IGNORED

Pitch Invader

Septic Peg

11 minutes ago, Akira said:

Absolutely ludicrous. The world's gone f*cking barmy. Honestly, why can this not be seen like the rest of us can see it. A silly mistake by a over excited fan, who just wanted to celebrate his team scoring a goal?

If he genuinely told the police that it was for a bet as per @JulieH's post, it was a bit more than over-exuberant joy.

13 minutes ago, Akira said:

Unbelievable. 

It's been mentioned previously that it was very much pre-planned and done as a bet. As far as I can see, anyone who does that does so in the full knowledge of the consequences that may befall them. 

The only thing I find unbelievable is that there is such a rush to defend him. 

27 minutes ago, Akira said:

Absolutely ludicrous. The world's gone f*cking barmy. Honestly, why can this not be seen like the rest of us can see it. A silly mistake by a over excited fan, who just wanted to celebrate his team scoring a goal? 

Genuinely disappointed by this outcome, not because I know the guy, because I don't, but because it shows we can't have any decency and show some common sense from time to time FFS. 

Unbelievable. 

he broke the law and did it for a bet, he's only himself to blame I'm afraid, the club will ban him until the outcome of the charge by the CPS is sorted, thats standard practice these days, only once thats been settled will the club decide what to do, 

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

At the point it was revealed he'd done it for a bet any chance of sympathy dissapeared for me 

whatever he gets so be it

Does that mean that he agreed to break the law in exchange for money?

Or was it a forfeit? You know, for example, whoever loses the next game of cards has to do something silly like run on the pitch and celebrate the next goal at Ashton Gate (by the South Stand). 

4 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Just to repeat, this has nothing to do with the club and everything to do with the law of the land and the police + now probably the CPS, the clubs hands are tied.

Yeah, I totally understand that. But the outcome, is still crazy. Surely the video evidence suggests that a warning would suffice?nothing malicious whatsoever. 

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

It's been mentioned previously that it was very much pre-planned and done as a bet. As far as I can see, anyone who does that does so in the full knowledge of the consequences that may befall them. 

The only thing I find unbelievable is that there is such a rush to defend him. 

Ah. 

Seems I may have missed this part. If that's the case, then yeah, you're an idiot and deserve everything you get. 

But the point remains, if this was say, a fan excited, or whatever, then the punishment still doesn't seem to fit the 'crime'. 

34 minutes ago, Akira said:

Yeah, I totally understand that. But the outcome, is still crazy. Surely the video evidence suggests that a warning would suffice?nothing malicious whatsoever. 

I agree but it is difficult these days to decide what the police especially A & S decide what in fact constitutes a crime, the criteria seems to be does it need any investigation? if it's yes then usually it's no crime, so this doesn't bode well.

5 hours ago, leadman said:

petition to get this kid back I say.

Disagree.

The attitude of “the system” against football fans is terrible so as it stands they will want to make an example but a bit of humanity accepting it as stupidity may prevail.

A petition signed by a couple of hundred fans could be seen by these types of people as a load of trouble makers protecting their guy so he and they are free to do it again.

I know what I’m trying to say but can’t put the sentence together so hopefully another will see my point and put it across better !!

5 hours ago, leadman said:

petition to get this kid back I say.

And make him a 'hero' no doubt? I disagree. This 'kid' is over 18, an adult old enough to vote and go to war etc. What he did was stupid which could land him with a criminal record, which I do think is harsh but rules are rules and he knew them and chose to break them for a bet.

i wonder if people would still be sympathetic if the club were to be docked points or face other restrictions because of his actions?

It's like the old saying my mum used to say to me when I'd done something silly. I'd say "well so and so did it/told me to do it" and my mum would reply "so if so and so told you to jump off the suspension bridge, would you do it?" As in its not an argument that can stand up. 

If there are extenuating circumstances, as in the guy who threw the flare on the pitch, to get it away from his son, then things get looked at by the club I'm sure, but if he's gonna do what he did, and then admit he had done it for a bet, he's only got himself to blame sorry. 

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 18:12, Rob k said:

So as I've said earlier - why Do people not get banned for pitch invasions at end of season

why is that ok?

Its not ok, every season we get told not to do it. However I guess its easier to nab one bloke and ban him than to nab all the invaders at the end of the season

The basic truth is it's out of the clubs hands.

As others have said, stated, it's the system. The club are doing as they have to- no more, no less. Hopefully the judge or police or whoever will show a bit of leniency, however I don't know how the club can influence that.

Now, he did end in Court- however the judge only handed down a fine. Even had a bit of a laugh about it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2740633/West-Ham-fan-ran-Upton-Park-pitch-free-kick-vs-Tottenham-escapes-football-ban.html

Can't see this case being dealt with so leniently though, if the SAG down here are anything to go by.

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

The basic truth is it's out of the clubs hands.

As others have said, stated, it's the system. The club are doing as they have to- no more, no less. Hopefully the judge or police or whoever will show a bit of leniency, however I don't know how the club can influence that.

Now, he did end in Court- however the judge only handed down a fine. Even had a bit of a laugh about it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2740633/West-Ham-fan-ran-Upton-Park-pitch-free-kick-vs-Tottenham-escapes-football-ban.html

Can't see this case being dealt with so leniently though, if the SAG down here are anything to go by.

Sadly the rate of charges to arrests in the A&S area is MASSIVELY excessive comparred to the rest of the country, have a bad feeling for the lad

On 18/09/2017 at 09:30, Red Army 75 said:

Also going back to the armed police. I had a chat with one of them. Really friendly bloke. I asked if I could hold his weapon. He unfortunately declined. Half of this post is true 

The reason that your request was declined, as I told you at the time, is I'm really not an armed police officer.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

It's like the old saying my mum used to say to me when I'd done something silly. I'd say "well so and so did it/told me to do it" and my mum would reply "so if so and so told you to jump off the suspension bridge, would you do it?" As in its not an argument that can stand up. 

Brilliant - I bet we've ALL been told that in the past! 

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sadly the rate of charges to arrests in the A&S area is MASSIVELY excessive comparred to the rest of the country, have a bad feeling for the lad

he'll get a slap on the wrist for it Phantom, it's what the club does after that will be interesting 

Archived