IGNORED

goal line tech

Antman

3 minutes ago, Antman said:

so the ref used the technology yesterday - good stuff

do the Refs have smart watches (iwatch) ? the article mentioned he looked at his watch.

since the dim witted lino didnt give it, how else did the Ref know?

the fourth official? Someone with a telly…

4 minutes ago, Antman said:

do the Refs have smart watches (iwatch) ? the article mentioned he looked at his watch.

The thing is, the lino is never gonna "give" it these days because they know goal-line technology is in use. If he sticks his flag up and it isn't in  he is going to look a bit stupid to say the least.

11 minutes ago, Antman said:

The Lino doesn't need to look for that anymore since the technology does it for him. They can keep their eye on what else is going on in the box.

I'm not one to offer sympathy to football officials but on this one you're a bit out of order to call him dim witted. 

I didn`t realise it had been used until after the game and didn`t they say it was the first time it had in the championship or was it just the first time at AG?

Knew the goal was in mind, it`s just one of those things you instinctively do know when you`ve been watching as long as we have, a bit like knowing someone`s handled the ball even when they`re up the other end of the pitch.

34 minutes ago, Antman said:

Wish we had it at Wolves last season! How many goals over the years can anyone think of where we were cheated by this. I can't actually think of many other than wolves

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I knew it was but I convinced myself they`d said first time in the championship and not just at AG. Obviously going deaf!

Anyone know when was the first time it was used?

I know the Hawkeye system was installed in the summer at the Gate. It uses mounted cameras I believe, good job it was all in place and working

Regardless of technology, lino should still have given it. It wasn't even a close-call. Ball was a long way over the line and the momentary pause between the clear and obvious goal, the lino not reacting, before the ref gave it, I was about to go effing spare!! 

25 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I didn`t realise it had been used until after the game and didn`t they say it was the first time it had in the championship or was it just the first time at AG?

Knew the goal was in mind, it`s just one of those things you instinctively do know when you`ve been watching as long as we have, a bit like knowing someone`s handled the ball even when they`re up the other end of the pitch.

Couldn't tell from where I was sitting, it was so fast…it was a tense few seconds before it was given. :city:

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Sorry to be pedantic but a flag across the chest indicates a penalty

Well that's what he did unless he was pointing to the half way line with his right hand in an urgent flap rather than changing to his left hand - I was looking right across at both him and the ref and it was very instantaneous action by both.

To be fair as this is new technology and normally a goal is obvious so no need to flag - what is a linesman supposed to do with this technology in terms of signal?

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

Well that's what he did unless he was pointing to the half way line with his right hand in an urgent flap rather than changing to his left hand - I was looking right across at both him and the ref and it was very instantaneous action by both.

To be fair as this is new technology and normally a goal is obvious so no need to flag - what is a linesman supposed to do with this technology in terms of signal?

I thought i seen him flag towards the half way line, might be wrong though

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I thought i seen him flag towards the half way line, might be wrong though

I thought I saw that too.

Edit, as I typed the above someone posted the evidence to show I was right, thank you 

26 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Wish we had it at Wolves last season! How many goals over the years can anyone think of where we were cheated by this. I can't actually think of many other than wolves

We had a 0-0 at home to Swansea a few seasons back where one clearly over the line wasn't given. Only one I can think of  other than Wolves

5 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Imagine if Palace(?) had had that one years ago that went in the goal and came out so quickly none of the officials saw!

Colin accused us of cheating because we didn't admit it went in.  I didn't know why it wasn't given at the time, I thought there was some infringement in the box or something 

23 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Colin accused us of cheating because we didn't admit it went in.  I didn't know why it wasn't given at the time, I thought there was some infringement in the box or something 

Colin is a sex pest.

Archived