IGNORED

Bobby Reid Contract

tinman85

Well Derrick Williams was a weird one. Signed a 3 year deal which didn't mention an extra year option and he was here for 4 seasons, well would have been anyway. So wouldn't be surprised if Brownhill has some sort of option we don't know about but I'd hope we'd be rewarding him and Bobby with fresh 3 year deals. They deserve it. 

14 minutes ago, O'Garlandinho said:

No player should get a goal bonus IMO

Interesting point. Each player gets paid to play in a team that win and it is a collective effort and each position is as important as any other. It could have a negative impact if its a large bonus because the strikers will go for goal or at it alone more often.

In the top two tiers though strikers seem to be the most sought after and as we know can be the difference in staying up. I remember years ago with the crazy gang there were some pretty big goal bonuses for that time and I believe it did help.

4 hours ago, O'Garlandinho said:

No player should get a goal bonus IMO

Frankie should. Might get him to keep his punts on the pitch. In fact, the lack of goals from City's keepers is a ****ing disgrace; when was the last (don't tell me it was Ray Cashley?)?

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Up there with family perhaps - his sister`s a London MP isn`t she?

Could mean he`s not playing Tuesday and has been given a couple of days off maybe.

Is this true. What is is her name?

Also I have just seen his middle name is Armani!!!!

What a player. Get him on a new contract now

25 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Frankie should. Might get him to keep his punts on the pitch. In fact, the lack of goals from City's keepers is a ****ing disgrace; when was the last (don't tell me it was Ray Cashley?)?

small steps, let's start with a "keep the ball on the pitch" bonus first

6 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Interesting point. Each player gets paid to play in a team that win and it is a collective effort and each position is as important as any other. It could have a negative impact if its a large bonus because the strikers will go for goal or at it alone more often.

In the top two tiers though strikers seem to be the most sought after and as we know can be the difference in staying up. I remember years ago with the crazy gang there were some pretty big goal bonuses for that time and I believe it did help.

Yes your first paragraph is the main reasoning behind my thinking here. Also strikers want to score goals regardless and I don't think a specific goal bonus would be an added incentive/motivation to do this.

The club will of course be wanting to sign him to a new deal now he has made this gigantic leap forward and come of age. He will undoubtedly get a notable contract improvement, but there will have been numerous clubs aware of his contract situation, so will have been asking. It would be very surprising if he does not stay however. If he carries on this level of improvement he will start interesting Prem clubs if not already. 

Archived