IGNORED

In the Courts

wendyredredrobin

26 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Kirsty was dealt with in a court of law, Keys and Gray by their employers. So she didn't "get away with it" at all. Personally I'd rather be in shit with my boss than with a magistrate

To be honest, I think Sky were looking for a reason to get rid of them

No reason for her employers not to sack her directly afterwards, though.

Rooney likely to be fined the maximum by his employers, after being charged.

No mention of any punishment from Gallagher's employers ?

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well let's be honest he has never been somebody who has ever admitted his own guilt on the pitch, it was always somebody else's fault.

That's not strictly trur EMB, he did say in an interview that it was right that he should be dropped, but that was immediately siezed on as being fake news by the ITK's.

12 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I doubt it but we will never know, well until the next time it happens of course.

I still cannot get beyond 3 times over the limit (especially in her case 11am and picking her kids up) that the ban or the overall punishment is sufficient.

I always find the idea that a mega-corporation like Sky give a damn whether the individual in question in cases like these has breasts or not quite amusing. They don't care what's between the persons legs, they care about whether that person still has value to them after whatever scandal has played out. Gallagher evidently had value. Keys and Gray did not. I agree that what she did was pretty high up the scale of asshole, but that was dealt with by the courts for better or for worse. Once she retained her liberty, the only thing that will have mattered was $$$

16 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Evidently they felt she still had value as an asset to that employer. Rooney ain't gonna get sacked by Everton, is he? Same thing really. Companies like Sky only take a moral view when he suits the business model

18 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Can someone better versed in the law of the land tell me what he's likely to get?

Not versed in law but the fact the magistrate has sent it to the Crown Court and that LT hasn't entered a plea at this first stage, doesn't bode well should he be found/admit guilt.

3 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Not versed in law but the fact the magistrate has sent it to the Crown Court and that LT hasn't entered a plea at this first stage, doesn't bode well should he be found/admit guilt.

Okay, thanks, done some research and worked out what not entering a plea means hahaha, which it seems like is equivalent to saying not guilty. Dear oh dear.

1 hour ago, The Gasbuster said:

Well what did they expect anyway? Once a Gallagher, always a Gallagher :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Okay, thanks, done some research and worked out what not entering a plea means hahaha, which it seems like is equivalent to saying not guilty. Dear oh dear.

The case was always going to go to Crown Court. Not entering a plea at this stage suggests to me that Tomlin is probably looking to either suggest a 'basis of plea'  - where the charge is accepted but on the basis that something may have happened to provoke him perhaps? Or else he may be willing to plead guilty to a lesser charge like ABH which would attract a lighter sentence. Either way, assuming he admits/is convicted, he's looking at time - although anything under 2 years can be suspended.

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

That's not strictly trur EMB, he did say in an interview that it was right that he should be dropped, but that was immediately siezed on as being fake news by the ITK's.

And he spent a lot of his energy constantly berating everybody and anybody from his own team and especially referees.

11 hours ago, BrightCiderLife said:

Just a helpful pointer for those who haven't had to study legal Latin:

Actues Reus is the criminal deed (punching, glassing, stabbing etc.)

Mens Rea is the criminal thought (wanting to cause bodily injury).

Chris Rea is driving home for Christmas (unlike Rooney, possibly). 

there's also Gonner…

18 hours ago, CiderJar said:

"They spoke only to confirm their names, addresses and pleas, with Kee pleading not guilty and Tomlin electing not to enter a plea at this stage."

"Their next court appearance will be at Leicester Crown Court on Monday, October 16."

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/footballers-court-over-alleged-attack-492859

Cardiff City striker Lee Tomlin arrives at Leicester Magistrates Court

Nothing will happen for weeks.

A bit like his career.........

15 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

if it's gone to crown court with no plea then a custodial sentence is on the cards me thinks

Archived