IGNORED

Red v Blue day

22A

Today two London teams play one another as do two teams in the North West and Sky are making a big thing of this.

I'm sorry, but neither of these games have any relevance to me. Is my reasoning wrong, or do others feel the same way as me?

3 hours ago, 22A said:

Today two London teams play one another as do two teams in the North West and Sky are making a big thing of this.

I'm sorry, but neither of these games have any relevance to me. Is my reasoning wrong, or do others feel the same way as me?

If it's any consolation, I doubt the supporters of Chelsea, Arsenal, United or Everton give us a stuff about us either. 

7 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

So if you were on holiday somewhere you wouldn't consider taking in a local match? As a football fan, I certainly would (and have).

Difference is supporting a team on the other side of the world as your first team, at least thats how i take he meant it.

4 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

So if you were on holiday somewhere you wouldn't consider taking in a local match? As a football fan, I certainly would (and have).

I think it`s different if you`re abroad. I`ve done it just to experience what it`s like watching football in another country and to go to somewhere you wouldn`t normally go as a City fan like the San Siro but I can`t say I`ve really enjoyed any of the matches I`ve seen - admired the atmosphere and skill on show sure, but not enjoyed in the complete sense as there is always something missing.

It`s just not the same when you don`t care who wins.

2 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

Examples of tourists fans will be found at Bristol Temple Meads every Saturday morning.

Bristolians going to Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd etc

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think it`s different if you`re abroad. I`ve done it just to experience what it`s like watching football in another country and to go to somewhere you wouldn`t normally go as a City fan like the San Siro but I can`t say I`ve really enjoyed any of the matches I`ve seen - admired the atmosphere and skill on show sure, but not enjoyed in the complete sense as there is always something missing.

It`s just not the same when you don`t care who wins.

So you could argue, you don't actually  like football that much. 

But more you support city.

It's not the game itself that hooked you, but city.

I have loved every game I've taken in abroad, bar one which was the most boring 0-0 possible.

City will always be number 1, but it's quite easy to have affection for other sides, even more so if you move to a different  city.

To the point, one of them has started so terribly this season. Friends have agreed  to fly over and go to last game of season if it is to stay up.

Some people support a team.

Some live football 

Others do both.

5 minutes ago, The turtle said:

So you could argue, you don't actually  like football that much. 

But more you support city.

It's not the game itself that hooked you, but city.

I have loved every game I've taken in abroad, bar one which was the most boring 0-0 possible.

City will always be number 1, but it's quite easy to have affection for other sides, even more so if you move to a different  city.

To the point, one of them has started so terribly this season. Friends have agreed  to fly over and go to last game of season if it is to stay up.

Some people support a team.

Some live football 

Others do both.

**** me, that`s deep! Never really thought of it like that.

I think yes, I do love City and always will and can`t really work up an affection as you put it for anyone else. I don`t have a favourite `foreign` team like a lot do and never have had but will watch games on TV but tend to avoid the prem. I`ve never lived abroad either.

It`s just the void that`s left by not being totally behind your team that I find difficult, like I said, I can`t enjoy a match fully when I don`t care who wins.

9 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I think less and less each week the Prem means Anything to me. 

It's not just us either the actual fans are just sitting in neat rows waiting to applaud politely at the end.  I was out this afternoon, but put the radio on at 5.30pm to hear the commentator announce; "Less than 20 minutes to go here and it's as quiet as a cathedral".

Archived