes from a serious car crash back in the 90s. By all means have a go at him for other well deserved reasons, but no need to insult him in that way.

Sorry Hellfire Corner, I'll be sure to check in with you to make sure I'm insulting someone within the boundaries of your taste in future.

Thank you for taking the time to show me the error of my ways.

44 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

This goes against the current but they did sign some good players on paper .

A half decent manager will turn this round and get them moving in the right direction.

If Cotts does go back it would be a good move for him . 

Most likely a good move for Birmingham too.

SC does have a pretty good CV especially at turning things around. Problem is that he seems to run out of steam and/or becomes really quite abrasive which may not suit Birmingham's new owners. However, they may also be reaching the conclusion that a famous name guarantees eff' all and is pretty meaningless if your investment is spending it's time in the bottom three.

SC 'fell out with Harry'.

He believed he was going to be given the managers job at the end of last season and that Harry was going to move up as a 'Director of football'.

He took the majority of coaching sessions last season.

He felt Harry stabbed him in the back when he took the managers job and it wasn't offered to him. He refused to work with Harry this season.

Whether he'll take it if offered now....who knows. But he thought he was undervalued and done over by Brum and Harry.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

He believed he was going to be given the managers job at the end of last season and that Harry was going to move up as a 'Director of football'.

He felt Harry stabbed him in the back when he took the managers job and it wasn't offered to him. He refused to work with Harry this season.

Whether he'll take it if offered now....who knows. But he thought he was undervalued and done over by Brum and Harry.

That's interesting, didn't realise that. Do you reckon SC will work in management again any time soon?

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's interesting, didn't realise that. Do you reckon SC will work in management again any time soon?

I have no idea mate. I think it depends on whether SC excepts job offers or not. The longer you are out of the game, the harder it is to get back in.

I get the impression SC doesn't want to take anything lower than Championship.

31 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yes you are right, though I think it was Harry that went back on an agreement more so than Brum.

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

I have no idea mate. I think it depends on whether SC excepts job offers or not. The longer you are out of the game, the harder it is to get back in.

I get the impression SC doesn't want to take anything lower than Championship.

He won't go anywhere as assistant and has to have major control, that's more important to SC than the level he works at, I'd say.

Given what he achieved here when allowed to manage on his terms, a struggling Championship club or big but under achieving League One club would be taking on a sure winner IMO.

8 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Yes you are right, though I think it was Harry that went back on an agreement more so than Brum.

He won't go anywhere as assistant and has to have major control, that's more important to SC than the level he works at, I'd say.

Given what he achieved here when allowed to manage on his terms, a struggling Championship club or big but under achieving League One club would be taking on a sure winner IMO.

The strength and equally the weakness in Cott's make up is his huge ' I'm a winner ' ego .

Dare I say not many owners want competition for the credit at their clubs ? 

I expect SC's favourite group are ' The Clash ' .

No compromise equals no job .

5 minutes ago, NickJ said:

This is why I think he might struggle to find Clubs in the Championship.

Less and less Clubs are wanting managers to have 'total control' and do it 'their way'.

Regardless of what we think of SC as a person...I think we can agree he comes under the 'Old school' type of management and coaching. Hence his relationship with others like Harry. He's the younger end of a generation of managers that are considered 'old school' in their methods.

If you were looking short term in League 1, and you had a bit of money to spend, like we did when he was here in league 1, then I agree...he may do well.

If you want a manager, that will take sole responsibility, do it his way, have total control, use only his scouts and preferred agents, then SC would be your man.

If that doesn't appeal to you as a Club owner...then I'd avoid SC. But it may work for some owners.

Archived