IGNORED

Pitch Invader

Septic Peg

Myself and another officer dealt with this male.

he was ejected and admitted to jumping on the playing area as a result of a bet!

he has been reported whereby a file will be completed for a decision to be made on further court prosecution/ caution etc. 

The club have instigated a club ban until that decision is made and then no doubt will discuss further with the male concerned.

pitch incursions like this can be reported by the referee to the league , not sure at this early stage if that has happened 

there were armed police in the area yesterday as result of the increased security threat in the uk, there is no specific intelligence re any attack on football matches, it is just a case of high visible policing in an area of crowds whilst the threat is at critical. 

The officers were very impressed with the stadium and how friendly you lot are!! they are tri force so not all Avon and Somerset based. 

5 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Can't imagine the authorities will come down too hard on him this time.

I don't think a pitch invasion always ends in a stadium ban, if it does, isn't it something like 3 years plus a fine, obviously depending on the incident?

Remember the fan the West Ham fan who ran across the pitch at Upton Park and took a free kick a few years ago?  He avoided a ban and was fined £300. 

Yes, but that was because a goal for West Ham resulted from his free-kick. 

Too harsh for me, just a young lad who's probs had one too many shandys and got a bit over excited, surely a rap on the knuckles with a strong word in his ear could suffice this time.

what happens when we get promoted, by the sounds of things we will have 6000 at our opening game in the premier league or would I naively be thinking that everybody would get away with it because it would cost the club too much in revenue to ban everyone...what's good for one and all that 

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

How about this for rank stupidity and dangerous behaviour and also considering the recent events on the tube at Parsons Green London, where does shit rank?.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-smoke-bomb-train-13632203

Clearly someone is going to do time for that. And rightly so.

What a ****.

Bantz my arse.

13 minutes ago, JulieH said:

there were armed police in the area yesterday as result of the increased security threat in the uk, there is no specific intelligence re any attack on football matches, it is just a case of high visible policing in an area of crowds whilst the threat is at critical. 

Armed police if needed while the threat is critical . Six pack being openly drank in the Family stand and others saying pints being taken into the stands.  Not very good by our stewards 

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

The wording of the legislation...

"It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove)."

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1991/19/section/4

If Bobby Reid scoring a penalty isn't "lawful excuse"....

"Free the South Stand One" campaign starts here. :whistle:

2 hours ago, shelts said:

Armed police if needed while the threat is critical . Six pack being openly drank in the Family stand and others saying pints being taken into the stands.  Not very good by our stewards 

I went to the rugby today, given a tag after a bag search, the first time ever I have been bag searched at rugby, I'm not objecting just making it clear. The steward noticed a purple and white striped tag on my bag and commented that was from yesterday. I said no, I wasn't search yesterday this was from the Villa match a few weeks ago. The steward was horrified I wasn't searched but said they were really busy yesterday.

8 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Can't imagine the authorities will come down too hard on him this time.

I don't think a pitch invasion always ends in a stadium ban, if it does, isn't it something like 3 years plus a fine, obviously depending on the incident?

Remember the fan the West Ham fan who ran across the pitch at Upton Park and took a free kick a few years ago?  He avoided a ban and was fined £300. 

that lad could take a good free kick if I remember correctly- he actually got it on target whereas Christian Eriksen completely missed it!

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

I went to the rugby today, given a tag after a bag search, the first time ever I have been bag searched at rugby, I'm not objecting just making it clear. The steward noticed a purple and white striped tag on my bag and commented that was from yesterday. I said no, I wasn't search yesterday this was from the Villa match a few weeks ago. The steward was horrified I wasn't searched but said they were really busy yesterday.

The Club would be horrified as well. They have a duty to keep us all as safe as possible , obviously mistakes happen and people can be clever . Worried times . 

3 hours ago, shelts said:

Sorry...who was drinking six packs...stewards or armed police?

Worrying times.

4 hours ago, JulieH said:

Myself and another officer dealt with this male.

he was ejected and admitted to jumping on the playing area as a result of a bet!

he has been reported whereby a file will be completed for a decision to be made on further court prosecution/ caution etc. 

The club have instigated a club ban until that decision is made and then no doubt will discuss further with the male concerned.

pitch incursions like this can be reported by the referee to the league , not sure at this early stage if that has happened 

The officers were very impressed with the stadium and how friendly you lot are!! they are tri force so not all Avon and Somerset based. 

And credit to them too we had a chat and they came across very good 

and a big thanks for keeping us safe 

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

Sorry...who was drinking six packs...stewards or armed police?

Worrying times.

The country is on the highest threat level with armed police patrolling the Gate.  Stewards are not checking bags if cans of cider are making their way onto the Family stand, to make matters worse drinking is happening around the ground and no stewards are vigilant enough to see this 

Archived