IGNORED

3 defeats in last 23

Bar BS3

What an outstanding, remarkable turnaround we have shown, from a point where many/most people could see little/no light at the end of the tunnel. 

To only lose 3 games (in all competitions) in our last 23 matches is testiment to just how much hard work must have been going on behind the scenes during those tough times last season. 

It wont last forever. We know that!

We've all seen false dawns. Too many. 

However, I'd go so far as to say that this is possibly the best squad & best set up, we have ever had here. Certainly in my 30 years of watching City. 

Long may the positives outweigh the negatives!

P.S. Fix the bloody PA system! :whistle:

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

What an outstanding, remarkable turnaround we have shown, from a point where many/most people could see little/no light at the end of the tunnel. 

To only lose 3 games (in all competitions) in our last 23 matches is testiment to just how much hard work must have been going on behind the scenes during those tough times last season. 

It wont last forever. We know that!

We've all seen false dawns. Too many. 

However, I'd go so far as to say that this is possibly the best squad & best set up, we have ever had here. Certainly in my 30 years of watching City. 

Long may the positives outweigh the negatives!

P.S. Fix the bloody PA system! :whistle:

We can debate all we want

Those stats are very impressive, speak for themselves ,  and can't be reliant on luck or rub of green over such a period

Something exciting developing here 

:fingerscrossed:

• Admin
9 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Pfft, had to go and check.

Quite right, Birmingham twice and a defeat to Brentford and Preston on the bounce. 11 wins, 8 draws, 4 losses. 

Still only lost to three teams however...

Over a full season that would be 82 points. 

I think we'd all be well pleased if we finished on that this season. 

10 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

sorry to quote myself but just looked up Leeds home record over the last 25 odd games which is much better. 2nd best home record outside the Prem.....I'll settle for that.

This might be a bit of a cheat, but Lincoln on Sunday lost their first game at home the run extending one day short of a year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41209938

11 minutes ago, cityexile said:

This might be a bit of a cheat, but Lincoln on Sunday lost their first game at home the run extending one day short of a year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41209938

Remember that year we did Saints at their place and stopped them going a calendar year unbeaten at home by one day.

Pearson - 1-0

22 minutes ago, Ian M said:

As long as none of these are in the cup, this is our route into the Europa League, like LJ promised. :thumbsup:

Last night I was watching the debate, they spoke about Huddersfield closing their academy down and how this may affect them if they ever got into Europe.

I then had a light bulb moment. When we get into Europe like LJ has promised, we will be able to fill the home grown criteria. LJ is a genius. This is his master plan.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

still early doors, come back after 20 games and if we are in a similar postion then I may start thinking play-offs, far to early at the moment

Are you on the right thread Monkeh? The OP is saying how we're on a great run of form stretching back to last season and how strong the squad is - not much more than that!

35 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Are you on the right thread Monkeh? The OP is saying how we're on a great run of form stretching back to last season and how strong the squad is - not much more than that!

yea, but I'm not getting too carried away with it thats all, I seem to remember similar threads last season and we know how that went,

Just keeping my feet on the ground :) 

22 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I wonder if people will still be praising Johnson for this excellent run a year from now in the same way they still lambast for the (shorter) bad run that preceded it!

In fairness, at last, people are starting to change their minds and accept that LJ might have something about him. 

With the odd few, obvious exceptions, who wouldn't class Ghandi as a decent sort of guy, if his name was Lee Johnson..! 

Archived