IGNORED

Ryanair

Esmond Million's Bung

Hundreds of flights cancelled something that will go on for over 6 weeks, people abandoned abroad with little or no help and all of this because Ryanair forgot that it's pilot's are entitled to holidays and about 170 other pilots have left the shackles of the Ryanair workhouse ethic to join Norwegian airlines.

Surely this is plainly unsustainable?.

Found this rant below, amongst others.

"Hello, I'm currently sat in Alicante Airport eating a Burger King (which you will be paying for, I'll explain why in a sec don't worry), as when I arrived here earlier today with my wife and her parents and waited in line patiently to go through security, our boarding passes were rejected. This came as a surprise to us, but you already knew this didn't you, you cheeky monkeys!!! And why did our boarding passes get rejected?? Because you CANCELLED OUR FLIGHTS AND DIDN'T TELL US!!!!!! Now this in itself is pretty abysmal, do you agree? But our issues don't stop there do they? Nope. You know what's coming next don't you, cos you're such cheeky monkeys, you have offered us absolutely no solution on how we get home whatsoever, have you?! Nothing. Nada. Do you want to know what the poor girl at your desk in Alicante Airport said to us?? She can get the 4 of us on a flight to Manchester....... A WEEK TODAY!!!!! Are you gonna tell my boss the good news, or should I?! So, to sum up, your company is a DISGRACE. This is only a rant whilst I munch down my Burger King (I've got the receipt to send you don't worry, it was nice too, so thanks in advance), a full and well structured complaint will be following soon enough. I just need to find my way home first, seeing as you have left us all stranded in Spain".....

I seem to have lost my "How to keep your Customers' manual somewhere, but I think the Ryanair accounts may well be a little less than expected this year. Money talks, and many will be sending Mr Michael O'Leary a two worded response involving sex and travel.

14 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

I seem to have lost my "How to keep your Customers' manual somewhere, but I think the Ryanair accounts may well be a little less than expected this year. Money talks, and many will be sending Mr Michael O'Leary a two worded response involving sex and travel.

Presumably without the travel for at least 6 weeks.

20 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Blow Fly ?  Coitus Noflyus ?  Taxi for Johnson (aka Toss) Off ?

I see the irony has not been lost here...

The best I've heard is No Flyanair. There.

What makes me surprised is the fact that they had dropped a right clanger about their staff/plane rotas for the forthcoming future. Given that, they either had to rework the tangle and put staff in all the wrong points to compensate or suffer a drop in flight punctuality. They chose the latter to be more important and have therefore cancelled many scheduled services.   :blink::facepalm:    No particular thought seems to have been given to the actual customers.

Elsewhere, the word is that the company treats its flight staff very poorly and there is a continued state of rebellion among the ranks. Ryanair has become the Sports Direct of the air.  :ermm:

6 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

What makes me surprised is the fact that they had dropped a right clanger about their staff/plane rotas for the forthcoming future. Given that, they either had to rework the tangle and put staff in all the wrong points to compensate or suffer a drop in flight punctuality. They chose the latter to be more important and have therefore cancelled many scheduled services.   :blink::facepalm:    No particular thought seems to have been given to the actual customers.

Elsewhere, the word is that the company treats its flight staff very poorly and there is a continued state of rebellion among the ranks. Ryanair has become the Sports Direct of the air.  :ermm:

Isn't that one of their advertising slogans?.

9 hours ago, Erithacus said:

There is a very good & amusing book out called "Ruinair" which is all about them.

I have only flown with Ryanair once - never again.  As a previous poster has said, they treat their staff dreadfully and consequently lose pilots to Norwegian and other airlines at the drop of a hat.  When you are on a Ryanair flight you are bombarded with attempts to sell you just about everything - food, drinks, perfume, scratchcards - you name it.  Just before landing there is a self-congratulatory fanfare - we have arrived early!  They don't mention that they allow more time for the flight than their competitors.  During the one flight I took with them I sat wondering what would happen in an emergency.  The cabin staff all looked as if they should be in school and did not seem terribly bright.  My step-daughter works for another airline and when they report for duty they are asked a number of questions regarding safety.  If they get one wrong they don't fly.  In the event of an emergency on a Ryanair 'plane I would rely on my own instincts not those of an adolescent in a uniform who, incidentally, has to pay for that uniform.  Michael O'Leary is quite the most objectionable company boss I have ever come across and I am not surprised by this turn of events.  In fairness I will admit that their aircraft are modern and appear to be well maintained.

O'Leary has just offered pilots £12K to change their holidays (first officers £6k) Response is that they want new contracts.....prepare for sh** fight. More importantly, look out for the sneaky tactics of stealth charging....un-printed boarding passes etc and for God sake, don't go a single gram over baggage limits...they'll get you!!:yawn:

Baggage.jpg

3 hours ago, City Cat said:

O'Leary has just offered pilots £12K to change their holidays (first officers £6k) Response is that they want new contracts.....prepare for sh** fight. More importantly, look out for the sneaky tactics of stealth charging....un-printed boarding passes etc and for God sake, don't go a single gram over baggage limits...they'll get you!!:yawn:

Baggage.jpg

And there you have it folks Ryanair/O'leary didn't **** up the pilots are working to rule.

2 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Fairly sure I have read that RuinAir book: if I recall correctly, it claimed O'Leary had his chauffeur driven car registered as a private hire cab in Dublin so that he could use the bus lanes and thus speed up his journeys.

That's the one

I will never fly Ryan Air again after an horrendous experience the last time I flew with them.

The whole checking in thing and additional fees are a nightmare as is the return flight farce where you have to spend a few hours of your holiday trying to get on line then get a printer to print your boarding pass / tickets out so you don't get charged £200 pounds per ticket to do it at the airport.

The last time I flew with them, on the return flight I was sat next to the wife listening to the safety messages when they got to the bit about the masks dropping from the roof. I suddenly had a thought in my head of half the plane pulling the masks towards them with a 'sharp tug' and actually pulling the thing out of the roof. It made me chuckle. After the safety brief was complete the stewardess in front of me came down the aisle and gave me a right mouthful of abuse telling me to never laugh at her when she was giving the safety brief. For the rest of the flight she refused to serve me and just walked past. One of the other stewards had to come back up the aisle from behind us to serve us. 

I have always found their staff rude and unhelpful but this took the biscuit. 

Still you get what you pay for.

As the character Taj in the Matt Lucas / David Walliams comedy 'come fly with me' said..... 'Well it's your fault for being a cheapskate and booking with a crap airline, isn't it?"

4 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I will never fly Ryan Air again after an horrendous experience the last time I flew with them.

The whole checking in thing and additional fees are a nightmare as is the return flight farce where you have to spend a few hours of your holiday trying to get on line then get a printer to print your boarding pass / tickets out so you don't get charged £200 pounds per ticket to do it at the airport.

The last time I flew with them, on the return flight I was sat next to the wife listening to the safety messages when they got to the bit about the masks dropping from the roof. I suddenly had a thought in my head of half the plane pulling the masks towards them with a 'sharp tug' and actually pulling the thing out of the roof. It made me chuckle. After the safety brief was complete the stewardess in front of me came down the aisle and gave me a right mouthful of abuse telling me to never laugh at her when she was giving the safety brief. For the rest of the flight she refused to serve me and just walked past. One of the other stewards had to come back up the aisle from behind us to serve us. 

I have always found their staff rude and unhelpful but this took the biscuit. 

Still you get what you pay for.

As the character Taj in the Matt Lucas / David Walliams comedy 'come fly with me' said..... 'Well it's your fault for being a cheapskate and booking with a crap airline, isn't it?"

I had something similar when the Stewardess couldn't work out the rate of exchange between Euro and Pounds. She was calculating it completely arse about and got in a right royal strop when I pointed it out.  Even when other passengers tried to explain it to her she was having none of it.

Another time flying from Glasgow to Dublin the flight was full of Celtic fans after a Auld Firm game.  They were a bit vocal and the Steward burst into tears halfway through the Safety Demo and flounced off to the back of the plane. Shouldn't laugh I know but it was quite amusing.

I'm glad I've never had the misfortune of flying with Ryanair....

Judging from the various media coverage it does seem as if O'Learys style of leadership is finally caught up with him. The pilots although well paid get very demanding flight schedules and are upping arms. They see this chaos within RyanAir as an opportunity to improve their deals. I wonder if the cabin crew will/are doing the same....

i must admit I'm following this developing problems on this story,

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I've flown with them twice and on one of those trips we had an emergency landing (medical reasons, not mechanical). Both times I found it fine. Use the app on your phone or boarding passes. Make sure your prepared if you need hold luggage. Staff were friendly. 

Just adding some balance.

In fairness a lot of us have been to places we would'not normally go to because of them

No-one will admit to being a cheap-skate who places no value on service or safety, but likes a £19.99 flight to Malaga.

Millions and millions do though.

That ain't going to change. Same morons who buy 5 litres of cheap milk for £2 and pour most of it away.

People like cheap shit = we get what we pay for.

If we all went to Cornwall for two years, Ryanair would fold. 

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK??

tfj

P.S Up yours BigTone

Archived