IGNORED

Pisano

gordie

Well after some great team efforts over the last 3 games what happens when he is back fit, personally i would reinstate him and drop Flint although that is probably a bit harsh on Flint,  LJ has some pondering to do but it is great to have the strength in depth we have at the moment and those decisions to make, long may it continue. CTID

The only slightly criticism I have, if I was to really nitpick, is that by playing 3 strong centre halves (instead of ball playing ones) we do look a tad awkward in possession when the ball with those three in defence.

Having Pisano there in his natural position feels a bit more balanced and he's better at pressing forward and playing the ball. 

Wright did play well there today though.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If he is fit Tuesday it would be an ideal game to give him a start.

I really rate Baker but he would be odds on to get another yellow card in midweek.

Sound thinking that Graham

Think we may need Flint as Crouch likely to play ?

So yes , Ideal opportunity to give Baker a breather / rest:thumbsup:

Whatever happens; nice problem to have.

I was honestly worried that by having only one experienced right back, if injuries or suspensions kicked in, we'd end up dragging Smith back into defence.

Now we have Vyner and Wright competing for that position, and so we're wondering if Pisano can even get back in!

Good to have depth and competition in defence.

3 minutes ago, samo II said:

Whatever happens; nice problem to have.

I was honestly worried that by having only one experienced right back, if injuries or suspensions kicked in, we'd end up dragging Smith back into defence.

Now we have Vyner and Wright competing for that position, and so we're wondering if Pisano can even get back in!

Good to have depth and competition in defence.

And in theory still our 'weakest' position across the back !

11 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Flint was lucky in the first half. He could easily have been sent off for bulldozing the Derby player on goal when him and frank hesitated. However him and Baker are a intimidating pairing for strikers. I personally would leave Pisano on the bench for now as Bailey was terrific today. 

Wright was good but Pisano is a natural right back and showed more in his first 5 games in that position than Wright showed today.... Bailey does look slightly uncomfortable their and needs to be back in middle 

46 minutes ago, gordie said:

Well after some great team efforts over the last 3 games what happens when he is back fit, personally i would reinstate him and drop Flint although that is probably a bit harsh on Flint,  LJ has some pondering to do but it is great to have the strength in depth we have at the moment and those decisions to make, long may it continue. CTID

It's not harsh on flint . We seen today what each player brings, flint very lucky twice today with a poor touch , one in each half. Bailey is by far the better defender. Some supporters need to let go of this love in with flinty. Yes over the years he's been great for us but we are moving on as a side and imo is not one of the best two centre halfs

8 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Wright was good but Pisano is a natural right back and showed more in his first 5 games in that position than Wright showed today.... Bailey does look slightly uncomfortable their and needs to be back in middle 

Totally agree , Wright is a out and out defender and done really well in their half in that respect but got the impression he didn't want to leave home defensively. Good job for Derby Pisano wasn't playing . It could of been 8 

4 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Im sure Eros willbe back when fit.  As others have said, no need to rush him though.

Hard to chane the team after that performance, but I guess a few will be rested on Tuesday and that may give Eros an opportunity to get back into the team if he is fit 

Unbelievable second half performance today. COYR

You say second haf performance, I think we were excellent both halves.

Archived