IGNORED

Pitch Invader

Septic Peg

44 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

That is ridiculous. 

This must be the one negative from what was a massively good day. 

It's not ridiculous - everyone knows the rules and the consequences. I don't view it as a negative at all. Celebrate with your fellow reds in the stands. What would be your attitude if it was a Derby Fan running on and attacking a player? In these times, you just don't know what might happen when someone goes on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Hellfire Corner said:

It's not ridiculous - everyone knows the rules and the consequences. I don't view it as a negative at all. Celebrate with your fellow reds in the stands. What would be your attitude if it was a Derby Fan running on and attacking a player? In these times, you just don't know what might happen when someone goes on the pitch.

Are you seriously comparing a young City fan celebrating a goal with a Derby fan attacking a player :blink:

Maybe some intuitive Club could have a softly cushioned 'buffer zone area between the stands and the playing surrounds , where in that moment of jubilation fans can bounce around , roll on their backs , or do cartwheels without problems or committing an offence

:laughcont:

(All joking aside watch some German Club try it ! :laughcont:)

The age of criminal responsibility in England is 10.

I've seen groups of kids regularly charging forward from the family enclosure in front of the Dolman a few years ago to celebrate with a player, and more than once 2 or 3 ending up pitch side. They got carried away, a bit out of control in their utter jubilation, but no harm done, exactly like yesterday.

@Mkelly Would City really now ban 10 year olds for similar over excited encroachment to yesterdays over enthusiast - if not, why not?

Would the clubs' response have been so draconian if the offender yesterday had been an 11 year old girl for instance?

4 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I would say you have. 

If any fan had run on the pitch, City or Derby fan, and attacked a player I'd hope they would never set foot inside a football stadium again. 

However yesterday's scenario is so far away from what you have put forward that they shouldn't be treated the same. 

A fan on the pitch is a bannable offence regardless of what he/she has done. Everyone knows that they will get banned if they go onto the pitch. Attacking a player would be a further offence with hopefully a long prison sentence at the end - and a lifetime ban.

I'm not comparing celebrating a goal and attacking someone,  just saying that you don't know what someone might do if they enter the field of play. Stay off and you won't be banned.

3 minutes ago, Hellfire Corner said:

A fan on the pitch is a bannable offence regardless of what he/she has done. Everyone knows that they will get banned if they go onto the pitch. Attacking a player would be a further offence with hopefully a long prison sentence at the end - and a lifetime ban.

I'm not comparing celebrating a goal and attacking someone,  just saying that you don't know what someone might do if they enter the field of play. Stay off and you won't be banned.

How many people that go on the pitch end up being banned, 1/2%. If it's for a celebration common sense should prevail. 

If it's a repeated offender then fair enough but for a moment of sheer joy it's complete overreaction to pass them onto the police to be charged and subsequently banned. 

I'm not sure what else the Club could do / say.

If they did let the lad off with a slap on the wrist, it would encourage him/others to do it again.

Once it happens more regularly, the Club then has to crack down and make an example of someone, which would be less than fair.

Its much fairer to lay down the rules and apply them consistently for all.

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Nothing more than over exuberance - he didn't even go on the field of play as far as I can see.

At the very worst ejection from the ground with a warning.

Really no harm done - to ban an enthusiastic fan for getting carried away in the joy of the moment would be just spiteful.

While I do agree with the point you're making, the club has got their hands tied.

A mere slap on the wrist for this and soon you'll get dozens of people doing it, the fines to the club will get larger and larger and it'll become a genuine problem.

The geezer didn't adversely affect the game in any way, so I hope any ban will be short, but while we have to live with rules drawn up by football-hating MPs who treat every fan as a childlike wanquer ready to go off the rails at any time, and the stuffy old placemen at the FA endorsing this approach, the club has little choice but to act.

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

While I do agree with the point you're making, the club has got their hands tied.

A mere slap on the wrist for this and soon you'll get dozens of people doing it, the fines to the club will get larger and larger and it'll become a genuine problem.

The geezer didn't adversely affect the game in any way, so I hope any ban will be short, but while we have to live with rules drawn up by football-hating MPs who treat every fan as a childlike wanquer ready to go off the rails at any time, and the stuffy old placemen at the FA endorsing this approach, the club has little choice but to act.

I agree it's not as if it was akin to this tit.

Unfortunately the day will come when a idiot does something serious to a player.

This is exactly why they have to take this stuff seriously. Yes we all know on this occasion it was nothing but that's not the point.

And it did seem odd to come on after a penalty was scored - I find these, unless scored at the end, the least exciting way of scoring due to how predictable it is?!

3 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Fan was ejected.  Reported to police (criminal offense) and will be banned.

Similar to flares, the club can be fined for each incident.

Oh well done, you must have plenty of video evidence of all those Villa fans from the last game, will they be banned if/when we play them next season? haven't you got anything better to worry about?

12 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Unfortunately the day will come when a idiot does something serious to a player.

This is exactly why they have to take this stuff seriously. Yes we all know on this occasion it was nothing but that's not the point.

And it did seem odd to come on after a penalty was scored - I find these, unless scored at the end, the least exciting way of scoring due to how predictable it is?!

But that idiot isn't not going to do it because he's worried about getting banned is he? Banning people for getting over excited is not going to stop morons doing more serious things!

It's a stupid thing to do, because unfortunately like smoke/flares, in this day and age you're just not going to get away with it. But you'd think a little common sense would prevail.

5 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

But that idiot isn't not going to do it because he's worried about getting banned is he? Banning people for getting over excited is not going to stop morons doing more serious things!

It's a stupid thing to do, because unfortunately like smoke/flares, in this day and age you're just not going to get away with it. But you'd think a little common sense would prevail.

I think you will find like Red-Robbo said the club's hands are tied, I think i'm right in saying that it constitutes an absolute offence (The prosecution only needs to show that the accused performed the prohibited act).

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Worse than that - it's a criminal offence !!!!!

(Hope some common sense was used here but I'd bet on a ban at least)

@Mkelly are you able to clarify what happens in this instance / club policy (Though Tbf I can guess what it is)

...easiest way to deal with these situations would be to get Frankie to kick 'em out!  Never fails,. they certainly wouldn't be ON the pitch for long.. :) 

The wording of the legislation...

"It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove)."

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1991/19/section/4

3 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Yes I'm guilty of knee sliding across the carpet from time to time.. That's what I tell the Mrs anyway when she asks why I have carpet burn on my knees anyway :whistle:

That's what my wife tells me when I enquiry about the state of her knees too...

...odd thing is though, she doesn't even like football?

21 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I think you will find like Red-Robbo said the club's hands are tied, I think i'm right in saying that it constitutes an absolute offence (The prosecution only needs to show that the accused performed the prohibited act).

Also as Mike Kelly has said, the club can also find themselves in trouble. We are already on a warning regarding the flares and this incident will also not put us in a good light  with the Football Authoriti

51 minutes ago, harrys said:

Oh well done, you must have plenty of video evidence of all those Villa fans from the last game, will they be banned if/when we play them next season? haven't you got anything better to worry about?

He'll be towing the clubs line. It won't be his decision you silly sausage. 

If you enter the pitch, you take your chance. 

Archived