IGNORED

The next 3 games.... (League)

You Do The Dziekanowski

I don't want to get ambitious and I am still content with achieving a mid table season with no fear of the drop! 

But looking at the next 3 I can't help myself. 

Ipswich - W

They have beat teams who I expect to be challenging at the bottom with the exception of Brentford and lossed against mid table play off teams, a winnable game IMO.

Bolton - W 

Bolton seem to be the Rotherham of last season with all due respect, wonderful achievement getting promoted last season on a budget lower than my bank account, but they will struggle massively. (This will bite my arse!) 

Norwich - D/L 

They are the strongest of the 3 and we play them last which is less than ideal, my heart says Draw 1-1 but my head says a 2-1 loss. 

Thoughts and predictions?

59 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Music to my ears. nothing lasts forever

Our failure to win away at Wolves since 1931 does!

(There is still a tiny part of me that wants us to not manage/have the chance until the exact day of the 100 year anniversary- a Friday (I'm sad enough that I checked) and then we end the hoodoo in a televised Friday night match, precisely 100 years to the day of our last win at Molineux)

2 hours ago, Malago said:

Draw at Norwich, beat Bolton, lose to Ipswich is my prediction.  If we've won at Portman Road in the last 50 years, I can't remember it.

We won't have tomlin playing v Ipswich this time, so we've got a chance. I can honestly say his performance away at Ipswich last season made it 10 players v 12. I think he passed the ball to their defensive mid more than their own defence did. He had 2 decent away matches last season against Fulham and wolves. In the rest he was average at best. Against Ipswich and villa he was utterly appalling 

7 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Our failure to win away at Wolves since 1931 does!

(There is still a tiny part of me that wants us to not manage/have the chance until the exact day of the 100 year anniversary- a Friday (I'm sad enough that I checked) and then we end the hoodoo in a televised Friday night match, precisely 100 years to the day of our last win at Molineux)

Blimey!

8 hours ago, Malago said:

Draw at Norwich, beat Bolton, lose to Ipswich is my prediction.  If we've won at Portman Road in the last 50 years, I can't remember it.

I was at Portman Road in 1979 ( pretty sure that was the year) when we beat Ipswich 1-0 by, I think, a Tom Ritchie penalty,.....but yeah, a long, long time ago!

9 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I don't want to get ambitious and I am still content with achieving a mid table season with no fear of the drop! 

But looking at the next 3 I can't help myself. 

Ipswich - W

They have beat teams who I expect to be challenging at the bottom with the exception of Brentford and lossed against mid table play off teams, a winnable game IMO.

Bolton - W 

Bolton seem to be the Rotherham of last season with all due respect, wonderful achievement getting promoted last season on a budget lower than my bank account, but they will struggle massively. (This will bite my arse!) 

Norwich - D/L 

They are the strongest of the 3 and we play them last which is less than ideal, my heart says Draw 1-1 but my head says a 2-1 loss. 

Thoughts and predictions?

Don't we have Norwich first, then Ipswich last week of September?

Lose to Norwich, beat Bolton, draw with Ipswich - my prediction.

That would take us to 17 points from 11 games, and probably leave us no lower than about 12th/13th with a game shy of a quarter of the season gone - a very decent return.

And if we could repeat that the next quarter, and not collapse for months like we did last season, the we'd be on course for the sort of 'solid midtable' season many of us would have hoped for.

I still think that the recent results as even more impressive in light of the injuries and changes we've made; we really do look to have a 'squad' this season, which gives me hope we can sustain form even if key players tire or are out through injury or suspension.

Roll on Tuesday and a 'free hit' against a Premiership team and another opportunity to show the depth of the squad.

Interesting isn't it. 

It's very hard not to be positive following yesterday's football. 

Norwich are hit and miss. 

Bolton look already relegated. 

And I can't help but think Ipswich are probably punching above their weight. 

I'm not going to try and predict. Oh **** it, I'd like 5 or 6 points.

Archived