IGNORED

Section 82

Awaydayuk

For a natural fan who attended the game at the start of the season and seeing the flags, banners and all the atmosphere created, yes the atmosphere is better now as I attended again yesterday but where have the banners and flags gone?? Would love to see the section full of banners and flags every game, or more and more displays 

34 minutes ago, Awaydayuk said:

For a natural fan who attended the game at the start of the season and seeing the flags, banners and all the atmosphere created, yes the atmosphere is better now as I attended again yesterday but where have the banners and flags gone?? Would love to see the section full of banners and flags every game, or more and more displays 

Thank you for the kind comments. 

We'd love to be able to set the flags up every game but sadly the move to the SS has presented us with difficulties. 

The club have not been able to come up with a storage area for the flags which is anywhere near the SS. We are currently using an unused room in the Atyeo. This presents great difficulty with transporting the flags to and from. Adds about an hour to our day having to move the flags this distance. 

We previously had a locker in the Atyeo concourse area, but the club won't allow us to have one in the SS as it's not to their taste and ruins the 'corporate' feel if they have other events in the SS concourse. 

We also were previously allowed to leave the flags up if there was no rugby match between the football fixtures. Again, we're not allowed to do that anymore as the stand is used for 'other' events. 

The Friday games won't help either, as to set up takes quite a while and we all work so it's difficult getting there in time to set up for a night match. 

We've also seen a number of flags go missing and a couple burned by the pyro we've experienced. 

I had really high hopes of this area but so far it's not been easy for us. We're only a small number of fans and without bigger numbers it's been hard work to get things done - we've all had varying reasons for not being able to help out this season (whether holiday, childcare,  travel issues), so when you are only bare minimum numbers and not everyone can make it, it becomes impossible for the others. If more people would be willing to help this would solve our problem. 

We'll keep trying but it's an uphill task every week, and if the club continue to not be able to offer us suitable storage in the SS, then we may only see the flags up a few times this season, which is a real shame. 

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Harry said:

We'd love to be able to set the flags up every game but sadly the move to the SS has presented us with difficulties. 

The club have not been able to come up with a storage area for the flags which is anywhere near the SS. We are currently using an unused room in the Atyeo. This presents great difficulty with transporting the flags to and from. Adds about an hour to our day having to move the flags this distance. 

We previously had a locker in the Atyeo concourse area, but the club won't allow us to have one in the SS as it's not to their taste and ruins the 'corporate' feel if they have other events in the SS concourse. 

We also were previously allowed to leave the flags up if there was no rugby match between the football fixtures. Again, we're not allowed to do that anymore as the stand is used for 'other' events. 

The Friday games won't help either, as to set up takes quite a while and we all work so it's difficult getting there in time to set up for a night match. 

We've also seen a number of flags go missing and a couple burned by the pyro we've experienced. 

I had really high hopes of this area but so far it's not been easy for us. We're only a small number of fans and without bigger numbers it's been hard work to get things done - we've all had varying reasons for not being able to help out this season (whether holiday, childcare,  travel issues), so when you are only bare minimum numbers and not everyone can make it, it becomes impossible for the others. If more people would be willing to help this would solve our problem. 

We'll keep trying but it's an uphill task every week, and if the club continue to not be able to offer us suitable storage in the SS, then we may only see the flags up a few times this season, which is a real shame. 

Would you appreciate volunteers? If so you could launch a thread on here, everyone benefits from a top atmosphere. 

34 minutes ago, Harry said:

Jesus, didnt realise it was that bad. Leaves a sour taste in your mouth reading that RE the club's attitudes to it. You should definitely start a thread as @Ian M said. I'm sure many aren't aware of the work that goes in to this stuff.

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Would you appreciate volunteers? If so you could launch a thread on here, everyone benefits from a top atmosphere. 

Thanks Ian. Will chat with the others in terms of agreeing a recruitment strategy. 

We're always looking for help, so if anyone out there is ever around AG at approx 10:30-11 ish on a Saturday and can spare an hour or so, that'd be great. 

25 minutes ago, Harry said:

Thanks Ian. Will chat with the others in terms of agreeing a recruitment strategy. 

We're always looking for help, so if anyone out there is ever around AG at approx 10:30-11 ish on a Saturday and can spare an hour or so, that'd be great. 

Tell ya what Slim, the noise from the corner you guys occupy was the best this season.

Even at 1-0 down.

Many a game I've not heard a lot from S82, but Saturday was mustard.

Just a shame it didn't seem to get as far as the Derby fans, maybe when they sort out the PA system they can construct a complicated system of tin cans and string and pipe you lot in to the away end!

1 hour ago, Dynamite Red said:

Why can't the flags be kept in the office space in the South Stand Corner by the murial?

Because they are offices used by the community trust, rugby foundation and Bristol sport foundation on a daily basis. There is probably no spare capacity for storage as I heard equipment used by the rugby etc is stored off site as there is limited storage space within the stadium. 

Shame about the flag situation, hope it's sorted soon.

That withstanding, even on flagless days the atmosphere is soooo much better this season since the move from the Atyeo.

From one or two things players And management have said, I think it's made a difference to our performances too.

Well done all.

33 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Shame about the flag situation, hope it's sorted soon.

That withstanding, even on flagless days the atmosphere is soooo much better this season since the move from the Atyeo.

From one or two things players And management have said, I think it's made a difference to our performances too.

Well done all.

Yeah I agree. Think LJ's comments about the atmosphere throughout his interviews this season proves it has an impact. It must lift the players.

Great job in that corner so far this season. It's helping get the whole ground more involved. My only concern is how far the noise travels - think it's possible away fans think it's silent as they can't hear.

Was looking at that sparsely occupied South Stand / Williams corner.. would be great to have another corner exactly like the existing one on that side.

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Great job in that corner so far this season. It's helping get the whole ground more involved. My only concern is how far the noise travels - think it's possible away fans think it's silent as they can't hear.

Was looking at that sparsely occupied South Stand / Williams corner.. would be great to have another corner exactly like the existing one on that side.

that is where most of the hospitality people sit. Not sure why but the bar/restaraunt has not been used much so far this season - anyone know why ?

12 hours ago, Harry said:

Ruins!! Is this Bristol Sport or the club I understand the need to control the brand but that is bloody ludicrous.

9 hours ago, Fiale said:

that is where most of the hospitality people sit. Not sure why but the bar/restaraunt has not been used much so far this season - anyone know why ?

Staff, comp tickets, bucket collectors etc. Not generally sold to the public I don't think. I haven't noticed the Heinekein not being used for football, but it certainly has been shut for the rugby matches. Quite a loss of revenue I would think.

10 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The away fans can't hear us?

wind this video to the 5 minute mark, the Barnsley fan has to raise his voice to do his commentary as all you can hear is our lot singing....

1 hour ago, gl1 said:

The away fans can't hear us?

wind this video to the 5 minute mark, the Barnsley fan has to raise his voice to do his commentary as all you can hear is our lot singing....

I wouldn't read too much into away fans saying they can't hear us- thats just what opposition fans do. 

When we were in the Atyeo last season we could hear the south stand when it made noise. In fact we regularly commented that it was a shame it didn't make more noise as it sounded really loud when it did!

Archived