IGNORED

Pitch Invader

Septic Peg

Madness though really !!! 

:laughcont:

A ban and possible conviction (Hope common sense prevailed on this 'vey minor' occasion)

Some of us may have been similarly over excited in our youth :whistle: but rarely resulted in arrests or bans back then

I notice it's becoming a trend again - Villa fans spilling on the pitch at Barnsley yesterday for example

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Madness though really !!! 

:laughcont:

A ban and possible conviction (Hope common sense prevailed on this 'vey minor' occasion)

Some of us may have been similarly over excited in our youth :whistle: but rarely resulted in arrests or bans back then

I notice it's becoming a trend again - Villa fans spilling on the pitch at Barnsley yesterday for example

Does that count as a ban? ******* hell.

8 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Haven't seen any posts on the fella who vaulted from the SS into the disabled section and then over the ad boards and celebrated with the lads when Bob scored...

Anyone knew who he was? 

Video from our own @Tim S (watch the bottom left screen)

My foster son is in that video. No he is definitely not the one on the pitch! 

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Does that count as a ban? ******* hell.

Worse than that - it's a criminal offence !!!!!

(Hope some common sense was used here but I'd bet on a ban at least)

@Mkelly are you able to clarify what happens in this instance / club policy (Though Tbf I can guess what it is)

Can't imagine the authorities will come down too hard on him this time.

I don't think a pitch invasion always ends in a stadium ban, if it does, isn't it something like 3 years plus a fine, obviously depending on the incident?

Remember the fan the West Ham fan who ran across the pitch at Upton Park and took a free kick a few years ago?  He avoided a ban and was fined £300. 

Nothing more than over exuberance - he didn't even go on the field of play as far as I can see.

At the very worst ejection from the ground with a warning.

Really no harm done - to ban an enthusiastic fan for getting carried away in the joy of the moment would be just spiteful.

5 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

..and if it had been a Derby fan when they scored I hope all the comments would have been equally liberal.

But would they?

Doing nothing more than getting carried away and celebrating with his own players, and, as far as I could see, not even going on the field of play?

Yes, I think they would.

11 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

..and if it had been a Derby fan when they scored I hope all the comments would have been equally liberal.

But would they?

I've seen various sets of fans doing similar things from the Atyeo, as recently as the Villa game IIRC?, with the advertising boards being pushed over to get to the edge of the pitch, didn't hear too much fuss about it then?

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I've seen various sets of fans doing similar things from the Atyeo, as recently as the Villa game IIRC?, with the advertising boards being pushed over to get to the edge of the pitch, didn't hear too much fuss about it then?

And even if there was this was very different. This was a single person who didn't cause any damage as opposed to Villa which was probably 20 people who could have damaged the advertising boads while falling over them. What Villa did could have escalated what this bloke did was never going to be more than a hug and a bounce for Bobby.

13 minutes ago, Mkelly said:

Fan was ejected.  Reported to police (criminal offense) and will be banned.

Similar to flares, the club can be fined for each incident.

Thanks for / good to clarify Mike

You are sure to get lots of criticism of being OTT but I can understand that the Club are not allowed to 'turn' a blind eye for numerous reasons , however brutal it looks in this scenario

And if ignored one becomes two becomes six ......

( And  I speak as somebody who when younger may have  got overvexcited at football , and been on pitches, albeit before it became an offence )

Would guess , in the circumstances the lad is likely to get a caution from the Police 

There is also a confusion on here that some pointed out he didn't go 'on the pitch' - Perhaps a good time / opportunity  to clarify that the offence is committed on pitch and surrounds ? (I.e. If you get over a wall / hoarding you are I the 'red zone' ? (as is my understanding)  ? ( Or anywhere on the grass basically ?)

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

There is also a confusion on here that some pointed out he didn't go 'on the pitch' - Perhaps a good time / opportunity  to clarify that the offence is committed on pitch and surrounds ? (I.e. If you get over a wall / hoarding you are I the 'red zone' ? (as is my understanding)  ? ( Or anywhere on the grass basically ?)

I've always heard the offence was going on the field of play, but you could be right Bob.

In which case numerous away fans  must have suffered a similar fate at AG recently - e.g. Brum & Villa - but I haven't heard anything about arrests and bans arising from those incidents.

I've no doubt some clubs do 'turn a blind eye' to incidents like yesterday btw., with stewards simply returning the over excited fan to the stand.

I've seen it numerous times on TV.

34 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I've always heard the offence was going on the field of play, but you could be right Bob.

In which case numerous away fans  must have suffered a similar fate at AG recently - e.g. Brum & Villa - but I haven't heard anything about arrests and bans arising from those incidents.

I've no doubt some clubs do 'turn a blind eye' to incidents like yesterday btw., with stewards simply returning the over excited fan to the stand.

I've seen it numerous times on TV.

Agree with your comments Nogs

I think the actual phrase is if you 'enter the playing area'  (or very similar)

(Also applies at cricket etc so not just football)

As I said a good chance for @Mkelly to clarify and make clear

I think th lads problem yesterday was he jumped on the pitch about 3 yards away from, and right in front of a Steward Supervisor !!! 

Archived