IGNORED

In the Courts

wendyredredrobin

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well, people did say they didn't want him treated any differently to anyone else..! 

Hence the reason fines for these sorts of offence will soon be proportional to income.

Imagine earning £300K a week - Looking for somewhere to Park? 'There's a nice Bus Stop over there... £30 fine? GREAT value, I'll take that spot'. If that fine was proportional to your income, you'd think again.

4 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Hence the reason fines for these sorts of offence will soon be proportional to income.

Imagine earning £300K a week - Looking for somewhere to Park? 'There's a nice Bus Stop over there... £30 fine? GREAT value, I'll take that spot'. If that fine was proportional to your income, you'd think again.

Quite right too. 

5 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

If the man is so deprived of brain cells that he'd get in to a car so excessively over the limit, putting his life and other road users and pedestrians at risk, valuing his and other's lives so lowly (compared to taking a cab the whole journey) I doubt any amount of fine is relevant to his mind. 

39 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Staggering that Keys & Gray got sacked for "sexist comments", yet she seems to have got away with drink driving !

Double standards at their worst !

Kirsty could have killed many people driving whilst drunk,  yet Keys and Gray outraged the entire internet and Women's Institutions world wide.

They should have been tarred and feathered and flogged with wet haddock. ;)

11 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

"They spoke only to confirm their names, addresses and pleas, with Kee pleading not guilty and Tomlin electing not to enter a plea at this stage."

"Their next court appearance will be at Leicester Crown Court on Monday, October 16."

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/footballers-court-over-alleged-attack-492859

Cardiff City striker Lee Tomlin arrives at Leicester Magistrates Court

not entering a plea can't be a good sign

32 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

"They spoke only to confirm their names, addresses and pleas, with Kee pleading not guilty and Tomlin electing not to enter a plea at this stage."

"Their next court appearance will be at Leicester Crown Court on Monday, October 16."

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/footballers-court-over-alleged-attack-492859

Be ironic if he ended up in Horfield . Being in prison in the West Country. 

55 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

"They spoke only to confirm their names, addresses and pleas, with Kee pleading not guilty and Tomlin, wearing an ill fitting suit, electing not to enter a plea at this stage."

Edited for accuracy. 

6 hours ago, BrightCiderLife said:

Just a helpful pointer for those who haven't had to study legal Latin:

Actues Reus is the criminal deed (punching, glassing, stabbing etc.)

Mens Rea is the criminal thought (wanting to cause bodily injury).

Chris Rea is driving home for Christmas (unlike Rooney, possibly). 

Criminal deed, criminal thought and (sometimes) criminal music

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Probably didn't understand the question.

'GBH without intent' - he probably thought it was something to do with the off side rule, looked up and couldn't work out why the ref was wearing a wig.

4 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Criminal deed, criminal thought and (sometimes) criminal music

'GBH without intent' - he probably thought it was something to do with the off side rule, looked up and couldn't work out why the ref was wearing a wig.

Luckily Wayne never had to appear at the crown court for his case, imagine his boner when he spotted the judge wearing a wig???

4 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Staggering that Keys & Gray got sacked for "sexist comments", yet she seems to have got away with drink driving !

Double standards at their worst !

Kirsty was dealt with in a court of law, Keys and Gray by their employers. So she didn't "get away with it" at all. Personally I'd rather be in shit with my boss than with a magistrate

To be honest, I think Sky were looking for a reason to get rid of them

5 hours ago, myol'man said:

£170 fine for Rooney :facepalm:

I thought that means tested fines were already in place.  If not, when will they be.

£170 is having a laugh for him, though he wont enjoy the ban or community service (litter picking in Stretford?).

Will Coleen be acting as chauffeur when she crawls back to him or will he hire one?  Again, he won't miss a few bob for that.

5 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Kirsty was dealt with in a court of law, Keys and Gray by their employers. So she didn't "get away with it" at all. Personally I'd rather be in shit with my boss than with a magistrate

To be honest, I think Sky were looking for a reason to get rid of them

And you are probably correct and being devil's advocate here I wonder how sky would have reacted to a male 3 times over the limit drink driver?.

3 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I think it would entirely depend how happy they were with said male in their current role

I doubt it but we will never know, well until the next time it happens of course.

I still cannot get beyond 3 times over the limit (especially in her case 11am and picking her kids up) that the ban or the overall punishment is sufficient.

Archived