IGNORED

Martin Atkinson Last Week

tinman85

4 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Really? First half he gave them everything. It seems to me when we get the dross from the premier league they are even worse than the football league guys. 

He was giving soft decisions all game for both teams, never played advantage once and kept getting in the way. 

14 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Really? First half he gave them everything. It seems to me when we get the dross from the premier league they are even worse than the football league guys. 

Obviously didn't see Flint blatantly obstruct the Derby player just outside the box then in the first half.

11 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I'm still not sure why that wasn't a free kick and booking?

Flint knew he was losing the race, looked over at the guy and deliberately took him out.

He was very lucky. Shocking defending and a clear foul.

32 minutes ago, Spoons said:

He was giving soft decisions all game for both teams, never played advantage once and kept getting in the way. 

Although he wasn't too fussy about where FK were taken from, that kept the game going fairly well.  I honestly didn't think he was too bad.

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Still needed Hawkeye to give the goal.

But just like the Lino he can use that technology to concentrate on other things. What if it bounced the otherside of the crossbar but missed someone being bundled over because he was focused on the goal line.. 

59 minutes ago, shelts said:

Thought he was excellent . Could tell he was experienced Fifa official and arguably the best in this Country 

Maybe this is a whoosh but I actually agree. I didn't think he was bad at all, not a lot he could do with the penalties. It was also quite refreshing to see a referee a bit less ******* picky about where free kicks are taken from. A yard to the left in the defensive half won't make a blind bit of difference.

Compared to the utter dross we've had recently he seems alright to me.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Obviously didn't see Flint blatantly obstruct the Derby player just outside the box then in the first half.

Is there such a thing as obstruction now? The way defenders shield the ball out for goal kicks is almost GBH now let alone obstruction. I know all teams do it but surely the player should be trying to play the ball.

4 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I'm still not sure why that wasn't a free kick and booking?

Flint knew he was losing the race, looked over at the guy and deliberately took him out.

No different to seeing defenders stop a striker get to the ball and let the ball go out for a goal kick. No foul. 

What he failed to do was book 4 Derby players for cynical tackles first half, then book Pack 2nd half for the same. 

Lack of consistency is referees main fault. 

7 minutes ago, nickolas said:

No different to seeing defenders stop a striker get to the ball and let the ball go out for a goal kick. No foul. 

What he failed to do was book 4 Derby players for cynical tackles first half, then book Pack 2nd half for the same. 

Thats rubbish. It was shockingly bad lazy defending. 

12 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Big difference between shielding a ball as it goes out over the line and deliberately taking a player out to stop him beating you to the ball.

I take it there's a no-swearing rule on this board. This makes it difficult for me to give my full and frank opinion on Atkinson, but I think you catch my drift.

Does anyone remember Rob Styles. We played Wigan once when he was officiating. The players and officials walked out to both sets of fans chanting "The referee's a #*@#/☆!" 

We must have got to him more as he sent one of their's off in the first half. Wigan fans were livid. Pies everywhere! :clapping:

1 hour ago, Dreamkiller said:

Does anyone remember Rob Styles. We played Wigan once when he was officiating. The players and officials walked out to both sets of fans chanting "The referee's a #*@#/☆!" 

Certainly do.

One of the major Prem refs from the Ferguson era where amazingly a lot of refereeing "mistakes" all seemed to go in Man U's favour..

Archived