IGNORED

Keogh and LJ

'Orns

Two incidents today that made me wonder if there are issues between the two, were they in the same squad at the same time?

Both during the first half, before the Vydra dive (the cheating ****), RK made out that he was going to blast the ball at LJ from close distance, but pulled out at last minute. Not long after the Vydra peno (the cheating ****) he appeared to slap the Derby badge on his shirt a little vigorously in LJs direction

Or have I had one Thatchers too many and thinking too much about it?

19,500 in the ground, bet I'm the only one who spotted either incident!

9 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Two incidents today that made me wonder if there are issues between the two, were they in the same squad at the same time?

Both during the first half, before the Vydra dive (the cheating ****), RK made out that he was going to blast the ball at LJ from close distance, but pulled out at last minute. Not long after the Vydra peno (the cheating ****) he appeared to slap the Derby badge on his shirt a little vigorously in LJs direction

Didn't see that at all, interesting though. Keogh is a bad, slow ***** either way.

7 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I do like posts like this; excellent spot (if, indeed, you hadn't had one too many Thatchers). Little things that people see when everyone else is looking the other way. Was Keogh slapping his badge after he looked like a sloth sticking a foot out tripping J Leko for our pen? He always was a bit slow (Keogh, not Leko; it's doubtful he's ever been slow) and to be confronted by those dancing feet... Mind most of us would've been bamboozled, I was just watching it, but to see Keogh painfully slowly go one way then t'other... Triffic.

29 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

More about his dads treatment of Keogh i would think..

what offering a young centre back a two year contract (that he refused to sign) who was kept out of the side by more established players (Jamie McCombe and Louis Carey)? yea really bad treatment that

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

what offering a young centre back a two year contract (that he refused to sign) who was kept out of the side by more established players (Jamie McCombe and Louis Carey)? yea really bad treatment that

IIRC - he left because he believed wasn't given enough of a chance in terms of First Team starts

He won the young player award IIRC  - but left not long after

Sure he made some comments to this effect when he left

Sticking my neck out here but I quite like Keogh. Many reports of him keeping it real when he was here, living in 'digs' and travelling to games/training on a bus and happy to be a 'normal' person. Wasn't he shoved around the dude a bit, played out of position which made him struggle. He did go on to better things than we did at the time. 

To be honest I didn't notice him yesterday as their player or our ex player, not much of a reception or boos which is unusual

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Sticking my neck out here but I quite like Keogh. Many reports of him keeping it real when he was here, living in 'digs' and travelling to games/training on a bus and happy to be a 'normal' person. Wasn't he shoved around the dude a bit, played out of position which made him struggle. He did go on to better things than we did at the time. 

To be honest I didn't notice him yesterday as their player or our ex player, not much of a reception or boos which is unusual

Agree M

Wholehearted and has played Internationally so no mug !

For most of his career since he left we would have jumped at the chance to have him back in our side

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Agreed. He was only young when he was here anyway and I doubt he holds a grudge with LJ about selection issues a decade ago.

Thought he was a good player at the time and gone on to have a good career. I remember his friendship with Noble - particularly those sozzled interviews on the victory boat tour in 2007. Pair of likeable pissheads.

Noble is one of the biggest wastes of talent I've seen at this club.. but that's another topic altogether. Fantastically talented player.

8 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Don't think you can be that harsh on Vydra if you celebrated Leko diving to win a pen?

21 minutes ago, Robin Goch said:

Don't think you can be that harsh on Vydra if you celebrated Leko diving to win a pen?

At least there was some contact on Leko, from the video I saw. I had a clear view in Vydra, he was going down before Frankie got there

But, yeah, two soft pens. Aren't they all nowadays?

4 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I can remember speaking to Keogh and David Noble on regular occasions in Java on a Saturday night 

Both were always well oiled and neither very complimentry about Johnson . At the time Johnson was a regular when many of us fans thought Noble should have been starting more 

Noble, despite his ability, was bitter about the fact that LJ was ahead of him in the team. 

Perhaps the fact that he was out in town, pissed of his face, regularly, while LJ was at home, maybe investing in his property portfolio, is the reason that Noble pissed his career away and LJ has gone to have an increasingly impressive career at a higher level. 

And a property portfolio which I'd guess is worth millions!

7 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

At least there was some contact on Leko, from the video I saw. I had a clear view in Vydra, he was going down before Frankie got there

I must say I thought theirs was nailed on, just going on players reaction and in particular Frankie's

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Noble, despite his ability, was bitter about the fact that LJ was ahead of him in the team. 

Perhaps the fact that he was out in town, pissed of his face, regularly, while LJ was at home, maybe investing in his property portfolio, is the reason that Noble pissed his career away and LJ has gone to have an increasingly impressive career at a higher level. 

And a property portfolio which I'd guess is worth millions!

Couldn't agree more 

Noble and Keogh were always smashed. And in my opinion it was Nobles social life that cost him progressing to a higher standard. He certainly had the ability 

Makes me wonder if it's the reason Freeman and Ayling were shipped out. Although can honestly say I never seen them in the same state as what Keogh and Noble used to get in....I would often see these to in Pam Pams up in Clifton. Ayling was always wasted. 

18 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Both were pens with contact - not huge amounts but enough. I had a great view of the their one and if Frankie hadn't of dived in, their lad was going away from goal and wouldn't have scored. Just stupid really and you can see from his reaction too - he knew it.

15 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Both were pens with contact - not huge amounts but enough. I had a great view of the their one and if Frankie hadn't of dived in, their lad was going away from goal and wouldn't have scored. Just stupid really and you can see from his reaction too - he knew it.

Agree

He (Vydra) left his trailing foot in to ensure contact and 'win' the penalty

Frankie was annoyed with himself as he gave him the opportunity / invitation 

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree

He (Vydra) left his trailing foot in to ensure contact and 'win' the penalty

Frankie was annoyed with himself as he gave him the opportunity / invitation 

The cheating smarmy****  defiantly was going down before he got touched sat right behind it and don't feel leko went down until contact made 

6 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Leko's was right in front of me and it was a blatant dive. If that was an opposition player we'd be hounding him out as a cheat. Unfortunately it just shows the way our game is going with penalties being given for both these incidents. 

Archived