IGNORED

goal line tech

Antman

54 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Great vid. That's exactly how I experienced it as per my post above - clearly over the line, and the delay, whilst only a short moment, was long enough to almost get my blood boiling! 

One thing though. Your user name needs changing. You sure ain't in the dolman! 

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Wish we had it at Wolves last season! How many goals over the years can anyone think of where we were cheated by this. I can't actually think of many other than wolves

Works both ways though. I was in the home stand at Notts County many years ago, free tickets. Got battered in a 0-0. County had a shot well over the line we could clearly see I, nothing given. There was an elderly steward in front of us shouted so hard his false teeth popped out :rofl2br:

• Admin
3 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Not entirely sure but there was a long discussion about it in another thread - can't remember which one though (helpful I know :P).

It was news to me too to be fair.

Probably the cheating bring out the pigs merged Wolves return thread as it was under discussion of penalty incidents in that game.

1 hour ago, MrBibs said:

We had a 0-0 at home to Swansea a few seasons back where one clearly over the line wasn't given.

I remember thinking it might be in live but having seen the replay after it really wasn't clear at all so I think right decision not to give it.

Great to see this at all games now. If only they could do it for all aspects of the pitch. 

56 minutes ago, Harry said:

Great vid. That's exactly how I experienced it as per my post above - clearly over the line, and the delay, whilst only a short moment, was long enough to almost get my blood boiling! 

One thing though. Your user name needs changing. You sure ain't in the dolman! 

Not my video I'm afraid, just one I saw in my Instagram feed! 

3 hours ago, Neo said:

The "lino" did his job - the flag went across his chest about the same time the ref signaled to the half-way line - presumably all got the watches in in case refs breaks? 

Just realised those two were pretty decent linos yesterday. Cant remember getting cross with them once. Lost it with Atkinson a bit first half, but in fairness, he was pretty good too

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Really, when did that change ? 

Few years back I think

Lino now is meant to wave his flag then stand behind the goal line near the corner flag

Apparantly the old flag across the chest routine was never a bona fide signal - although I liked it as it was a pretty clear signal a spot kick was given

4 hours ago, Antman said:

so the ref used the technology yesterday - good stuff

do the Refs have smart watches (iwatch) ? the article mentioned he looked at his watch.

since the dim witted lino didnt give it, how else did the Ref know?

Was there a need for the lino to give it? If the tech says no, it's a no.

What if the lino gives it and the watch says no? 

15 hours ago, Harry said:

Regardless of technology, lino should still have given it. It wasn't even a close-call. Ball was a long way over the line and the momentary pause between the clear and obvious goal, the lino not reacting, before the ref gave it, I was about to go effing spare!! 

But he doesn't need to. He can watch whats going on elsewhere.  Use the tech to improve multiple aspects of the game.. 

51 minutes ago, Squeak said:

I definitely remember us being robbed of a goal away at Leicester. We were battered all game but Brian Wilson had a shot that cannoned off the underside of the bar and definitely looked over the line. Finished 0-0. Maybe during the GJ play off season?

I have spent five minutes trying to remember the name of our player who was robbed at Leicester. 

It was the play off season, and Leicester were relegated with Holloway as manager.

11 hours ago, Squeak said:

I definitely remember us being robbed of a goal away at Leicester. We were battered all game but Brian Wilson had a shot that cannoned off the underside of the bar and definitely looked over the line. Finished 0-0. Maybe during the GJ play off season?

I'm pretty sure there were images of that and the ball was over the line. Was one of the luckiest draws ever yet we were the only side to score a 'goal' that game.

Archived