IGNORED

411 the answer...

EmersonsRed

Will wait for comments from somebody that was there, but sounded like Taylor and Fammy linked up well. Stunning result really. I know whatever their manager says top league sides seem to struggle to get themselves motivated for these games, but that it a completely unexpected, easy and well deserved win.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

The only Premier league (Vs lower division) casualty of the night too. 

Make no mistake, from this stage all Premier league clubs want to win this. 

Fantastically impressive result! 

Leeds v Burnley?

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

Will wait for comments from somebody that was there, but sounded like Taylor and Fammy linked up well. Stunning result really. I know whatever their manager says top league sides seem to struggle to get themselves motivated for these games, but that it a completely unexpected, easy and well deserved win.

Yes, decent.  Taylor played unlike I've ever seen him play before (certainly in second half - he was brilliant).  Fam put him in first half with a great pass, flicked on for his goal.  His physical presence made sure Taylor could play free in the holes.  I do like Taylor's movement, its purposeful and at pace.  It's the overall quality on the ball where I have questions....but I've seen a slither of humble pie in the window of Greggs on my way home.

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

It sounds like the most impressive performance was Pack. i really didnt think he has the athletic ability to play like it sounds like he did. Also Hegeler was part of shutting out a Premier attack. Impressive management and coaching by LJ.

Hegelrs intervention towards the end after a slip  (flint?) was particularly impressive. 

13 minutes ago, Renaissance Williams said:

I walked back towards Temple Meads behind three Stoke lads. Their comment: "If that's their "B" team, what's their ******* "A" team like?"

Made me feel even better than the game did!

that has made my night. Opposition praise is resonates more than us slapping ourselves on the back - even though the team really do deserve a slap on the back! Is there an emoji for that?

33 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

that has made my night. Opposition praise is resonates more than us slapping ourselves on the back - even though the team really do deserve a slap on the back! Is there an emoji for that?

I love the idea that they may be chatting to some Chelsea fans at the weekend, saying... "yeah, that Bristol City are a cracking team. Played us off the park & could have scored 5 or 6. And that was just their reserve team" 

2 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

It sounds like the most impressive performance was Pack. i really didnt think he has the athletic ability to play like it sounds like he did. Also Hegeler was part of shutting out a Premier attack. Impressive management and coaching by LJ.

You spot that time when we were attacking second half and Mags got flattened on the edge of their box and they broke down their right? Which player ran fifty yards at full pelt to cover left back and got the tackle in on their winger? Marlon.

8 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

You spot that time when we were attacking second half and Mags got flattened on the edge of their box and they broke down their right? Which player ran fifty yards at full pelt to cover left back and got the tackle in on their winger? Marlon.

Thanks. Only listened, so eyewitness reports like that are appreciated. Getting dropped really seems to have made him push on maybe?

8 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

On top of that, Aden Flint lost the ball 30 yards away from goal, got back on to his feet and got the whole way back to hack the ball clear and stop their striker from having a tap in, great effort from the whole team last night

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

On top of that, Aden Flint lost the ball 30 yards away from goal, got back on to his feet and got the whole way back to hack the ball clear and stop their striker from having a tap in, great effort from the whole team last night

As Steele said that was a gamechanger?

Best performance under LJ?

Given the opposition you would have to think it's right up there...shows what excellent depth we now have too.

Like with the Barnsley game opening day and the Derby game in  particular- we made the opposition look bad. Barnsley will struggle yes, but Derby and Stoke especially have good players and we made them look average.

10 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Only slight concern for me was Zak Vyner, who got turned once or twice too often in the first half, but he visibly gained confidence as the match went on and had a much better second half (and credit to LJ for keeping him on for the full 94 minutes).

Sort of expected when chucking a young 'un in at one of the toughest positions to play, against a strong (but rotated) Stoke team.

He did get beaten a few times, but I thought he had a decent enough game overall.

12 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Berahino and Wimmer - purchased for £43 million !!  

:blink:

:whistle:

:laughcont:

Wimmer in particular I thought was abysmal! Taylor walked round him like he wasn't there for his goal, he was slow all game, couldn't pass, didn't win much in the air...Flint looked 10 times the player he was...and Wimmer went for £18million I believe? Best be asking for £180 million for Flinty...

It was a brilliant performance against top opposition. For me I thought it was O'Dowda's best game too. Taylor was outstanding all night linking well with Fam. 2 centre backs excellent (Flint has looked re born since 1st September!). Steele looks top drawer cover for Frankie. LJ has a job on to pick a side each week with this squad! 

Im struggling to contain my excitement for the season..... it's the hope that kills you! 

Archived