IGNORED

Ryanair

Esmond Million's Bung

On 18/09/2017 at 15:43, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Hundreds of flights cancelled something that will go on for over 6 weeks, people abandoned abroad with little or no help and all of this because Ryanair forgot that it's pilot's are entitled to holidays and about 170 other pilots have left the shackles of the Ryanair workhouse ethic to join Norwegian airlines.

Surely this is plainly unsustainable?.

Found this rant below, amongst others.

"Hello, I'm currently sat in Alicante Airport eating a Burger King (which you will be paying for, I'll explain why in a sec don't worry), as when I arrived here earlier today with my wife and her parents and waited in line patiently to go through security, our boarding passes were rejected. This came as a surprise to us, but you already knew this didn't you, you cheeky monkeys!!! And why did our boarding passes get rejected?? Because you CANCELLED OUR FLIGHTS AND DIDN'T TELL US!!!!!! Now this in itself is pretty abysmal, do you agree? But our issues don't stop there do they? Nope. You know what's coming next don't you, cos you're such cheeky monkeys, you have offered us absolutely no solution on how we get home whatsoever, have you?! Nothing. Nada. Do you want to know what the poor girl at your desk in Alicante Airport said to us?? She can get the 4 of us on a flight to Manchester....... A WEEK TODAY!!!!! Are you gonna tell my boss the good news, or should I?! So, to sum up, your company is a DISGRACE. This is only a rant whilst I munch down my Burger King (I've got the receipt to send you don't worry, it was nice too, so thanks in advance), a full and well structured complaint will be following soon enough. I just need to find my way home first, seeing as you have left us all stranded in Spain".....

pprune

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:23, Red Bill said:

I have only flown with Ryanair once - never again.  As a previous poster has said, they treat their staff dreadfully and consequently lose pilots to Norwegian and other airlines at the drop of a hat.  When you are on a Ryanair flight you are bombarded with attempts to sell you just about everything - food, drinks, perfume, scratchcards - you name it.  Just before landing there is a self-congratulatory fanfare - we have arrived early!  They don't mention that they allow more time for the flight than their competitors.  During the one flight I took with them I sat wondering what would happen in an emergency.  The cabin staff all looked as if they should be in school and did not seem terribly bright.  My step-daughter works for another airline and when they report for duty they are asked a number of questions regarding safety.  If they get one wrong they don't fly.  In the event of an emergency on a Ryanair 'plane I would rely on my own instincts not those of an adolescent in a uniform who, incidentally, has to pay for that uniform.  Michael O'Leary is quite the most objectionable company boss I have ever come across and I am not surprised by this turn of events.  In fairness I will admit that their aircraft are modern and appear to be well maintained.

Despite all you say the tickets are cheap and if you can't manage a shorthaul flight without eating something ,take sandwiches.

This is one almighty cock up by them and points to very bad management. I am very sad about this episode.

Them and easyjet have enabled millions of people to travel who previously could only dream of it. 

I have often flown with both companies and know that their are no frills but accept the conditions because of the value for money,  for example , flying to Gatwick from France the ticket for the Gatwick Express into central London was more expensive than my air ticket !

Air travel is not without it's problems but I really have no worries about booking with either firm .

Once I was caught at Stansted by a French airtraffic controller's strike , a rarity I know , and Ryanair were brilliant at dealing with it . I had a taxi to a hotel , a room with dinner and breakfast . In the morning they sent another taxi to pick me up for my delayed flight .

7 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I've flown with them twice and on one of those trips we had an emergency landing (medical reasons, not mechanical). Both times I found it fine. Use the app on your phone or boarding passes. Make sure your prepared if you need hold luggage. Staff were friendly. 

Just adding some balance.

Yeah, if you know how to play by their rules it’s fine and very little difference to EasyJet or similar.

Every time I’ve flown with them it’s been fine.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah, if you know how to play by their rules it’s fine and very little difference to EasyJet or similar.

Every time I’ve flown with them it’s been fine.

Me too. I must have flown with them about 50 times, the more you fly the easier it is to avoid stupid charges etc and get the best out if them. 

The truth is, there's often no alternative to places they fly, or if there is they're a hundred miles away. 

Ive had loads of flights for under £50 all included and find their punctuality streets ahead of Easyjet. I know one day they'll let me down but I've had a good run.

10 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Despite all you say the tickets are cheap and if you can't manage a shorthaul flight without eating something ,take sandwiches.

This is one almighty cock up by them and points to very bad management. I am very sad about this episode.

Them and easyjet have enabled millions of people to travel who previously could only dream of it. 

I have often flown with both companies and know that their are no frills but accept the conditions because of the value for money,  for example , flying to Gatwick from France the ticket for the Gatwick Express into central London was more expensive than my air ticket !

Air travel is not without it's problems but I really have no worries about booking with either firm .

Once I was caught at Stansted by a French airtraffic controller's strike , a rarity I know , and Ryanair were brilliant at dealing with it . I had a taxi to a hotel , a room with dinner and breakfast . In the morning they sent another taxi to pick me up for my delayed flight .

The real worry(outside of the ubiquitous 'French air traffic control,and lack of "Frill's)is the taking of LEGAL safety limits to the wire.....

Pressuruzing the way pilots think/react because of refueling policy is just one thing.

Spare a thought for poor ole Michael O’Leary, Chief Executive of Ryanair.

After arriving in a hotel in Manchester, he went to the bar and asked for a pint of Guinness.

The barman nodded and said, "That will be £1 please, Mr. O’Leary."

Somewhat taken aback, O'Leary replied, "That's very cheap," and handed over his money.

"Well, we do try to stay ahead of the competition", said the barman. "And we are serving free pints every Wednesday from 6 pm until 8 pm. We have the cheapest beer in England".

"That is remarkable value", Michael comments.

"I see you don't seem to have a glass, so you'll probably need one of ours. That will be £3 please."

O'Leary scowled, but paid up.

He took his drink and walked towards a seat. "Ah, you want to sit down?" said the barman. "That'll be an extra £2. You could have pre-booked the seat, and it would have only cost you £1."

"I think you may be too big for the seat sir, can I ask you to sit in this frame please".

Michael attempts to sit down but the frame is too small and when he can't squeeze in, he complains "Nobody would fit in that little frame".

"I'm afraid if you can't fit in the frame you'll have to pay an extra surcharge of £4 for your seat sir".

O'Leary swore to himself, but paid up. "I see that you have brought your laptop with you" added the barman. "And since that wasn't pre-booked either, that will be another £3."

O'Leary was so incensed that he walked back to the bar, slammed his drink on the counter, and yelled, "This is ridiculous, I want to speak to the manager".

"I see you want to use the counter," says the barman, "that will be £2 please."

O'Leary's face was red with rage. "Do you know who I am?"

"Of course I do Mr. O'Leary."

"I've had enough! What sort of a Hotel is this? I come in for a quiet drink and you treat me like this. I insist on speaking to a manager!"

"Here is his e-mail address, or if you wish, you can contact him between 9.00 am and 9.01am every morning, Monday to Tuesday at this free phone number. Calls are free, until they are answered, then there is a talking charge of only £1 per second, or part thereof".

"I will never use this bar again".

"OK sir, but do remember, we are the only hotel in England selling pints for £1." 

19 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/furious-ryanair-pilot-calls-lbc-on-working/

This really is unreal, pay for an interview! Then pay 29,500 Euros just to get the job :yes:

Ryanair deny all of this but here's the evidence.

https://pilot.cae.com/Programs/Ryanair.aspx?prog=6

Archived