IGNORED

Pitch Invader

Septic Peg

@JulieH in the interest of clarity are we allowed to know the age of this individual as I keep seeing him referred to as a kid. A rough age will do please so people can judge if he was 'old enough to know better'

And yes I agree if it's the law, it's the law. Would people be sympathising with him if he had hurt a player bet or no bet? 

The only pitch invader I have ever enjoyed ( except for promotion / playoff celebrations which are different) is Bradley Orr's 'streaker' cousin, he obviously knew him and it was funny.

From a selfish point of view I like to see our players celebrating with each other, and interacting with the crowd. I don't want to see some random bloke/teen/kid involved because he choses too. I expect we'd all like to give players a hug or a pat on the back but we don't stupidly do it as we know and abide by the rules.

And yes of course the club can ban him if they wish. The club is on private land and they can easily decide who they let in or not, it's not your right to attend a football match. 

Its the thin edge of the wedge though isn't it? This week its one person, if nothing is done then next week there will be six people doing it, the week after 20 people and one with a suicide vest. Yes I know that is a very extreme example just to make a point,  but in this day and age the risks are there for all to see on the news even if people think the risks are small.  

18 hours ago, JulieH said:

there were armed police in the area yesterday as result of the increased security threat in the uk, there is no specific intelligence re any attack on football matches, it is just a case of high visible policing in an area of crowds whilst the threat is at critical. 

The officers were very impressed with the stadium and how friendly you lot are!! they are tri force so not all Avon and Somerset based. 

I was very reassured to see armed officers patrolling the route of the Bristol Half Marathon yesterday. As I toiled up the steep hill on Broad Weir after 11 miles of running, I did ask one of them to put me out of my misery and shoot me, but he just laughed :-) 

18 hours ago, JulieH said:

there were armed police in the area yesterday as result of the increased security threat in the uk

Yet your fellow staff at the HQ felt the need to blow up a suspect package at 6.50am on Saturday scaring most of the residents who suffer living next to the least considerate neighbours in North Somerset..

You can disagree with the rules whilst understanding the consequences of breaking them.  Where would any leniency end, on the pitch 10 yards in, not going near a player?  We all get annoyed with the refs not applying rules consistently so why is this different?

I would hope as far as criminal charges are concerned then the 'nature' of encroachment is sensibly taken into account. 

All I can say is the lad can't have much excitement in his life if bouncing on the pitch 50 minutes into a game against Derby is worth this hassle.

Quite ridiculous really, when you think about it,the fan did exactly what the players did all hugged each other celebrating.

But because he's a fan and came from the stand.. he's ejected, banned and possibly arrested. 

Surely when an individual is given a banning order it means they are a risk to society, how is this bloke?

Okay the chap who ran on, should of remained in the stand but we've all got over excited from time to time. 

The state of modern football shining through again. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I wonder if also, because of the pyro stuff earler in the season- the club are taking a harder line than others, so the FA don't come down harder, to risk further negative views and latterly punishment down the line?

100% yes, we've been warned after the 3rd game of the season, I expect us to be fined after "the Bet" now with failure to control the crowd or whatever the football league call it,

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

If you run into the pitch holding a lit flare, would two wrongs make a right and cancel each other out? Asking for a friend. 

Tell your friend the defence in court would be "I bravely wrestled this dangerous lit flare off of a thug and decided that I had to keep the stadium and the people in the stadium safe, so I jumped over the barrier all of the time shouting at the police, stewards, officials and players, who were chasing me whilst the Benny Hill theme blared out over the PA system, leave me alone I am taking this dangerous flare to the centre spot where it can be safely extinguished, your'e welcome".

On 17/09/2017 at 10:51, Mkelly said:

Fan was ejected.  Reported to police (criminal offense) and will be banned.

Similar to flares, the club can be fined for each incident.

Absolutely ludicrous. The world's gone f*cking barmy. Honestly, why can this not be seen like the rest of us can see it. A silly mistake by a over excited fan, who just wanted to celebrate his team scoring a goal? 

Genuinely disappointed by this outcome, not because I know the guy, because I don't, but because it shows we can't have any decency and show some common sense from time to time FFS. 

Unbelievable. 

4 minutes ago, Akira said:

Absolutely ludicrous. The world's gone f*cking barmy. Honestly, why can this not be seen like the rest of us can see it. A silly mistake by a over excited fan, who just wanted to celebrate his team scoring a goal? 

Genuinely disappointed by this outcome, not because I know the guy, because I don't, but because it shows we can't have any decency and show some common sense from time to time FFS. 

Unbelievable. 

Just to repeat, this has nothing to do with the club and everything to do with the law of the land and the police + now probably the CPS, the clubs hands are tied.

Archived