IGNORED

Our leaky, porous defence.....

Jack Dawe

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

The 3 of them have only played together in 2 games and how many of Wolves' goals came from a cross into the box..?

I just mean those 3 in general. They've been the CBs who've played the most. I can't recall all the goals we've conceded in the league but I think wolves were the exception. A lot more quality on that team than most we will face.

I think we are better than many teams but there are a few with good wingers and strikers that we(and most) will stuggle to keep out. Boro, Wolves and Leeds we will struggle against as they have pacy tricky wingers and get crosses into good strikers. Don't think many other teams have that combo. Funnily enough we could be a team like that in the near future but think we prefer carving out more clear cut chances through the middle. 

Other than teams like the ones I mentioned, I think games we lose will be similar to Birmingham where they're limited to longer shots but s couple find the corners. We won't be the best defense but if we can hover between 10-14, we won't be in a relegation battle and if we continue to tighten it up and break the top 10 we'll have a chance at playoffs because I think we'll always create chances to score. 

10 hours ago, Pezo said:

I cant think of a time in my time supporting City (28 or so years) that we have had a good defensive record in this league.

We have always tried to score our way out of trouble and luckly its always worked and not been a massive issue thats needed to be addressed but seemingly ignored.

When our energy levels drop we might run into a few more problems but lets enjoy ourselves until it happens.

2008, we scor3d 54 and conceded 53

Archived