IGNORED

team for stoke (merged)

cityred exile

19 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

LJ quoted on RB interview that he has already  picked and told the players the team for both the Derby and Stoke matches last Friday ,   Anyway my guess would be as follows   Steele  Pisano Flint Maggs  Kelly    COD Brownhill Pack Eliasson  Taylor  BR/ Fammy  1/2 each 

I'd agree with most of that, but probably play Vyner at RB, rather than rush Pisano back. 

Depends on Pisano's level of fitness, if he's ready for 60/70 minutes I think he'll start with the plan to sub him off for Vyner. Think we'll see Stoke as there to beat and a great chance of making the 4th round.

Frankie

Pisano/Vyner

Wright

Baker

Bryan

Pato

Pack

O'Neil/Brownhill

Eliasson

Reid

Woodrow

O'Neil isn't fit, Woodrow is cup tied!

Steele will play in goal I reckon and Pisano won't be risked so Vyner will play. Would like to see Kelly play and give JB a rest. Mags will get a game as will Taylor & Elliason. Still have a decent enough side out to give Stoke a good game

21 minutes ago, hodge said:

Depends on Pisano's level of fitness, if he's ready for 60/70 minutes I think he'll start with the plan to sub him off for Vyner. Think we'll see Stoke as there to beat and a great chance of making the 4th round.

Frankie

Pisano/Vyner

Wright

Baker

Bryan

Pato

Pack

O'Neil/Brownhill

Eliasson

Reid

Woodrow

No chance of that side, think he'll make at least 8 changes . Got to keep the squad happy . Imo

steele

vyner

hegeler/flint

mags

kelly

o'neil (if fit) 

brownhill 

eliasson

leko ( if not cup  tied )

taylor 

famara 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No chance of that side, think he'll make at least 8 changes . Got to keep the squad happy . Imo

steele

vyner

hegeler/flint

mags

kelly

o'neil (if fit) 

brownhill 

eliasson

leko ( if not cup  tied )

taylor 

famara 

Leko is cup tied, given Fammy seems to be only effective for 60 minutes I think we may opt for someone else upfront. I guess it depends how realistic LJ views our chances of winning are. Round 4 you're talking about being down to the last 16.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Leko is cup tied, given Fammy seems to be only effective for 60 minutes I think we may opt for someone else upfront. I guess it depends how realistic LJ views our chances of winning are. Round 4 you're talking about being down to the last 16.

I honestly couldn't care less about the league cup. Give the rest of the squad a run out , they need the minutes . Give the others a rest and get them ready for Norwich . 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I honestly couldn't care less about the league cup. Give the rest of the squad a run out , they need the minutes . Give the others a rest and get them ready for Norwich . 

Thing is from the team I listed maybe 5/6 are guaranteed starters, the CB's tend to be able to play game after game so okay to play them midweek. Bryan appears to have great stamina and an ability to play Saturday/Tuesday, so you're talking of Pato and Reid being subbed off early to save them. However I'll admit I forgot Kelly, lad deserves his chance in the first team again. 

A cup run is always good for morale and with the squad we have it's a good chance for some of the fringe players to get some much needed minutes, not too many changes though hopefully as we have a realistic chance of progression.

How anyone can say they don't care about the league cup is beyone me, one of my best memories as a kid was that night at the City Ground in the semi, and the noise in the east end for the second leg.

What team would you select for the match on Tuesday night?

I would go with..

Fielding

Vyner Flint Magnússon Kelly

O'Dowda Brownhill Pack Eliasson 

Taylor

Diedhiou  

Subs - Reid, Smith, Baker, Bryan, Paterson, Steele, Leko (not sure if cup tied)

6 hours ago, BCFC Josh said:

What team would you select for the match on Tuesday night?

I would go with..

Fielding

Vyner Flint Magnússon Kelly

O'Dowda Brownhill Pack Eliasson 

Taylor

Diedhiou  

Subs - Reid, Smith, Baker, Bryan, Paterson, Steele, Leko (not sure if cup tied)

I like the team you've picked. It's a tough one, last season our form seemed to dip after the Hull game. I think our recent results , will have caught Stoke's attention and their be ecpecting a tougher game than possibly when the draw was originally made.

A good test tomorrow against a decent premier league team

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just watched an interview on stoke city's twitter page. Assistant manager said it was there biggest game of the season. Expect them to have a strong side out . All players traveling. Going to be a tough game tomorrow. Looking forward to it though 

Best route into Europe for Stoke, so they'll be well up for it. 

LJ has another couple of seasons before he needs to worry about that..! 

Archived