IGNORED

Derby County Forum

went today...

quite simply we were beaten by the better side.

out manoevered and at times out classed

watching it i was thinking to myself this bristol side is probably in terms of style the sort of thing that rowett is trying to move us towards

Raw power and pace up top , graft and mobility in midfield and then plenty of pace and trickery on the flanks - leko absolutely destroyed us all afternoon, was simply excellent, all held together by a couple of no nonesense centre halves at the back

9 hours ago, 054123 said:

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/27196-bristol-city-v-derby-county/?page=27

Comments really cap the day off. From about page 13 onwards, just complimentary of how we played and that they aspire to our standard!

Also, is it one of Tom's forums? Looks and feels like It!!

No we only host otib these days. Forum software is standard Invision board which you pay an annual licence for 

26 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

No we only host otib these days. Forum software is standard Invision board which you pay an annual licence for 

When I went on tho Tom it was incredibly slow- with their users moaning about it

Another big thanks to you and your work - we all fall into the trap for taking the smooth running of this forum for granted 

We almost never have an issue , despite how busy this forum is 

So a good opportunity to say a big thanks to you , and all those involved in running the site 

:clap::worship2:

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Couple of comments that made me laugh

'  If they were 15 yds deeper, they'd be joining the campaign for safe standing '

3 hours ago,  Malagaram said: Would you like Roy Hodgson ?

3 hours ago,  Seaside Ram  said    Is he quicker than Huddlestone ?

:laughcont:

This made me laugh;    "we lost 4-1 but were the real winners as we don't live in Bristol"....

Has he taken a look at Derby ?.....ever ?....comical, but don't give up the day job..

13 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

This made me laugh;    "we lost 4-1 but were the real winners as we don't live in Bristol"....

Has he taken a look at Derby ?.....ever ?....comical, but don't give up the day job..

I think it was just a jokey comment.

Derby fans seem a level headed decent bunch on that forum. 

Good forum to be fair - although of course not a patch on OTIB!   Most of the posters seem realistic and were complimentary about us. I liked this comment in particular:  'although I don't see any brilliant teams in the Champ, I see improvements in a lot of average teams. (Wolves, Bristol City, Cardiff etc).'  Although it's not a massive endorsement in shows that we are now getting noticed at least. Really good to see other teams fans recognising us and comparing us with the like of Wolves and Baaadiff, recent Premier League teams, and that they are obviously seeing an improvement in our set up. 

37 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

31 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Jeez!! Derby over Bristol to live? No competition....has he really seen the East Midlands.? Complete lack of pride in themselves. Derby.....**** me.

Pride Park is an irony in itself.

20 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I think it was just a jokey comment.

Derby fans seem a level headed decent bunch on that forum. 

Just in case, someone show them this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39320118

43 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Derby isn't a bad town, compared to many places "oop norf"

However, Anyone stupid enough to think that living in Bristol is a nagative hardship, and a reason to mock, simply demonstrates a level of ignorance that's embarrassing! 

Why do all football fans seem to get hung up on the "my town is nicer than your town" thing? Derby is a nondescript East Midland town. It has some nice bits and crap bits. Much as Bristol does. It's not that surprising hat a Derby fan would see the nice bits of his/her home town and the negatives of the opposition town (who've just spanked them 4-1). Much as a Bristol City fan would

12 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

went today...

watching it i was thinking to myself this bristol side is probably in terms of style the sort of thing that rowett is trying to move us towards

Raw power and pace up top , graft and mobility in midfield and then plenty of pace and trickery on the flanks - leko absolutely destroyed us all afternoon, was simply excellent, all held together by a couple of no nonesense centre halves at the back

That quote is nice BBSB...but the bit you left out is more important imo.

The fact that LJ has been given time to bring in players that he wants, and coach all of the squad into his way of playing.

It takes time...of which we have given LJ...which is what you would hope for all football managers.

We all know Rowett is a good manager...but his team looked listless yesterday. Work in progress. They have some fine players a swell. But they looked unsure and not comfortable. No energy as well. Often a sign of not being totally at one with what was being asked.

Full quote...

is it lee johnson there in charge? Done a very good job.... but it hasnt happend overnight has it.

rowett needs time and a window or two where he isnt hamstrung by having to move players out to bring others in.

i read somewhere this summer 10 players are out of contract ... thats when i expect to see big changes

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

The fact that LJ has been given time to bring in players that he wants, and coach all of the squad into his way of playing.

It takes time...of which we have given LJ...which is what you would hope for all football managers.

We all know Rowett is a good manager...but his team looked listless yesterday. Work in progress. They have some fine players a swell. But they looked unsure and not comfortable. No energy as well. Often a sign of not being totally at one with what was being asked.

Full quote...

is it lee johnson there in charge? Done a very good job.... but it hasnt happend overnight has it.

rowett needs time and a window or two where he isnt hamstrung by having to move players out to bring others in.

i read somewhere this summer 10 players are out of contract ... thats when i expect to see big changes

It shows that football fans go through the same as each other regardless of which team they follow. Up and downs, good, bad and ugly results......

Like otib there are several very reasonable and considered comments along side a lot of tosh on their forum but one of the better ones I've seen.

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

Full quote...

Agree - it looks a good & brave decision atm

i would have changed , as we looked doomed , but we of course we didn't know all that was going on , and never will   and I guess that's the benefit SL had -

still a very brave decision and in fairness showing signs it could have been a very good one 

12 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

went today...

Who are they talking about again? :P

The very small number of Derby fans I have known have been very self-deprecating and laugh about their having the record lowest points score in the Premier League and similar glorious failures.

As I say very small sample but they have all been a totally sound bunch.

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree - it looks a good & brave decision atm

i would have changed , as we looked doomed , but we of course we didn't know all that was going on , and never will   and I guess that's the benefit SL had -

still a brave decision and in fairness showing signs it could have been a very good one 

A good decision I agree BBSB...but tbh, it's a decision that makes total sense, and one that should be used by all football clubs.

When people say LJ should have been fired and if it were at another club he would have been , just goes to show how crazy football management has become.

Fans now see it as the norm to sack, as well as owners.

I look at the 'Harry' scenario at Brum....total madness, regardless of what fans think of him.

Brought all those players in, given money to do so...and now another manager has got to work with them, and start all over again. Completely bonkers.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

A good decision I agree BBSB...but tbh, it's a decision that makes total sense, and one that should be used by all football clubs.

When people say LJ should have been fired and if it were at another club he would have been , just goes to show how crazy football management has become.

Fans now see it as the norm to sack, as well as owners.

I look at the 'Harry' scenario at Brum....total madness, regardless of what fans think of him.

Brought all those players in, given money to do so...and now another manager has got to work with them, and start all over again. Completely bonkers.

Not sure you can have it as the blueprint across the board though Spud

Sticking with a manager who looks a bad fit, is not working , etc can be disastrous 

Like most things in life - need to to judge on a case by case business and the secret of success is to back the right horses when you can (Not literally !!!) and get the vast majority the calls right

Same as recruitment of players 

"It's difficult for upstart clubs like Derby County to go to one of the giants of the British game, with all their heritage and get a result. As everyone knows, Bristol City have dominated football on and off for decades, winning trophy after trophy. A 4-1 beating is nothing to be ashamed of, at a stadium that has seen the cream of European club football humbled."

A comment from their local paper 

37 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not sure you can have it as the blueprint across the board though Spud

Sticking with a manager who looks a bad fit, is not working , etc can be disastrous 

Like most things in life - need to to judge on a case by case business and the secret of success is to back the right horses when you can (Not literally !!!) and get the vast majority the calls right

Same as recruitment of players 

That's why I think the Club doing due diligence, and finding a manager/coach that will work within our blueprint has been a good move by SL.

I know some people don't like our 'connection' with the Johnsons, but I see it from outside of the box so to speak.

They've 'spoken' about this for years 'off the record'.

It's a 'masterplan' that's been spoken about over 'long lunches' for a period of time.

It's not happened by accident.

This was planned many moons ago.

Perhaps Clubs should do much more diligence when appointing managers.

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Just in case, someone show them this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39320118

Well, if Ballycastle is their regional winner (Norn Iron), then whichever town/city wins the top spot truly deserves the acolade. 

The only problem with Ballycastle are holes 10 to 16! You suddenly go from the links to a cliff where it becomes tiresome. However, I don't think the award was based on golf courses....if it was, they'd have been docked serious points! The views to Rathlin Island, Scotland plus Isles, and of course the famous coast road to Belfast is nothing short of stunning. 

Bristol beat Ballycastle eh? Bristol must be good!

3 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Jeez!! Derby over Bristol to live? No competition....has he really seen the East Midlands.? Complete lack of pride in themselves. Derby.....**** me.

Pride Park is an irony in itself.

Actually Derby is pretty good. Not as good as Bristol, obviously, but still good. I was out in Derby city centre last night, and it had a good vibe (didn`t mention I was a City fan, though!)

Archived