IGNORED

Derby County Forum

5 minutes ago, Juan Kerr said:

Actually Derby is pretty good. Not as good as Bristol, obviously, but still good. I was out in Derby city centre last night, and it had a good vibe (didn`t mention I was a City fan, though!)

Judging by their comments I`m surprised they weren`t all wandering round like zombies beating themselves with sticks and crying `woe is us`

1 hour ago, spudski said:

That's why I think the Club doing due diligence, and finding a manager/coach that will work within our blueprint has been a good move by SL.

I know some people don't like our 'connection' with the Johnsons, but I see it from outside of the box so to speak.

They've 'spoken' about this for years 'off the record'.

It's a 'masterplan' that's been spoken about over 'long lunches' for a period of time.

It's not happened by accident.

This was planned many moons ago.

Perhaps Clubs should do much more diligence when appointing managers.

I agree. Equally, whilst I am not I think knee jerk I did get to the stage last season where I thought LJ had to go. After the slaughter at Preston I was expecting a sacking at any moment, and was shocked it did not happen Liked his ideas, and had some sadness in it, but seemed the only way to avoid relegation.

And here we are now. Difficult to argue it was a really brave decision by SL, which although early days looks like the right one, Somebody did a list the other day which showed LJ to be the 7th longest serving manager in the Championship. On the basis I still view him as new'ish, that is a ridiculous state of affairs.

3 hours ago, cityexile said:

I agree. Equally, whilst I am not I think knee jerk I did get to the stage last season where I thought LJ had to go. After the slaughter at Preston I was expecting a sacking at any moment, and was shocked it did not happen Liked his ideas, and had some sadness in it, but seemed the only way to avoid relegation.

And here we are now. Difficult to argue it was a really brave decision by SL, which although early days looks like the right one, Somebody did a list the other day which showed LJ to be the 7th longest serving manager in the Championship. On the basis I still view him as new'ish, that is a ridiculous state of affairs.

I`m surprised he`s as low as 7th TBH given most clubs` attitude.

Who`s higher? Mick McCarthy, Neil Harris, Dean Smith (?), Carlos Carvahal, Nigel Clough, ?

4 hours ago, spudski said:

That's why I think the Club doing due diligence, and finding a manager/coach that will work within our blueprint has been a good move by SL.

I know some people don't like our 'connection' with the Johnsons, but I see it from outside of the box so to speak.

They've 'spoken' about this for years 'off the record'.

It's a 'masterplan' that's been spoken about over 'long lunches' for a period of time.

It's not happened by accident.

This was planned many moons ago.

Perhaps Clubs should do much more diligence when appointing managers.

As opposed to hiring the kind of so called big name so beloved of many fans in fact. The right man rather than the most famous one.

3 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

This. 100% this. Absolutely hate this chant. Nobody is forcing you to stay so just sod off...

Awful shithouse chant. Funny in London, that's it. Everywheres a shithole to football fans too, proper makes me angry this.

12 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

How dare you!!! Spent half my life there, RAF, bought our first house there, worked there, 3 kids born there, like everywhere good and not so...bit like Bristol, some right dodgy areas in Bristol mind..

Swindon has no soul.  Except those of the arse variety.

On 17/09/2017 at 12:16, spudski said:

That quote is nice BBSB...but the bit you left out is more important imo.

The fact that LJ has been given time to bring in players that he wants, and coach all of the squad into his way of playing.

It takes time...of which we have given LJ...which is what you would hope for all football managers.

We all know Rowett is a good manager...but his team looked listless yesterday. Work in progress. They have some fine players a swell. But they looked unsure and not comfortable. No energy as well. Often a sign of not being totally at one with what was being asked.

Full quote...

quite simply we were beaten by the better side.

out manoevered and at times out classed

watching it i was thinking to myself this bristol side is probably in terms of style the sort of thing that rowett is trying to move us towards

Raw power and pace up top , graft and mobility in midfield and then plenty of pace and trickery on the flanks - leko absolutely destroyed us all afternoon, was simply excellent, all held together by a couple of no nonesense centre halves at the back

is it lee johnson there in charge? Done a very good job.... but it hasnt happend overnight has it.

rowett needs time and a window or two where he isnt hamstrung by having to move players out to bring others in.

i read somewhere this summer 10 players are out of contract ... thats when i expect to see big changes

This.

Back in Jan onwards this year, when bile reached epic levels on OTIB and you soon took your leave (don't blame you mate) I read post after post criticising the club from many a poster along the likes of "what is it you see that we don't?" Or "Give me one positive" etc etc. 

This stability was what I hoped for then and why I defended the club throughout Jan and Feb and into March.

As I've said already recently, no getting carried away yet, but I feel we are in a stronger position right now as a club for sticking with the set up and not having to start building all over again in summer with a new manager. As Birmingham did, as Sunderland did.

This unforgiving league have shown it doesn't care how big a club you are or how much you spend on players these days. You've got to be 'together', top to bottom.

15 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

How dare you!!! Spent half my life there, RAF, bought our first house there, worked there, 3 kids born there, like everywhere good and not so...bit like Bristol, some right dodgy areas in Bristol mind..

Right, see how brave you are!  Name the "right dodgy areas in Bristol" then. Then await the flak from residents of said areas!!

On 17/09/2017 at 12:46, Red Right Hand said:

Judging by their comments I`m surprised they weren`t all wandering round like zombies beating themselves with sticks and crying `woe is us`

Come on-a little 'self flagellation is good for the soul,and not necessarily in the religious sense.....and so many implement's for one to choose from!

3 minutes ago, SimonR said:

I assume by seedy you mean they could film a remake of Deliverance without and make up or special effects?

Well I've often heard the sound of banjos playing when the unmentionables are at home........

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Nice to see some decent and honest comments from Derby fans, giving us the credit that we deserved.. A far cry from the fans of Wolves and Reading who behaved for the most part like children having tantrums.

Indeed, some very reasonable ans realistic comments. It reminded me of otib..........some decent and insightful posts interspersed with the complete opposite.......

If I were a Derby fan I'd contribute on there with my usual insightful, constructive and sometimes controversial posts,

Archived